Old 24-Sep-18, 04:18
Points: 11,342, Level: 46 Points: 11,342, Level: 46 Points: 11,342, Level: 46
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,956 Times in 239 Posts
Default Re: Judell DuLong

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlaserfan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
By the way, often I see references to "videos" of Judell's matches. To clarify, when Judell started in 1975 she would release most of her matches on both photo sets (I was one of the people who bought the photo sets) and on silent Super 8 films. In the fall of 1981 she released her first video, with sound, of Cindy Brooks vs Nancy Skarvan (Their second match). Even then, most of her matches were still released on Super 8 and photo sets, although I think she increased the proportion that were done on video. And back then, by "video" I mean Beta and VHS, there were not DVD's back then. When she moved to Montana in 1985, by that time, she did exclusively video releases and no more Super 8 or photo sets. Some of the "videos" that people talk about on this site, are DVD's of Super 8 transfers.
You are, of course, quite right, but I, and I suspect most other contributors to this thread, use the term "video" fairly loosely to mean all, or any, of Super 8, video, or DVD.

As for Judell, she actually had her first match, or at least the first one she referred to, on 29th August 1973 against Sue Lynn Brundage. There were no photos or film of it released and it was never included in the official lists of The Amazon. She then had 4 matches for which she released photo sets I n 1974, including her match against Linda Schultz, which was the first one which she released on Super 8 film. Although that match was released as item 5, the match actually took place before the matches for which photo sets were released as Items 2, 3 and 4, as shown on her attached record.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Judell Results.pdf (40.7 KB, 67 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian270446 For This Useful Post: