Old 09-Aug-18, 00:24
Points: 11,342, Level: 46 Points: 11,342, Level: 46 Points: 11,342, Level: 46
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,956 Times in 239 Posts
Default Re: Judell DuLong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian270446
Well AK, here is a bit more info about The Amazon in California for you to ponder. If you have a look at the attached table it gives the number of matches some of the girls had in each of 1977 and 1978, and compares that with the number that were released. Lets take 1977 and examine it in a bit more detail. We know that some of the girls on that list had matches against girls that are not on the list (eg: Nancy had matches against Margo Gowan and Penny Ryan in 1977). However, lets assume that most of the matches that any girl on that list had were against other girls on that list, then that would give approx. 150 matches (297/2) in the year. By comparison there were about 20 matches released (37/2 + a few against girls not on the list).

Unfortunately I only have that level of detail for those 2 years, but next time I communicate with Jacqy I may ask if she has it for other years.

In addition to that 150 matches there would no doubt have been a lot of matches involving girls who just wrestled for fun and did not want to have their matches filmed. As I mentioned in a previous post, Brandy Hawke once said to me that only about 10% of the girls who wrestled at her establishment were prepared to appear on film. I have no doubt it was similar at The Amazon. Of course even of those 150 odd matches involving girls that were prepared to appear on film many of them were not filmed, and some that were may have turned out to be more one sided than Judell had expected so the film was not released.

Of course even if most of those 150 had been filmed and released we would, as you said, been too broke to buy all of them. I suspect that Jack Snr., as the marketing arm of the organisation, had a good handle on how much material the market would bear and made sure they did not flood it.

Man, that's serious stuff. Good work, guy
Glad you enjoyed it.