Thread: Some questions
View Single Post
Old 10-Aug-18, 22:11
Points: 53,090, Level: 100 Points: 53,090, Level: 100 Points: 53,090, Level: 100
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 4,424 Times in 452 Posts
Default Re: Some questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincopallo [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
We can add to your point 1 regarding basic instinct something more. If I remember right, the house of the first scene is the victim's house. Which is very well looking, a house of a rich, sophisticated man. So the woman is very powerful, also from a social point of view: she hangs out with famous, rich people. She fucks them for pleasure, so she uses them. She's on a superior level. she's not a groupie wanna be like girl that can lure men only with her body, we discover later she's on a completely pair social level with the rich victim, because she's a rich and successful, very sophisticated woman.Who also had success in her life using her brain and her culture. Even if she has a beautiful body. A writer is not known to the public for her look. So she's very intellectual and extremely intelligent. Possibly also very picky about the social position of his victim. A genitor or a pizza delivery boy could not be enough for her, even to slaughter.
I totally agree with your point on Catherine Tramell. She is extremely intelligent, well educated and wealthy woman that preys upon males of equal stature. Intelligence and cunning are very important traits for a Femme Fatale charater to have. It
makes her much more alluring as the danger is part of the temptation to me.

I would like to elaborate on question number 8 from the previous post. A prolonged death of the male is important to me in these stories because I view it as a sort of lesson in female supremacy before he is vanquished. In Basic Instinct, the death of Johnny Boz in he opening scene is highly erotic to me because the male is forced to realize in his final moments that he has been bested by a superior female.
A quick death would not allow for this element in the story.