View Single Post
Old 02-Aug-17, 01:03
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,066 Posts
Default 145s conversation

I know Cyborg already has her own thread here, but I'm a rebel. I think she's honestly doing her best to clean up her image: training hard to stay in shape, taking interviews and saying all the right things, and being an all-around good ambassador for her sport whenever the opportunity presents itself.

But 2 things will never go her way:

1) there is a segment of the sport that will never forgive the positive test

2) she'll never be a looker

At this point in her career, I'm not convinced she can develop a more polished style. I believe she's tough as nails and hits hard as hell, but I don't think she's invincible. I'd be very surprised if she went on a 2-1/2 year run with multiple defenses and no losses.

MAJOR credit to Evinger for taking this fight on short notice. She was in poor condition, but I think she earned a lot of respect by taking Cyborg into the 3rd round.

Outside of Cyborg and Evinger (and maybe Holm?), I don't know who the 145s are, but you really need 10-12 of them at about the same level to make things interesting. For now, I'm not buying any of their fights based on what we have seen from that division so far, because Holm isn't going to give us any trash talk at all.

How far are we away from having something to talk about here?