Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Closed Thread

Old 26-May-18, 22:06
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Can a girl really beat a guy up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuio [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Anyone who thinks strength is the most important thing in a fight has never been in a fight, plain and simple.

Given the fury of a fight’s early moments, what matters most is endurance and using proper technique on both offense and defense.

A size advantage helps.

But there ain’t no guarantees when Pandora’s Box opens.
Old 26-May-18, 22:09
Points: 3,518, Level: 24 Points: 3,518, Level: 24 Points: 3,518, Level: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Your words:

“1. An untrained woman vs an untrained male in a (serious) match, Same weight, Guy wins.”

You did not include caveats or disclaimers. If it’s possible for the woman to win, you didn’t say so.

So I’ll ask again:

Your argument is that every video, news account, eyewitness testimony and court record in human history is fake if it purports to show:

An untrained female using non-BJJ techniques to win a serious match with an untrained male of equal or greater weight.

That about right?
I didn't say 100% did I? Guy wins as in that's the most likely outcome. This does not mean it is impossible, just that it's very unlikely. A lot of women don't even know how to punch properly. I'm very confident that if you got an average woman and got her to punch a guy in the face (prepared), and then switch roles, the woman would be floored consistently. I'm not talking about wimpy office guys. I'm talking the average guy. I've seen a couple of videos on Youtube where women have good technique, but they're trained. A lot of catfights are ugly and rarely do you see a strong and powerful punch. The reality is Men will always have a distinct advantage overall.

In any case, I am a man of my word, and I will go through those videos on the linked page and I will see if I can find a legit video.

I'm yet to see any evidence other than a serious weight advantage, or under 18 where an untrained female has beaten an untrained guy. I'm not saying its impossible, but that it's unlikely. If it happens, I'd imagine the guy would be drunk, unwilling to fight back, or a weak ass.

FYI, I have no training in martial arts, other than BJJ, and I can punch harder than a girl I know who did martial arts who had 30 pounds on me.
Old 26-May-18, 22:24
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling47 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I didn't say 100% did I? Guy wins as in that's the most likely outcome. This does not mean it is impossible, just that it's very unlikely. A lot of women don't even know how to punch properly. I'm very confident that if you got an average woman and got her to punch a guy in the face (prepared), and then switch roles, the woman would be floored consistently. I'm not talking about wimpy office guys. I'm talking the average guy. I've seen a couple of videos on Youtube where women have good technique, but they're trained. A lot of catfights are ugly and rarely do you see a strong and powerful punch. The reality is Men will always have a distinct advantage overall.

In any case, I am a man of my word, and I will go through those videos on the linked page and I will see if I can find a legit video.

I'm yet to see any evidence other than a serious weight advantage, or under 18 where an untrained female has beaten an untrained guy. I'm not saying its impossible, but that it's unlikely. If it happens, I'd imagine the guy would be drunk, unwilling to fight back, or a weak ass.

FYI, I have no training in martial arts, other than BJJ, and I can punch harder than a girl I know who did martial arts who had 30 pounds on me.

“Same weight, Guy wins.”

You left no room for alternatives. If you want to modify it to say size puts the odds in the male’s favor, fine.

That’s probably conducive with what the outcomes of real-life fights are.

Females may not punch as hard, but there are virtually unlimited ways to injure/kill others — eye gouges, knees to the family jewels or whatever.

Many fights also start on the feet and wind up prone.

Trained or not, ground fighting is totally different than stand-up.
Old 26-May-18, 22:41

You're fighting over a quarter here to win your point.

In any event, I'm 6 pages in, and I'm yet to see a linked video that supports the claims. not saying its impossible, but all I see is a bunch of defenseless guys.

The most brutal I found within the suggested videos was the one of the big black woman beating her skinny boyfriend. Not sure if it was a woman though, but the size difference was scary.
The Following User Says Thank You to wrestling47 For This Useful Post:
Old 26-May-18, 23:19
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling47 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You're fighting over a quarter here to win your point.

In any event, I'm 6 pages in, and I'm yet to see a linked video that supports the claims. not saying its impossible, but all I see is a bunch of defenseless guys.

The most brutal I found within the suggested videos was the one of the big black woman beating her skinny boyfriend. Not sure if it was a woman though, but the size difference was scary.

If I’m fighting over a quarter, then what are you doing?

Your original argument was simply not factual.

Amending it to something realistic was much more sensible.
Old 26-May-18, 23:36
Points: 6,559, Level: 34 Points: 6,559, Level: 34 Points: 6,559, Level: 34
Last Achievements

It would take a very good girl to beat a guy if the same weight... but there is no doubt that a skilled fight trained girl would beat a weak untrained guy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Markwebb For This Useful Post:
Old 26-May-18, 23:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markwebb [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It would take a very good girl to beat a guy if the same weight... but there is no doubt that a skilled fight trained girl would beat a weak untrained guy
This is what I've been trying to say
The Following User Says Thank You to wrestling47 For This Useful Post:
Old 27-May-18, 12:02
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Considering neither is a martial artist, an athletic, physically intelligent girl will beat an average guy of same weight in wrestling / grappling. The difference between genders is not as pronounced as some in this thread claim. When I started producing videos it was surprising at first to me how many men look like fish out of water on the mats. The only advantage an average guy usually has over a fit female of same size is upper-body strength. Core strength, lower-body strength, endurance are all on the female's side. And if she is fast enough, and is physically more intelligent, she will beat him at wrestling every time.

I have produced over 100 competitive mixed matches, and about 90% of them are won by females. Of course the match-ups are made for that result to be achieved, ie skilled female vs unskilled male, bigger female vs male, athletic female vs nonathletic male, average female vs weak male. I would say in about half of the matches the size difference is insignificant. If some of the opinions spoken here were true, that wouldn't be the outcome.

To answer OP, yes, a girl can really beat up a guy, but with certain variables involved. If you take a male and female of same weight, same physical condition, same physical intelligence and no training, the male will win at wrestling all of the time, because of being naturally the stronger person. However, any one variable can tip the scales to the female's favor - athleticism, size, training, endurance, heart, determination.

About the latter. In my experience, working with 50 women and 30 men, females show more heart and determination than males on the mats. I understand that my view is a bit distorted by the fact that I mostly work with very competitive women, but I still think it is an interesting observation.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 27-May-18, 14:48
Points: 19,379, Level: 60 Points: 19,379, Level: 60 Points: 19,379, Level: 60
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,922 Times in 561 Posts

Sorry but I'm afraid at 140 lbs. there are a ton of women who could put a serious hurt on you. A girl this size would own you in any type of fight and then have her way with you in the bedroom. If you are like most of us here you would enjoy it but if you didn't she would love doing it even more!
Old 27-May-18, 18:45
Points: 10,279, Level: 43 Points: 10,279, Level: 43 Points: 10,279, Level: 43
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,099 Times in 107 Posts

Rinse and repeat. Here we go again with this inane question. Yes, there are mixed wrestling matches where the guy, even a larger one, is trying, but gets beaten. Badly. By a girl who is strong and skilled.

Let's look at it another way. You don't think there is a female long-distance runner who could beat a guy, do you? I mean, every guy in the world must be able to complete a 10,000 meter race faster than the fastest woman, right?
Closed Thread