View Single Post
Old 07-Jan-12, 10:02
Points: 12,480, Level: 48 Points: 12,480, Level: 48 Points: 12,480, Level: 48
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Are girls getting stronger?

Just reading this thread which I started a while ago and it's interesting to read some of the stories and views. One thing I notice though, with this and other forum on the subject is that there seems to be a deep seated reluctance - even amongst the more open minded, to accept that women can be stronger than men. It seems some people will conceed that females can beat males in physical contests, but they almost always want to put it down to technique and flexibility rather than strength. When it comes down to it, many are just not able to conceed that last bastion of male dominance.

I agree that good technique is vital and that females have natural advantages in their body geometry and flexibility. But I also think that physical strength, stamina and endurance have a lot to do with it as well. To try and deny this is mean spirited at best. Females have far greater physical strength than we like to think, and not just in the lower body. Most guys (if their honest) will admit to being surprised by an experience of female physical strength at some point in their lives. I think it's time we all started to feel a bit less threatened and give the girls full credit for what they are achieveing - instead of trying to protect our fragile male egos...
The Following User Says Thank You to Pupstar For This Useful Post: