Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Session Reviews

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 09-Jun-16, 16:25
Points: 5,626, Level: 31 Points: 5,626, Level: 31 Points: 5,626, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Maggy (Atlanta) reviews

Had a session with Maggy from Atlanta recently. Initial communication and setup were good, though I totally blew it and scheduled for a time block that had me stuck in rush hour and I was a full hour late. She was pissed and we had some tense texting back and forth when she thought I was bailing, but she was perfectly pleasant in person once i arrived.

I agree with folks who have said she looks even better in person than in photos. She looks stronger in person than in the pics -- she's very short but has some real muscle on that frame.

I got the sense that her preferred session style is hard semi-comp bordering on competitive. I commented on that during the session and she essentially said yes it's more fun to win when the guy is really trying hard. She also volunteered that she likes to not use the same submission twice in a session, and I accordingly experienced a variety of holds including triangle, kimura, rnc, guillotine, omaplata, head scissors, and others.

Her technical grappling (bjj) skills are excellent as far as sessions go. She's tiny so if you're big and strong enough you might win a few but she's going to make you tap most of the falls.

Her general approach to sessions reminds me of Tommi and Mahea. If you like rolling with someone who is very technically skilled and who enjoys the sport aspect of sessions, then Maggy is a great choice.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to derekwilliams923 For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Apr-17, 22:40
Points: 6,813, Level: 35 Points: 6,813, Level: 35 Points: 6,813, Level: 35
Last Achievements

Default Re: Maggy (Atlanta) reviews

Maggy was up my direction earlier this year and I have have to second the review from derekwilliams923. Maggie is not very big, a little smaller than VeVe Lane or Maria Queen, but is a Rottweiler on the mats. Actually pretty darned close size wise. I was able to play defense against her with a major size advantage but I can see how against some smaller, you just might figuratively get "your face chewed off". I think she and Toned Tommi might be real close on size while Tommi is a bjj purple belt, Maggie is probably a multi-stripe white or a blue belt. Definitely fun to play with.
Old 30-Apr-17, 22:46
Points: 13,641, Level: 50 Points: 13,641, Level: 50 Points: 13,641, Level: 50
Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0%
Last Achievements

Maggy is about 4 inches shorter than VeVe and not nearly as strong or good technique wise. She probably has improved a lot since I saw her. She was good and strong but had a lot to learn, which sounds like she has from these reviews, IWe had a very cool session and she said she was looking to see me again, so she can beat me next time but she never responded in any of my emails afterwards, which is a shame.
Old 01-May-17, 00:47
Points: 6,813, Level: 35 Points: 6,813, Level: 35 Points: 6,813, Level: 35
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini3d [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Maggy is about 4 inches shorter than VeVe and not nearly as strong or good technique wise. She probably has improved a lot since I saw her. She was good and strong but had a lot to learn, which sounds like she has from these reviews, IWe had a very cool session and she said she was looking to see me again, so she can beat me next time but she never responded in any of my emails afterwards, which is a shame.
I think one of the common critics of Maggy is her lack of electronic communication skills. I dropped something off for her the day she got here and had no idea if she had arrived and gotten it until our session.

As far as skills, no she isn't anywhere near VeVe's level. But I bet it would be sort of interesting to watch her in class at her home dojo.
The Following User Says Thank You to nwfan53 For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Jul-17, 14:10
Points: 2,765, Level: 21 Points: 2,765, Level: 21 Points: 2,765, Level: 21
Last Achievements

I had a session with Maggie about a month ago and it was fantastic!! I guess it would fall between semi-competitive and competitive. I really liked that she played to my skill level, which is not very high. A couple of times she just overwhelmed me, but most of the time she let me struggle for a bit before putting a hold on that I couldn't get out of. I'm probably a foot taller than her and have about 80 pounds on her. I couldn't really do anything but defend, but it was pretty fun.

In person, she is very attractive and a sweetheart to talk to.

My one critique would be her communication. She sometimes takes a while to get back to you, but that didn't stop me from booking another session.
The Following User Says Thank You to FreezerBoi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Aug-17, 17:28
Points: 13,641, Level: 50 Points: 13,641, Level: 50 Points: 13,641, Level: 50
Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0%
Last Achievements

Maggy had a very cool personality and all. I don't know why I never get any responses form her, if it goes to her spam or she is booked, but yoCheck for spam in subject wrestling, it will take 5 minyutes if you have a lot of spam. Things that make you go hhhmmm.
Old 21-May-18, 11:25
Points: 11,099, Level: 45 Points: 11,099, Level: 45 Points: 11,099, Level: 45
Last Achievements

She's going to be here in New Mexico in June and I'm pretty psyched for the chance to have a session.

But dang! She won't answer my email. I see others have had that issue as well. I really hope we can work something out.
Old 09-Jun-18, 14:39
Last Achievements

So she answered with a quick hello and said she would call Julie Squeeze for a reference. There was something like a long form letter of her rules attached.

I followed up and she said Julie never called back. I emailed again to say try Liz Lightspeed. After that, radio silence and today is the day she is in my state.

Oh well, one of her rules is a three email limit. I guess a fourth email to secure a deposit would be a too much. I went over making more suggestions on who to call for a reference since she couldn't get in touch with Julie

That's too bad. I would gladly send in a deposit. Next time, I'll make sure I don't exceed my email limit.
The Following User Says Thank You to rennurliart For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Jun-18, 23:44
Last Achievements

A follow up to the entry above. ^^

So, last week I get an email that said "Hey, I'll be back in your state" and she was going to reward my persistence. I said I was interested and and proposed a time and place . . . and again got nothing.

And just when I was about to come on here and express my frustration on how difficult it is to set anything up with her, I get an email. Turns out her father was losing his battle with cancer. I'm so sorry.

She, understandably cancelled her sessions. She'll also make things right by extending her tour with make up dates.

So, if you had a difficult time getting in touch with her this past week, there is a good reason.