Thread: Judell DuLong
View Single Post
Old 23-Sep-18, 16:33
Points: 3,908, Level: 26 Points: 3,908, Level: 26 Points: 3,908, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Judell DuLong

I don't know who her opponent was, but I can give you some background on it. At one point, Judell and her husband Jack wanted to produce a movie that would have realistic female fight scenes. I think they even had a script, or at least the outlines for a script. Anyway, they filmed some matches, outdoors, in which the women would engage in a fight, or at least a simulated fight, as kind of a preview of what the scene might look like. The "match" with Cindy Brooks in blue jeans was one of those matches, there might have been others. I could be wrong, but I think Judell sold Super 8 movies of one or more of those matches. But I don't know who her opponent was, and I'm not sure if Judell even stated that, I don't think that she was a regular at the Amazon.

To head off any questions, let me make it clear that no movie was actually made or even cast. I'm not even sure that a complete script was every written, although maybe there was a summary of an anticipated script. But so far as I know, that's about as far as it went.

By the way, often I see references to "videos" of Judell's matches. To clarify, when Judell started in 1975 she would release most of her matches on both photo sets (I was one of the people who bought the photo sets) and on silent Super 8 films. In the fall of 1981 she released her first video, with sound, of Cindy Brooks vs Nancy Skarvan (Their second match). Even then, most of her matches were still released on Super 8 and photo sets, although I think she increased the proportion that were done on video. And back then, by "video" I mean Beta and VHS, there were not DVD's back then. When she moved to Montana in 1985, by that time, she did exclusively video releases and no more Super 8 or photo sets. Some of the "videos" that people talk about on this site, are DVD's of Super 8 transfers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3dlaserfan For This Useful Post: