View Single Post
Old 06-Jan-17, 10:02
Points: 563,346, Level: 100 Points: 563,346, Level: 100 Points: 563,346, Level: 100
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 47,590 Times in 2,517 Posts
Default Re: Do we need a separate subforum for women's MMA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
But is it really "cannablizing" the main forum? Are the threads really going "someplace else" or just being moved to a different place of the same page? Would it really disrupt things, to any great extent?
But by the same thinking, do the MMA threads disrupt anything to any significant degree now? We're talking about a few clearly labelled threads on a discussion board where the discussion purports to be about "Wrestling and Fighting". It just seems weird to me that that might now actually mean "Wrestling and Fighting, although not all wrestling and fighting because although women's MMA is by its very definition a wrestling and fighting sport it isn't the specific wrestling and fighting that can be discussed on this wrestling and fighting discussion board"

Which isn't quite as catchy.

I guess my feelings are that if you start segregating specific (and on-topic) subjects of discussion to separate forums, it might discourage further discussions on the general board about anything that isn't directly related to sessions or mixed wrestling fantasies. And it was only recently in another thread that Zweig was lamenting a lack of discussion on that board...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
This is a concern of mine as well. While there is a fair amount of activity, it could certainly be better. I think Videos, Pictures and especially Stories section are doing well. The discussion section - not so much.