View Single Post
Old 21-Aug-12, 23:31
Adonis

Talking Late-20s Med Student Pinned by Teenage Girl in Open Tournament- Twice.

At a maine open tournament in 2005, medical student Greg Mattingly (age mid or late twenties) weighs in at 125lbs and is matched up against a high school girl named Amanda Simoneau (age seventeen) who weighs in at 116lbs. A [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] of it- pictures are below as well for proof!

I saw the match between Greg Mattingly and Amanda Simoneau. I've seen Greg wrestle at other open tourneys in Maine and he usually does pretty good. I saw him pin a girl at the Scarborough tourney last year in the 125 lb weight class. Well to clue you all in on the match: Greg basically took control early and was throwing her around like a rag doll. She was a lot shorter and lighter. He almost turned her for the pin in the first period, but she was so flexible, she was able to belly down. In the start of the 2nd period, he chose up position and he was leading 4-0. When the whistle blew Amanda tried sitting out then kind of spun around and hooked Greg's left leg at the knee joint. She pulled hard on that knee and Greg fell on his left side while he was trying to cradle her...but she kept leaning into him and pulling up on his knee, well, before ya knew it, she kind of took her leg and kicked it back and made Greg lose grip of the attempted cradle..and suddenly he found himself on his butt with his legs outstretched and she was sprawled across him. She v-legged and put pressure down on him so he couldn't turn. He basically panicked and she never let go of his knee. She simply hooked his head and ran the cradle to perfection. Once she trapped him in that he was pretty much caught. She had the cradle in tight because she's so little. But Greg was a respectable wrestler who had much more muscle than Amanda. It was a good win for her against a more experienced, elder wrestler. Way to go Amanda! I cheered for you that day! I think it's great you wrestled both high school and open divisions and I salute Maine wrestling for supporting high school kids to wrestle in both divisions as well.
I have a feeling Greg will back at Scarborough's tourney next year, looking for a rematch against Simoneau...lol.

Funny fact 1- there used to be [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] but they have been deleted- makes you wonder if Mr Mattingly emailed wrestlegirl to take them down. Wouldnt matter anyways because about one year later he was [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] (age 19).

Funny fact 2- Amber Wing used the third photograph from the top in that set as her myspace profile image back in 2006. I guess she was feelin pretty good about her big win- Mr Mattingly probably not so much.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: