Thread: Judell DuLong
View Single Post
Old 08-Aug-18, 23:44
Points: 4,704, Level: 29 Points: 4,704, Level: 29 Points: 4,704, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Judell DuLong

The German Doctor was a dentist and he was called Dr. Zschiegner, from Berlin. As far as I know he started in the 1930s (there are films in evidence) and continued after the war in the late 1940s, which was his peak production period. As he was situated in East Berlin, he had to stop in the mid 1950s when the communists took over East Berlin.

AmaPar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsimmons [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I’m Facebook friends with Nancy. She lives in Montana. Still an attractive albeit older woman. Very political.

Added after 8 minutes:

I do think Judell was THE pioneer, but there were companies filming decently competitive female wrestling movies dating back decades. There was a German doctor who started making films in the 20s, possibly during the Weimar Republic. Irving Klaw was producing catfights in the 50s, possibly 40s. Then Peerless came along in the late 50s/early 60s in NY followed by Dvorkin, who opened California Supreme in the early to mid 60s. Milco started up around ‘69 or ‘70 then Judell and Triumph/Sundance and Joan Wise all got off the ground around the same time in the early to mid 70s. Obviously Burke was on the scene. In fact, Judell did her first filmed match for Millie, a mixed bout she won.