View Single Post
Old 06-Jan-13, 13:00
Points: 7,255, Level: 36 Points: 7,255, Level: 36 Points: 7,255, Level: 36
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,234 Times in 194 Posts
Default Re: small women defeating BIG MEN

To dj200 - Thanks! I'm glad you like my artwork. Yes, regretfully, I haven't added any new art to my website in quite some time. Problem is finding the time and inspiration. I'm not a natural artist, and its certainly not what I do for a living. I produce art because there is so little material out there that I really like. But I do have a lot of ideas, and hopefully, I'll start up again in due time.

And, burtoniriccardo, thanks for posting the two videos in the video forum for me. I've seen the Claudia Cardinale movie many years ago, but I wasn't aware it was available on youtube. I had never seen the Jane Birkin film before. Pretty amazing clip! And, yes I've also enjoyed some of the kickasskandy videos, especially the ones with Mata Hari.

I completely agree with the points luvemstrong and burtoniriccardo made about "realism" as it relates to small women defeating big men. ALL of this is fantasy, after all. What separates us from most other mixed-fighting enthusiasts are differences in tastes, not what we objectively think is realistic. In the real world, I know Nina Dobrev can't actually defeat Kimbo Slice. But if we're talking fantasy - at least MY fantasy - Nina would mop the floor with TEN Kimbo Slices and make it look like a stroll in the park! Arguing that some alternative fantasy is somehow better is rather silly.

I began this thread as a kind of lament on the lack of small-women vs big-man matchups in mixed-fighting videos. Part of the problem for those of us who have a passion for these kinds of fights, I suppose, is that there are so few of us. We're a minority within a minority.

But part of the problem also is just the general laziness that goes into most videos in the genre overall. In most mixed fighting videos I've seen, the general rule seems to be "any guy will do" and what you wind up with is some out-of-shape shlub who just lays there. For those of us who want to see a large, muscular man destroyed by a much smaller woman, the male - his physique, attitude, and bearing - are absolutely critical. In fact, I suspect to produce videos to satisfy MY tastes, at least, it would be much more difficult to find a large, powerfully-built man who would be willing and capable of playing the role than it would be to find some slender girl who would probably jump at the chance to work over some big, muscle-bound stud. And to make the final result look good would also require a fair amount of planning and staging as well as a few tricks of the movie trade like editing and sound effects and even fast-motion capture. I suspect most producers would not be willing or even capable of doing the required work.

But, when it comes to the quality of mixed-fighting videos, I suppose that even fans who don't particularly like the small-woman vs big-man genre would have many of the same complaints...

Done venting, for now.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gandalfi For This Useful Post: