View Single Post
Old 04-Aug-16, 21:35
Points: 5,982, Level: 32 Points: 5,982, Level: 32 Points: 5,982, Level: 32
Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3%
Last Achievements

Default Re: "IFFIE" Scenes in Movies or TV

Hmm. I didn't think the topic had met with all that much interest, so I more or less closed it out. I like to think I'm aware that server-space for forums like this one isn't cheap, so I try not to keep anything going if there's not much direct response. I don't know if a lot of people reading the post means that there's that much interest. I read a lot of stuff on a lot of forums out of initial curiosity, but if I don't happen to find the topic that interesting, then my lack of interest is reflected by my not commenting.

By chance I am playing around with creating a master-list to specify things like titles of episodic TV shows. I'll never do stuff like chart where a scene occurs in a movie, though, as I've seen some posters do. It's just not my thing. Probably not going to get around to clips, either, though people who have more proficiency in clip-posting are certainly free to jump in.

D, M, and S stand for the three basic types of incestuous or incest-like situations possible with human beings: daughter, mother, and sister. I call them "D-types" and so on because sometimes you're dealing with relationships that are approximate to the main types.

For instance, the brief situation in the movie "The Pit" is between a male kid and his female cousin. They're more or less the same age, so I read that as a sibling-like situation.

On the other hand, it gets a little complicated when two cousins have a significant age-gap. In the 1960s Superman comics, he's at least ten years older than his cousin Supergirl, and whether they get into a fight with each other or have some sort of quasi-sexual encounter, that carries more of a "daughter-father" vibe, at least in my perverted mind.

An actual genetic relationship isn't strictly necessary. Under the M-type I alluded to the old series THE RIFLEMAN, for one episode, "the Sidewinder," circa 1959. In it a young punk of maybe 15 gives the more mature Patricia Blair some sass, and she slaps the hell out of him. She's not his mother, even an adoptive one, but she's significantly older than he is, so I think of her character as an "M-type."
The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Dune For This Useful Post: