Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 09-Feb-17, 00:44
Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: WMMA news / general discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I guess he is, as it's hard to imagine that big a mix up. I'd say what he did wrong is not specifying that in an article about WMMA. A writer never wants to confuse his or her readers.
Yes, plus the flyweight division was a long time ago, and I don't know how many remember that tournament. I sure don't. All I know is that DJ is like the permanent champion.

I'm confused; wasn't the straws created by tournament as well, at Ultimate Fighter? Carla Esparza won to be first champ.
Old 09-Feb-17, 00:50
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,194 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated G [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes, plus the flyweight division was a long time ago, and I don't know how many remember that tournament. I sure don't. All I know is that DJ is like the permanent champion.

I'm confused; wasn't the straws created by tournament as well, at Ultimate Fighter? Carla Esparza won to be first champ.
Yes, that's partly what led to my confusion.
Old 09-Feb-17, 02:14
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

UFC 208's Germaine de Randamie: I knocked out a guy who had 40 pounds on me – I have the credentials
By: Steven Marrocco and John Morgan | February 8, 2017 7:45 pm

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – Germaine de Randamie said people who question whether she deserves a shot at the inaugural UFC women’s featherweight title don’t know their history.

“A lot of people don’t know my credentials in kickboxing,” de Randamie (6-3 MMA, 3-1 UFC) told MMAjunkie in advance of her title bout opposite former bantamweight champ Holly Holm (10-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC) at UFC 208. “I’ve fought the best, the top of the top, the best female fighters in the world – in three weight divisions. I fought a man who had 40 pounds over me, and I knocked him out.”

Footage of that curious and barely sanctionable fight can be seen here:
Germaine de Randamie vs Tom Waes Part 3
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

De Randamie transitioned from kickboxing to MMA in 2008, then signed with Strikeforce after it was acquired by former UFC parent Zuffa, LLC. When the promotion was shuttered, she moved to the octagon.

Only once has de Randamie fallen short in the UFC, suffering a stoppage loss four years ago against current bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes. And she doesn’t plan for that to happen again.

“If we talk about credentials, I think I’m right where I want to be,” de Randamie said. “After Saturday, nobody will ever forget me again.”

video of interview here:
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Feb-17, 12:51
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Germaine de Randamie vs Tom Waes Part 3
Wow, he was swinging hard. What a badass woman. I know the guy has little to no training (he is an actor), but he looked fit and fast, and was swinging better than most people.
Germaine talks tough. A bit prematurely, as far as MMA is concerned. But maybe she will walk the walk.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 10-Feb-17, 00:05
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

You won't find a much better Holm/DeRandamie fight breakdown than this:

The Following User Says Thank You to brooksie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Feb-17, 06:21
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You won't find a much better Holm/DeRandamie fight breakdown than this:

That WAS a good breakdown. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that their pre-fight analysis will end up being more interesting than the fight itself.

I don't know how much anyone else here cares about the science - and arts! - of fighting, but even if you're just a casual student of the fight game, Dan Hardy imparts a tremendous amount of knowledge throughout the broadcast. Fast-forward to the 9-minute mark. It's well worth the listen, IMO, and it's possible you may pick up some cues on what to look for from various women in future fights.
Old 11-Feb-17, 12:19
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Feb-17, 15:08
Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53
Last Achievements

Default Re: WMMA News

Quote:
Katlyn Chookagian vs. Irene Aldana added to UFC 210 in Buffalo.
So I was so excited to see a pay per view coming to Buffalo and was dead set on going. Not so sure now. I don't mind paying the outrageous price for the tickets but so far only five fights and only one female fight? I was hoping for a female title fight since the participants are set and just waiting for a date.
For probably the same amount I'd pay for tickets (if I'm going to do it I will do it right and be close to the cage) I can purchase airfare, hotel and one hell of a good seat to go to the Invicta card and see all female fight including Tonya Evinger. I'm leaning that way.
Old 11-Feb-17, 19:56
Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53
Last Achievements

I did the research. For airfare, two nights hotel and front row seat at Invicta show the total cost is $875. Plus I see all female fights and Tonya Evinger, who I love is in main event. For just a similar seat at Buffalo UFC event (only one female fight so far) the cost is $1,326.
What should I do?
Old 11-Feb-17, 21:37
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoswrap [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
So I was so excited to see a pay per view coming to Buffalo and was dead set on going. Not so sure now. I don't mind paying the outrageous price for the tickets but so far only five fights and only one female fight? I was hoping for a female title fight since the participants are set and just waiting for a date.
For probably the same amount I'd pay for tickets (if I'm going to do it I will do it right and be close to the cage) I can purchase airfare, hotel and one hell of a good seat to go to the Invicta card and see all female fight including Tonya Evinger. I'm leaning that way.
If you're a fan (as I am) of the women's side of the sport only, this isn't even a question. I've been to both and my advice is: go to an Invicta event, you will not regret it. Their cards are always good and the atmosphere is a lot more friendly and less "show-bizzy" than the UFC. You'll probably have the chance to meet some of the fighters. You'll have to fly to Kansas City but I think you'll find it worth it. If you're looking at the upcoming event in March, I think you're looking at a good one. The full card isn't finalized yet but there are, I believe, six fights with probably two more to be added. Invicta's been going with 8-fight cards lately, which is about two fights light, IMO but the tix are quite reasonable, as a certain person agrees:

tonya evinger ‏@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]aevinger 1h1 hour ago

Tix prices have gone down so I dnt wanna hear anyone say they cnt afford it this time..25/35/50

Added after 1 27 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoswrap [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I did the research. For airfare, two nights hotel and front row seat at Invicta show the total cost is $875. Plus I see all female fights and Tonya Evinger, who I love is in main event. For just a similar seat at Buffalo UFC event (only one female fight so far) the cost is $1,326.
What should I do?
Isn't it obvious?

Last edited by brooksie; 11-Feb-17 at 21:37.