Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > The Forum

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 30-Oct-15, 21:44
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Thumbs up Forum usage tips

Greetings, Forum!

Here are some tips & tricks on using the forum efficiently. Hopefully, you will find at least some of these features helpful.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I'm surprised as to how seldom this feature is used, even though this is the fastest and easiest way to check for new posts and the link is conveniently located near the middle of the navigation bar (the static blue bar with white text links on top of each page). The [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] link is basically a simple search, which finds and lists all topic updated since your last visit.

Today's Posts

This feature, that is located under the Quick Links menu (see image above) ignores your last visit, and simply lists all topics updated within the last 24 hours. This is useful if you accidentally visit the forum and then stay inactive for 15 minutes without checking for new posts, and your last visit is updated to the most recent one, hence you will not find topics updated before that time in the New Posts page.

Topic Subscriptions

To get the most out of the forum consider using thread subscriptions. It makes following your favorite topics easy.

Subscriptions are a way of keeping track of different threads or forums. You can choose how you are notified about updates - for example by having them listed in your User CP and receiving email updates for each one.

To subscribe to a thread, click the 'Thread Tools' link at the top of the list of posts then click 'Subscribe to Thread'. You can then choose the subscription mode that you wish to use for that thread.

Here's an FAQ item about thread subscriptions: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Similar Threads

Scroll down after the Quick Reply form on any topic and you will see a list of 5 similar topics. This list is automatically selected by forum software based on titles and keywords used in the text. This can help you find more posts on the same or similar subject.

Image Albums / Video Directory / Social Groups

There are three extensions to this forum that are not frequently used.

In the order of popularity they are:

- Video directory (accessible through a relevant link on the navigation bar)
- Image albums (the Albums link on the navigation bar)
- Social Groups (link located in the Community dropdown menu on the navigation bar)

Check them out if you haven't yet.

Experience points system

This feature is an attempt to evaluate your participation at the forum. To put it simply, the orange line under your nickname shows how much you have contributed to the forum taking into account posts / topics / thanks and much more. The green line indicates how active you were in the forum lately. More about the Experience system in its own topic: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

----------

That's it for now, Forum. I will update this topic once in a while with more tips & tricks. Please share your own tips here as well.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Nov-15, 05:17
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Default Re: Forum usage tips

Searching through Google

This is quite a simple trick. Even though the [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] is good enough for most of my search needs, I sometimes use Google to search the forums. When I am searching for exact phrases, or if I am looking for phrases that have words shorter than 4 characters in them, Google does a better job. Here's how you search the forum with Google. Go to google and type in the following:
site:malevsfemale.org your term here
If you want to search for exact phrases, here's how to do it:
site:malevsfemale.org "your exact phrase here"

Hope this helps you search the forums more efficiently.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Sep-16, 14:32
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Keep track of your favorite topics: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 05-May-17, 20:20
Banned
Points: 2,495, Level: 20 Points: 2,495, Level: 20 Points: 2,495, Level: 20
Activity: 22.2% Activity: 22.2% Activity: 22.2%
Last Achievements

how do i start a new thread?
Old 05-May-17, 20:28
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdeen [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
how do i start a new thread?
Click on new thread button - - above the list of threads in any subforum.
Old 05-May-17, 20:44
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Searching through Google

This is quite a simple trick. Even though the [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] is good enough for most of my search needs, I sometimes use Google to search the forums. When I am searching for exact phrases, or if I am looking for phrases that have words shorter than 4 characters in them, Google does a better job. Here's how you search the forum with Google. Go to google and type in the following:
site:malevsfemale.org your term here
If you want to search for exact phrases, here's how to do it:
site:malevsfemale.org "your exact phrase here"

Hope this helps you search the forums more efficiently.
This is good advice. I should have been smart enough to think of using google, but I hadn't really thought of it. Honestly, there are occasions where advanced search doesn't seem to work well for what I'm looking for. Great advice!
Old 11-Jul-17, 05:30
Mxwrestler

How can I delete a post I made on a thread? The content of the post is now invalid.
Old 11-Jul-17, 09:27
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxwrestler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
How can I delete a post I made on a thread?
Send me a pm with a link to the thread.
Old 20-Jun-18, 14:27
Points: 2,901, Level: 22 Points: 2,901, Level: 22 Points: 2,901, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Is there any way to view the forum with pictures blocked? When I'm reading posts at work on my phone, I'd prefer it if people couldn't see the video previews and pictures over my shoulder!
Old 20-Aug-19, 11:43
Points: 276,521, Level: 100 Points: 276,521, Level: 100 Points: 276,521, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 68,213 Times in 6,815 Posts

Do we have a new function amongst the Quote options?

I'd always wondered how to respond to several members' comments at the same time and, so far, have resorted to 'Copy + Paste' followed by 'Wrap QUOTE tags around selected text' for each one.

Am I right in thinking this is what the new Multi-Quote option is for? So once I've quoted someone else's post, I can hit it repeatedly to gather quotes from elsewhere and have them all appear in the same new post of mine?

Tags
community