Thread: Hardie stories
View Single Post
Old 02-Feb-14, 06:52
Points: 5,080, Level: 30 Points: 5,080, Level: 30 Points: 5,080, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: hardie stories

Man, I hadn't read Hardie's stories in a while. and Well, what I have to say is something I want to state for some time. It's my personal opinion.

While I enjoy some of the stories, such as the the Matches, I dislike the Homian, Games, and Feblib stories. It not that they are badly written, but as a amathur military historian, some of the event that happen in this stories make no sense.

Rather than using traditional amazon (large, tall women,) Hardie using lithe, slender females. Now I know that many people enjoy this type of situration, and it Ok for me personally in a one to one situration, where various "factors" can come to play, but in "army" situration? Come' on!

It also make the the Homians and other male oppenent look like idiots. No army, fantasical or not, would depend on the indivisdual strength of it warrior soley. Forces, that did do that, such as the Celts and Germans, had a crazy habit of bringing their womenfolk around in teh battle feild.

I could go on and on, but I made my point. I just don't like them. I had to invent a little story of amazons just to make me feel better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragoness' wrestling fan For This Useful Post: