Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 23-Apr-17, 06:40
Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: WMMA news / general discussion

I was on the other side of the judges both fights tonight, having Dandois over Davis and Penne over the female bootleg John Dodson.
Old 23-Apr-17, 18:57
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Megan Anderson on twitter:

Old 23-Apr-17, 21:57
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,194 Times in 794 Posts

Japanese MMA...definitely a different beast:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Wow, this just came out and the Twitter response is beyond scathing. One person said it's an example of Japan's "pedo-culture" and wonders if she'll be wearing a schoolgirl uniform.

Added after 40 minutes:

Hope it's true but worth a reminder this website has a terrible reputation for jumping the gun and posting untrue things in an effort to be "first with the news". Of course they've been right sometimes but also wrong a lot of the time, too. However, in this case, it seems like there's a good chance it's true. There's been talk of a July matchup for quite some time and it looks like the July 29 card in Anaheim will feature the Cyborg/GDR fight. It's a bit clouded in mystery as there's been absolutely no word (like none, not even a rumour) about De Randamie's hand injury and when she'll have it operated on.

Last edited by brooksie; 23-Apr-17 at 22:09.
The Following User Says Thank You to brooksie For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Apr-17, 02:45
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Frank Pozen on the Davis-Dandois fight:

Though both are veteran fighters, Cindy is a UFC newcomer. Most fans have probably seen her in Invicta. A few years ago, Cindy had not planned to return to fighting post pregnancy. She is a high school teacher in Belgium and she has three kids. Who has time for fighting? But Miesha Tate convinced her to return. Cindy trained with Miesha at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas and Miesha was in her corner. Cindy's major flaw is terrible striking. For that reason alone, I don't believe she belongs in the UFC. Alexis is a former title contender in her second post pregnancy fight. The one thing is her striking is better than Cindy's. But that's not saying much. The fight was close but not very good. I didn't think Alexis was at her best and it makes me wonder if she'll ever be good again. Sometimes fighters aren't the same post pregnancy. But I thought she was marginally more effective. I don't think she can beat an elite fighter anymore. But the buzz on Twitter last night was how shockingly bad Cindy's striking really is. She's been a fighter for a long time. Her striking has always been bad. Of course the UFC magnifies that. I wasn't surprised because I've seen her in Invicta and in Europe. She needs to improve if she wants to get anywhere in the UFC. But Cindy is 32 years old and it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. I believe the UFC signed her for the Welterweight division as she has fought at 145 in the past. But I certainly don't want to see her sacrificed to Cris Cyborg. Again, I don't believe Cindy is a UFC caliber fighter.

Penne vs Taylor:

Of course Jessica is a former title contender on a two fight losing streak. She needs a win. She has a significant height and reach advantage over Danielle. Plus Danielle doesn't have any wrestling skills. So one would think Jessica would want to take Danielle down. Brian Stann compared Danielle to Tecia Torres. Danielle shows a lot of movement but she doesn't do anything. It's the kind of fighting style that fools judges. She seems busy by darting in and out. And she has no power. So she's a points fighter like Tecia. Jessica needed aggression to deal with that. She just didn't do it. There's no excuse for that. And that's what the fight was like, three rounds of light sparring where neither fighter did enough to win. I scored the fight 29-28 for Jessica but the judges scored it 29-28 for Danielle. It was a close fight but not a very good fight. It's a big win for Danielle. Look, this is how Danielle always fights. Being a points fighter is like playing with fire. Sometimes you get burned by a judges decision going the other way. That's what will happen to Danielle. Jessica knew Danielle's fighting style. She did nothing to counter it. What happens next with Jessica depends if her contract is over. I would not expect the UFC to renew it. She already works as a coordinator at Alliance in San Diego. I would not be surprised if she retired to do that. She needed a win and she didn't go out and take it. Maybe it's time to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Apr-17, 04:19
Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31
Last Achievements

Excellent summary. All 4 of these women should retire; three probably will but Danielle won't. She'll never get near a title though, and she's not exciting enough to get a new contract when her current one ends. Wasn't a great night for the ladies.
Old 24-Apr-17, 17:01
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Following the headkick, Mazo does this girly little run over to her fallen opponent. That's what slays me about WMMA, the juxtaposition of violence with femininity.
Huh? Mazo kicks her in the head, but is not 100% sure that she has knocked out her opponent. So, she moves quickly - yet cautiously - in preparation to land a barrage of hammer fists as the ref calls the fight.
Old 27-Apr-17, 21:55
Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32

Thanked 1,259 Times in 314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Wow, this just came out and the Twitter response is beyond scathing. One person said it's an example of Japan's "pedo-culture" and wonders if she'll be wearing a schoolgirl uniform.
There were fights like this before in Japan and in Muay Thai. I heard that even Valentina Shevchenko KOd some woman when she was only 12 or 13.

I'm definitely not defending such fights but at the end of the day if someone (male or female) starts training a sport like boxing or MMA (with punches involved) seriously already as a child he/she is going to be exposed to punches to the head one way or another. Even if you don't allow that person to fight officially he/she is still going to have de facto fights in the gym via sparring so the fundamental question here is basically whether you shoud allow your children or children in general to train combat sports with punches involved that young while the brains are still developing.

Logic and some protective instinct says no but on the other hand plenty of elite boxers for example started training very early and became very good because of that. Floyd Mayweather for example who started boxing as soon as he could walk. Some boxing prodigies and talents were dangerous fighters when they were in their early teens. Hell, there probably aren't many adults who would want to fight a 13 year old Mike Tyson.

So the question is ultimately whether you would want to sacrifice the health of a child to develop a potentially elite fighter and put him in serious sparring/fights early or keep him away from it until he grows up, risking that he will be at disadvantage against fighters who started earlier.

Personally I love boxing but when I'll have kids I'll definitely try to keep them away from it until they're around 20. The damage that can be inflicted in such sports to a brain that is still developing is a very real threat.
Old 28-Apr-17, 05:05
Points: 13,581, Level: 50 Points: 13,581, Level: 50 Points: 13,581, Level: 50
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

I am an Alexis Davis fan. But I do agree she isn't looking the same as she did a few years ago. Maybe it's age or maybe it's the baby. But she mite need to start thinking about moving on and her life - I do wish her the best of luck.
Old 28-Apr-17, 13:19
Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100
Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,748 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgrappler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I am an Alexis Davis fan. But I do agree she isn't looking the same as she did a few years ago. Maybe it's age or maybe it's the baby. But she mite need to start thinking about moving on and her life - I do wish her the best of luck.
It's to be expected, really. But a few points;
  • She did get the W.
  • She was competitive with McMann until McMann found the arm triangle.
  • She was never the most exciting fighter to begin with.
Old 28-Apr-17, 18:07
Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32

Thanked 1,259 Times in 314 Posts

Quote:

Here are the examples of such fights in Japan.

12 year old Karen DATE vs 41 year Yayoi Inoue:

12 year old Karen DATE vs 28 year old Ayumi Misaka:

13 year old Yukari Yamaguchi vs 32 year old Nana Chanchin:

In all of the three fights the little girls completely dominated their older opponents so there was nothing to worry about. It must be a bit humiliating for an adult female fighter to get beaten up like this by a little girl though.
The Following User Says Thank You to al89 For This Useful Post: