View Single Post
Old 14-May-15, 00:29
Points: 45,359, Level: 93 Points: 45,359, Level: 93 Points: 45,359, Level: 93
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,730 Times in 467 Posts
Default Re: Competitive wrestling: One woman vs Two men

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuio [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I can see Gina Carano knocking out 2 average 150 pound tech guys in a fight.
Sure. Put me in a wrestling match against two average fourteen-year-old boys, and I can probably pin them both at the same time.

So I have little doubt that some of the top-tier female wrestlers could defeat, say, two fairly shrimpy college freshmen - like, 140 pound 18-year-old men who haven't really grown into their bodies yet.

What's interesting is that this is a scenario where it's harder to recruit male "talent" than female talent. It's not easy to find young, small guys who are healthy and fit but just not very strong.

I would have been perfect for it 20 years ago. I worked out every day, I could run ten miles, I had a six-pack.. yet a woman like Cheyenne Jewel could have folded me in half and sat on me like she was swatting away a gnat. And I have little doubt she'd have had any trouble with two of me, at that age. I was just... small. And weak. I'd do the bench press three times a week and I couldn't break 135. (But, hey, that was 104% of my body weight, so that's not pathetic, right? ...right?)

But no one was exactly recruiting me to be in a video like that. In fact, if I wanted to be in one, I'd probably have to pay for the privilege.

This industry is just not used to scouting for men who fit a certain mold and convincing them (and paying them well) to be in a video like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to EricRRobert For This Useful Post: