View Single Post
Old 08-Jan-18, 23:46
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts
Default Re: What can i do, if i can't afford to book a session

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwfan53 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Here again, you didn`t seem to mention a location, but you could keep you eyes open for advance notice of one of the wrestling parties that get held in different locations. You probably need to go over and hangout at fetlife.com and sit on the right groups to find out. You definitely have the NYC based one's as an option and maybe something in New Jersey.
I agree with this. But regular, good grappling parties are few and far between. I've attended those in DC/Baltimore/Frederick, MD area, and they were great, but they haven't been active in a while. The NYC ones are more regular.

Toronto and Madison, Wisconsin have them too. Not sure about other areas. They are hard to sustain for various reasons (hard to find venue, liability issues, 'creepiness' factor...)

Added after 6 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazanaVest12 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Depends on how bad your financial situation is. I've been in this situation in the past where I didn't have a job, or much finances. Session wrestling was too expensive at the time. Thought of asking female acquaintances of putting me in holds, but was too afraid to really do it in fear of being labeled a weirdo. Because I was attracted to them as well, it made me even more nervous. Looking back, I would have done things different and am confident I could have found some way to convince them to do it. Without paying the going $300 for session wrestling.

Anyway, you have a few options in my viewpoint.

1. Could put up an ad for places like craigslist or w/e. Say that for one hour, you'll pay them $100-$200 to purely wrestle or put wrestling holds on you. nothing more. Where it happens is a different story. could probably get a cheap room, or cheap place at a hotel. if you live with parents, would certainly be hard. if you live by yourself or something, then it wouldn't be too difficult. For safety reasons, you might be able to first meet at a public place just to help get rid of any fear that they may initially have of you.

2. Could convince a friend or acquaintance of wrestling you or putting moves on you. Offering something in return may help the best .Can convince them with either money, or offering to do their homework or a paper they owe.

If you ask a random girl or even an acquaintance "wanna wrestle me for an hour", you'll probably going to get weird ass looks or an awkward response. But offering something that may benefit them, may decrease the weirdness or motivate them to do it.

that's all i got for now. someone may have better advice

Also, @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

any chance you could move this to the main section for wrestling discussion? I think this is an interesting thread, and can help other people whom can't afford to do regular sessions
good advice. however, it's worth noting that:

1) Asking a female friend to wrestle you can be really delicate. May harm or ruin the friendship, or may lead to tons of other ladies thinking you're a creep. Tread lightly there.

2) Even if you end up getting either "free" wrestling or a cheaper "session" for $100-200, I'd wager many session wrestlers would give you a better experience. Someone like Robin or Tyler Dare (who I've both sessioned with) will be knowledgeable about holds, attractive, won't hurt you (unless you ask for it), won't be creeped out by most normal requests (within reason), will have good stamina, and will make you feel comfortable. Most untrained ladies who don't do this for a living won't be able to do all of those things.

The closest I've personally gotten to something like the session "experience" was with a few women at grappling parties. But it was still different; remember that in a session, you're the client, and they know there's a bit of a sexual element to it, and they will play off of that. These ladies aren't dumb. They may not get you off, explicitly, but they won't be weirded out by a boner. No guarantees when talking about wrestling a friend, jiu-jitsu class, etc.

Last edited by schatten_PhD; 08-Jan-18 at 23:46.
The Following User Says Thank You to schatten_PhD For This Useful Post: