View Single Post
Old 17-Sep-18, 09:02
Points: 15,787, Level: 54 Points: 15,787, Level: 54 Points: 15,787, Level: 54
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Dominatrix Re: My idea for better TV/movie fight scenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Then you're basically talking about Hollywood pre 1990s The Matrix. I agree for the most part. Give me less cutaways, CGI, sped up footage, and boring outfits. The fights from the earlier days were better in those ways, albeit a bit corny at times, but I'll take Cynthia Rothrock choreographed ass kicking scenes over today's Hollywood production any day. Ask yourself a question, other than possibly Atomic Blonde, when is the last time Hollywood has produced a movie centered around a SERIOUS female action heroine? Usually the woman is a side character or her character is treated tongue and cheek. If I was producing a movie I would love to remake "Billy Jack" but with a female lead obviously. She would be a straight up martial arts BAD ASS. I would especially love to remake the famous right foot kick "wop" scene to Posner's face. I would right the wrongs and missed opportunities that shows like Charlies Angels made. No punches pulled. Let the lead woman, be a WOMAN, be sexy, AND kick major ass, in a believable but entertaining way. Build a back story about her that the audience can find compelling. I mean really, they've done it with male characters numerous times. Treat the female character with no less dignity or seriousness. That's what I want, an entire movie, not just cherry picked fight scenes. Give me a movie with a female lead that is worth watching from start to finish. Haywire came close, but Hollywood could do better.
So, what about this scene from the Bollywood movie 'Girlfriends (2004)'?

What about my other post - #23. Or some of the [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] (i.e.: Rochelle Cassidy, Marissa Mayhem, Eva Montana, Zoë Hammar, Carmen Porta, Yenny Pelanco, Alchemy, and so on)?

Last edited by Naji; 20-Sep-18 at 12:41.