Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 13-Apr-18, 23:03
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts
Default Re: New business idea - catering to session wrestlers

I would wager Robin is one of the few who is in good financial shape. Possibly Gia since she is now in real estate.
Old 15-Apr-18, 04:13
Points: 16,299, Level: 55 Points: 16,299, Level: 55 Points: 16,299, Level: 55
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,023 Times in 615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylefan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm curious what investments you would advise, since most of these girls, I imagine, would only have a few thousand dollars, at the most, to invest.
It would hardly seem worth it to employ a "financial advisor"
I would hope they have more than that to invest. If not, they are in dire need of some kind of savings advice! I think a lot of the girls just do sessions for extra income. I'm sure most who are not big name wrestlers have other jobs.
Old 15-Apr-18, 19:40
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by schatten_PhD [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
So, as many of us know, there are good people and bad people in this business. There are class acts who are smart and treat customers with respect, and there are those who lack those qualities. see this thread for some background:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I am also thinking of the thread on here where Julie Squeeze was allegedly asking for money to help with her house, etc

This got me to thinking - since we know some session wrestlers have financial problems for various reasons (hell, people in all professions do!), why not market financial advice to these ladies? You could even barter for sessions!

I am semi-serious. I have solid investing and financial skills, though I currently lack a CFA or CPA(finance is not my primary profession - more of a hobby and something I learned from family and through experience). Some of these women have big cash flows but no clue how to budget, save, and invest. Someone with the proper credentials should cater to them or even trade advice for sessions. I am completely serious. Bartering may not be super common in the US, but it does happen. My friend is a gourmet chef, for example. He has had people offer to do things like home repair for him in return for cookimg lessons or gourmet meals. Why not the same with session wrestlers?

Schatten, the play I'd see would be handling all of the session wrestlers' business affairs, so they could focus on working

That would include accounting, legal, building and running their web sites, and on and on.

Not easy to do, but that's why it would be valuable.
The Following User Says Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Apr-18, 04:41
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddogg4345 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I would hope they have more than that to invest. If not, they are in dire need of some kind of savings advice! I think a lot of the girls just do sessions for extra income. I'm sure most who are not big name wrestlers have other jobs.
Good question. Maybe I should revise my initial post to say "budgeting and investing advice." LIke most Americans, I'd wager most sesson ladies are way better at spending than saving and having a budget. There's also, to make a generalization, a certain "type" rather prevalent in this business - the type of sexy woman who is used to getting what she wants due to her looks but doesn't necessarily have to watch what the spends. Obviously that can create problems.

So yeah, as another poster said, maybe it would be more managing affairs like booking the hotels, travel, etc, which I know for a fact many session ladies hate.

As for investments, a simple investment in an S & P 500 index fund through Vanguard would be my advice. Beats most other funds, especially if you do a no-load fund. Just a few thousand in such an index fund can become pretty substantial over time. The key is discipline.

I mean, I wouldn't advise session wrestlers to start doing crazy stuff like derivatives and options....
The Following User Says Thank You to schatten_PhD For This Useful Post: