Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Female Domination > Female Domination Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 11-May-17, 17:20
Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,259 Times in 314 Posts
Default Re: Dominant female aristocrats / women rulers defeating men rulers

Some women amazon warriors who fought against the French revolution for the Royalist aristocratic side in the Vendée war (1793).

A few women also fought among the Vendéens; the most famous one was Renée Bordereau. The army of Charette was known to have a few amazons in its ranks, including Céleste Bulkeley.

Céleste Bulkeley, Renée Bordereau and other amazons who fought against French revolutionaries for the Royalist cause

Céleste Bulkeley (1759–1832), was a French soldier in the Catholic and Royal Army during the war in the Vendée. She was one of at least six women known as the amazons in the army of François de Charette. She is particularly known, being included as a heroine in many school books during the 19th century.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

According to French Wiki site on her those six amazons were:

Marie Adélaïde La Touche Limouzinière, épouse de Pierre de La Rochefoucauld ;
Madame Céleste de Bulkeley ;
Madame Gouin du Fief ;
Madame de Montsorbier ;
Mademoiselle Suzanne Poictevin de La Rochette ;
Mademoiselle de Couëtus.

Renée Bordereau (born 1770 Soulaines-sur-Aubance - 1824), nicknamed The Angevin, was a French woman who disguised herself as a man and fought as a Royalist cavalier in the troops of Charles Melchior Artus de Bonchamps during the Vendéan insurrection against the French Revolution (in 1793).

She is reputed to have killed some twenty of the opposing revolutionary Bleues with her own hands. A unit led by her threw six hundred Republican soldiers from the heights of Roche-de-Mûrs in the commune of Mûrs-Erigné, south of the town of Angers, Pays de la Loire, into the Louet River below.

More: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Here is her story in more details:

Some excerpts:

She was also so zealous in her support of the Royalists and their cause that when one of her uncles joined the Republicans, she beheaded him. In another battle she was equally fierce, reputedly killing “four Bleues at St. Lambert with her own hands.”

Napoleon Bonaparte did not have such a high opinion of Langevin. He considered her extremely dangerous. In fact, he set a price of 40,000 francs on her head, which resulted in her arrest and imprisonment.
With Louis XVIII’s accession, Langevin became a Royalist hero, and, in September of 1816, she met the King. The event was mentioned by one newspaper who reported, “His Majesty received with his accustomed goodness this extraordinary female, who was covered with wounds, which she received fighting for the Throne and Altar.”

Attachments 1: Céleste Bulkeley, attachment 2: Renée Bordereau
Attached Images
File Type: png 110981567_o.png (1.68 MB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg 90164310_o.jpg (1.12 MB, 101 views)

Last edited by al89; 11-May-17 at 17:30.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to al89 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-May-17, 17:23
Banned
Points: 279, Level: 5 Points: 279, Level: 5 Points: 279, Level: 5

Totally love this....I am learning chess so watch this space lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Smother Vixens For This Useful Post:
Old 11-May-17, 17:38

On the subject of aristocratic women in French revolution there is also Charlotte de Corday who killed Jacobin revolutionary Marat.

In 1847, writer Alphonse de Lamartine gave Corday the posthumous nickname l'ange de l'assassinat (the Angel of Assassination).

Marat had played a substantial role in the political purge of the Girondins, with whom Corday sympathized. His murder was memorialized in the painting The Death of Marat by Jacques-Louis David, which shows Marat's dead body after Corday stabbed him in his medicinal bath.

From Wiki article:

Initially, she planned to assassinate Marat in front of the entire National Convention, intending to make an example out of him, but upon arriving in Paris she discovered that Marat no longer attended meetings because his health was deteriorating due to a skin disorder, dermatitis herpetiformis. She was then forced to change her plan. She went to Marat's home before noon on 13 July, claiming to have knowledge of a planned Girondist uprising in Caen; she was turned away by his wife, Simonne Evrard. On her return that evening, Marat admitted her. At the time, he conducted most of his affairs from a bathtub because of his skin condition. Marat wrote down the names of the Girondists that she gave to him, and she then pulled out the knife and plunged it into his chest. He called out, Aidez-moi, ma chère amie! ("Help me, my dear friend!") and died.

This is the moment memorialized by Jacques-Louis David's painting [attachment 1]. The iconic pose of Marat dead in his bath has been reviewed from a different angle in Baudry's posthumous painting of 1860 [attachment 2], both literally and interpretatively: Corday, rather than Marat, has been made the hero of the action.

Interesting how there are so many depictions of her assassination of Marat, it reminds me of the renaissance Power of Women theme.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jacques-Louis_David_-_Marat_assassinated_-_Google_Art_Project_2.jpg (83.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Charlotte_Corday.jpg (63.8 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by al89; 11-May-17 at 17:45.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to al89 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-May-17, 21:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smother Vixens [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Totally love this....I am learning chess so watch this space lol
Thank you. Do you plan to manipulate your way to being a dominant woman ruler?

Last edited by al89; 11-May-17 at 23:22.
Old 13-May-17, 01:50

This is a story I already posted in the thread about real historic stories about women defeating men in duels. A French aristocratic woman challenged some French officer to a duel ... and won.

Madame de Saint-Belmont defeats a French officer in a duel

In XVII century a French officer unauthorized took up residence in the house of beautiful countess Madame de Saint-Belmont who was a young widow that time. The countess sent him a polite note asking to explain his unexpected intrusion but it was ignored. Then the woman sent the challenge for a duel signing the letter "Chevalier de Saint Belmont". The officer accepted the challenge and at the appointed placed he met the lady who was carefully made up to look like a man. Being well trained in sword fencing the disguised beauty in minutes knocked his sword out by a harsh move, cast it aside by a leg and applied to the officer with the words which made him red: "You are mistaken if you think you have been fighting with the chevalier. I am madam Saint Belmont. I urge you to be more sensitive to women’s requests".

“When M. de St. Belmont, who defended a feeble fortress against the arms of Louis XIV., was taken prisoner, his wife, the Comtesse de St. Belmont, who was of a most heroic disposition, still remained upon the estates to take care of them. An officer of cavalry having taken up his quarters there without invitation, Madame de St. Belmont sent him a very civil letter of complaint on his ill behaviour, which he treated with contempt. Piqued at this, she resolved he should give her satisfaction, and sent him a challenge, which she signed “Le Chevalier de St. Belmont.” The officer accepted it, and repaired to the place appointed. Madame de St. Belmont met him, dressed in men’s clothes. They immediately drew their swords, and the heroine had the advantage of him; when, after disarming him, she said, with a gracious smile, “You thought, sir, I doubt not, that you were fighting with the Chevalier de St. Belmont; it is, however, Madame de St. Belmont, who returns you your sword, and begs you in future to pay more regard to the requests of ladies.” She then left him, covered with shame and confusion.”

It's such a great story as you'd expect that a male officer from the army would be able to handle some aristocratic lady in a duel but in the end she soundly defeated him and had him at her mercy. It must have been a really embarrassing defeat for him.

He was really lucky that she was so gracious in her victory and didn't punish and humiliate him further for his intrusion. She just politely urged him to be more sensitive to women’s requests in the future and acted like a real classy lady even though he was so rude to her. I'm pretty sure this officer learned his lesson and acted more submissive and respectful around aristocratic ladies from then on after that humiliating defeat he suffered.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to al89 For This Useful Post:
Old 13-May-17, 05:56
Banned
Points: 279, Level: 5 Points: 279, Level: 5 Points: 279, Level: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by al89 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thank you. Do you plan to manipulate your way to being a dominant woman ruler?
Ha! that would be a yes
The Following User Says Thank You to Smother Vixens For This Useful Post:
Old 18-May-17, 00:37
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by al89 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Some women amazon warriors who fought against the French revolution for the Royalist aristocratic side in the Vendée war (1793).
Thanks for the write-up, Al! Never knew about these women. Beautiful stuff! Will go do some reading.

Madame de Saint-Belmont is also someone about whom I'm hearing for the first time. Thanks for sharing!
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 18-May-17, 23:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Madame de Saint-Belmont is also someone about whom I'm hearing for the first time. Thanks for sharing!
I'm glad you liked the story about Madame de Saint-Belmont who challenged and defeated that French officer in a duel. This is what I like about aristocratic women from the past, they were eager to defend their honor. I think they had much stronger character than modern women while at the same time they dressed and acted very feminine like Madame de Saint-Belmont still acting like a polite lady to a rude man she defeated. People think that women were submissive back then because the society was "patriarchical" but I think that actually made those aristocratic women at the top even stronger to keep the men submissive to them in such environment. They had to be very cunning and dominant.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to al89 For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Jun-17, 18:12
Points: 6,806, Level: 35 Points: 6,806, Level: 35 Points: 6,806, Level: 35
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Queen Tomyris with the Head of Cyrus, by Severo Calzetta da Ravenna
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stranger For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jun-19, 07:05
Points: 3,341, Level: 24 Points: 3,341, Level: 24 Points: 3,341, Level: 24
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Are there any historical battles/wars in which a sister defeated her brother? I always loved that concept.