Thread: Sgpin sculpture
View Single Post
Old 23-Dec-16, 17:02
Points: 53,122, Level: 100 Points: 53,122, Level: 100 Points: 53,122, Level: 100
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,279 Times in 508 Posts
Default Re: Sgpin sculpture

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingguy21 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That's awesome! Dunno if the girlfriend would appreciate it lol

I'll admit, I've wondered how a 3D printer could handle printing out a pinning thing hehe
I wondered the same thing - 3D print. It's not a schoolgirl pin, but my favorite crossbody pin printed 3D.

I've had a printer for a couple of years and tried to print my Daz 3D stuff with little success. This topic renewed my interest. In doing some research I found there was a hardware upgrade to my printer. Bought it, installed it and came up with this:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register][Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register][Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

This was my first print with the new hardware and it came out better than expected. The hair on Denise is a little messed up, but the rest of the build looks really good. I used a metalicized plastic so it has the look, feel and weight of a clay sculpture.

I'm currently experimenting with the matchbook pin on a 3D print:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Thank you Wrestlingguy21 and Zwieg for renewing my interest in 3D printing!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to calwrest For This Useful Post: