View Single Post
Old 31-Jan-18, 00:50
Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,750 Times in 1,917 Posts
Default Re: Ronda Rousey: Official Discussion Thread

So Ronda came to the ring at WWE's Royal Rumble this past Sunday.

Not sure how it went down with WWE fans but it seems like it was a bit of a damp squib to me.

*Ronda looked very bland. Not physically impressive like female superstars from the past such as Chyna or even Teri Poch, Victoria or Beth Phoenix. No attempt to glam her up either wearing jeans and Roddy Piper-eque shirt and jacket. Copying is lame. You'd think they'd come up with her own style/look. Dwarfed by Charlotte Flair.

*Same Joan Jet music from MMA. Not really impactful in pro-wrestling. Think of the iconic themes of Stone Cold, The Ultimate Warrior, Goldberg, Lesnar... Heck even Sable.

*Crap commentary. Bad timing and delivery. Just sounded dull throughout the segment.

*Didn't say anything. Didn't engage fans. Had a cheesy "I'm just happy to be here" grin on her face all the time. No real intensity or intent.

THIS is how they used to debut a big star.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Sorry but for me it has all the hallmarks of a career in steep decline.

Then there is THIS. Ronda finally gets asked, in an ESPN sit down interview, about her fall from grace in the UFC and clams up. Very awkward.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post: