View Single Post
Old 05-Jul-16, 04:32
Points: 4,582, Level: 28 Points: 4,582, Level: 28 Points: 4,582, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Club Q session questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugos0910 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
How's Coco's striking game? Did you have to pay any separate fees like renting a ring, etc?
I didn't have to pay any separate fees. Coco's striking game at the time was better than her grappling. I can't really speak for her technique since I've only ever done grappling, but it looked solid and she hits extremely hard. I've taken shots to the upper thigh from friends of mine who train, and she lacks nothing in that department. I got the impression she started with that and added in BJJ later. She was just as interested in talking about old K1 as she was MMA and her favorite fighter to watch was Mark Hunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcginty [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
WOW you sessioned with coco? Can you tell us more about it? What were her scissors and her BJJ skills like? What move did she KO you in? What did she wear during the session?

Even tho she looks brutal in the videos, Coco seems like an awesome person by driving you to and from the clubq and dropping you off at the station personally. It would be a SIN not to see her whilst I'm alive lol.

What car does she drive lol?
Her scissors were strong. At one point she had me on my back in a reverse headscissor with my wrists pinned down, it was impossible. I have some training and I'm decent with escapes (for armbars, omoplatas, and the like) but I couldn't get out of any of her scissors once they were "locked in."

As far as her BJJ goes (in early 2013! She has been training a lot since then...) I would say she was at the level of a very experienced white belt off her back, with a better top game. I'd imagine she's at least a very solid blue belt by now, maybe better. I haven't had many training partners at that weight to compare her to.

She really likes going for sweeps, but I kept a good base so she ended up using her guard game a lot; we worked out a kind of semi-competitive style where I could attempt to use my wrestling to to take her down, try and pass her guard, and escape some submissions. I didn't put her in anything except for when she asked me to try and knock her out.

Some of the chokes she used to KO me were...
  1. rear-naked choke
  2. reverse headscissor
  3. triangle
  4. top-triangle
  5. frontal headscissor
  6. figure four (this one was unbelievable...)
  7. arm triangle
  8. some type of no-gi cross choke from mount after a sweep
As far as attire, she wore a 2-piece swimsuit/bikini for most of it, but she asked me what I wanted her to wear. Because she was already on the way to BJJ practice when I managed to get a hold of her, she suggested her wearing the gi as a possibility! I didn't see her car because it was just a short walk. I didn't know the way to the pick-up area, as the actual address isn't given out.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rsmith02 For This Useful Post: