Thread: Vintage Judo
View Single Post
Old 18-Mar-17, 15:11
Points: 13,581, Level: 50 Points: 13,581, Level: 50 Points: 13,581, Level: 50
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Vintage Judo

I remember reading Penny Banners book and that is how she got her start wrestling was a scout saw her in a judo class and he made his wrestling pitch to her.

Added after 18 minutes:

Also I remember going to a sports show back in the early 70's when I was like 14 or so. A judo club had a booth and a raised stage with some mats on it. The club had some members on the stage doing some of their judo moves in their his gis. Two were girls that seemed a little older than me, like 17 or so. Anyway the two girls were going at it tossing each other and doing a little grappling on the mat. Being The little pervert that I was, I worked my way to the Front right next to the stage. At that point I was like three feet from the girls. They were average looking young women but had very athletic bodies. I was but had very athletic bodies in love at point. I don't remember how long I stoodstoo stood next to the stage, but it seemed like a long long time. I remember one of the girls kept making eye contact with me . Looking back at it she probably thought I was some type of nut just standing there staring at these two young women . But I couldn't help it I had never seen anything like this before in my life and was totally hypnotized by them. After awhile my dad tracked me down and dragged me off to see some other exhibit. i will always remember that sports show and the girls from the judo club. That was the first time I had seen anything like that and I was hooked.

Last edited by AKgrappler; 18-Mar-17 at 15:11.
The Following User Says Thank You to AKgrappler For This Useful Post: