Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 28-Dec-17, 10:35
Points: 7,021, Level: 35 Points: 7,021, Level: 35 Points: 7,021, Level: 35
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Are girls getting stronger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Venator [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
My mother teached judo for so many years and she told me that in the last years she noticed more and more girls performing better than the boys, often being much more athletic and gifted for sports. By contrast, many guys just sit and play videogames and then go to the judo class cause their moms or dads want that. Her best and most skilled students in the last years were females...Of course she did not say that women nowdays are stronger than men (and a bigger male, even if less trained, will always be difficult to beat for a girl who weights 20 or 30 kilos less), just that the gap that she noticed 30 years ago when she started teaching judo (she is 52 now) is becoming thiner and thiner every year that pass.
Very true that I used to go to judo class with my cousin many years ago she was 8 months younger than me but I used to always struggle against her or any other girls when training but against the boys I was fine,the girls had better technique also the girls seem to have more stamina.
Strength wise I think the girls have always been as strong as the boys but it is only recently that the girls have had the confidence to use that strength. It seems that it has become socially accepted for girls to do what used to be male dominated sports
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tightsman For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Jan-18, 23:59
Points: 12,893, Level: 49 Points: 12,893, Level: 49 Points: 12,893, Level: 49
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,564 Times in 340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Haha, these kinds of wishful thinking threads.

Are girls/women getting stronger? Sure. Participation in fitness, sports, and gym related activities such as Crossfit are more commonplace now than previous generations. The rise in exercise science and strength training has also proven to be effective for women as it has for men. So certainly women are 'getting stronger' in the sense that they are realizing more of their potential, but women from previous eras had this potential as well. Nonetheless, all other factors controlled for, men will always outperform women.

But I for one don't see this as an inconvenient truth. I think it's the fact that women are weaker than men that makes mixed wrestling so interesting and ironic. The idea of a weaker woman, who can still dominate and control by outwitting you and using her strongest assets to control your weaker ones (ie. your neck) is what makes this stuff so exciting.

I agree with you !
Old 17-Jan-18, 00:24
Banned
Points: 30,653, Level: 76 Points: 30,653, Level: 76 Points: 30,653, Level: 76
Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 7,764 Times in 963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca12345 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't think girls are any stronger now. There is crossfit and a few other things like that but it seems like the golden age of female strength on TV and magazines was like 10-15 years ago.
Well, like I said before.
I don't think that girls are getting stronger. SOME girls do combat sports, martial arts, crossfit and such things like Jade Mead, Jade Struck for example, but if you compare this to the entire quantity of woman, certainly will be a minority. This gives us the impression that woman are getting stronger as a group, and that's not the reality.
To be honest, most youngster these days doesn't take physical activities for several reasons, girls and boys, with a trend for woman to get less physical gains than the boys, because, for sure we have a good number of females doing gym, but not on a serious level to get a huge gain of physical advantage to beat a man or such. And even the most girls that somehow trained martial arts in real life doesn't mean she's stronger than most boys, it depends on how far she practiced it.
Sure we can have some girls that could beat up some men, and even getting stronger than the boys. Another thing that could be taken into account is when female charachter are introduced in movies and games beating up group of mens, in these 'polemic' times, moments like this are often involved with somekind of social movements, and girls who are connected with these groups loves scenes like this, maybe this encourages these situations in some way. (Like happened with Harley Quinn?)
I think the right situation here is that few woman are getting more fit, healed. But, well, times change and we need to see what'll happen in the next years. I could go and enter a bit deeper into the topic, however, won't do that here.
And, please don't get angry at this post... need to say that.
Old 17-Jan-18, 07:53
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Have to say it doesn't work that way for me.

For me, it is about looking beyond "averages" and finding examples of women that can beat men in a complete way. Even when resorting to his last bastion of masculinity - physical strength - she still beats him at anything and everything.
I don't disagree with that actually. I strongly agree with the idea that physical strength is the defining male characteristic that we're supposed to have over women, which to have taken away can be quite literally emasculating.

That said, for me it's not necessary that depictions of mixed wrestling, scissoring, etc feature a women who is actually stronger than the man in every way (stronger arms, stronger legs, biceps, triceps, neck etc), but rather one who renders a man physically powerless in a way that is plausible, while emphasizing her femininity. So for example, when I see a picture of a woman scissoring a man, I don't actually care if her legs are stronger than his legs, and I certainly don't care if her arms are stronger than his arms. What matters for me is that she is using her body in a way that overcomes his masculinity (aka his strength), in a way that also displays and emphasizes her femininity. Scissors are so effective at this because not only can a woman use them to believably dominate a man, but also the nature of the hold situates him so close to her feminine parts, it serves as a pure depiction of femininity triumphing over masculinity.
Old 17-Jan-18, 18:22
Points: 450,825, Level: 100 Points: 450,825, Level: 100 Points: 450,825, Level: 100
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 45,428 Times in 4,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Venator [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
My mother teached judo for so many years and she told me that in the last years she noticed more and more girls performing better than the boys, often being much more athletic and gifted for sports. By contrast, many guys just sit and play videogames and then go to the judo class cause their moms or dads want that. Her best and most skilled students in the last years were females...Of course she did not say that women nowdays are stronger than men (and a bigger male, even if less trained, will always be difficult to beat for a girl who weights 20 or 30 kilos less), just that the gap that she noticed 30 years ago when she started teaching judo (she is 52 now) is becoming thiner and thiner every year that pass.
It shows in videos like this, girls seems better than guys same age in this BJJ club
NO WAY IT HAPPENS AGAIN! 5 Boys vs 4 Girls Part
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

4 on 3 boys vs girls. The girls asked to do this by the way.

4 vs 4, Girls vs Boys.

2 vs 2 girls vs boys
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deepkick For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jan-18, 16:00
Martin Venator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepkick [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It shows in videos like this, girls seems better than guys same age in this BJJ club
NO WAY IT HAPPENS AGAIN! 5 Boys vs 4 Girls Part

4 on 3 boys vs girls. The girls asked to do this by the way.

4 vs 4, Girls vs Boys.

2 vs 2 girls vs boys
Yes I saw those videos. I admit that when my mother told me that I felt a little ache to my male ego, even since mom is not one of those "GIRL POWER" women always wanting to prove something so her statements were just sincere
Old 20-Jan-18, 04:41
Points: 3,854, Level: 26 Points: 3,854, Level: 26 Points: 3,854, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Girls are definitely not becoming stronger than boys. Perhaps there is reason enough to believe that males are getting weaker, less aggressive and more docile by generation, due to less physically demanding lifestyles of the modern era. Maybe now, more than ever a trained and fit female is able to out wrestle a male.
Old 26-Jan-22, 03:18
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Meet ‘Supergirl,’ the World’s Strongest Teenager
By COREY KILGANNON DEC. 1, 2017

Naomi Kutin, 16, who lives in Fair Lawn, N.J., has been competing in power lifting since she was 8.

Most days, Naomi Kutin, a high school junior from New Jersey, is a mere teenage mortal.

“Normally, my mind is on school, friends, my phone, social media, stuff like that,” she said. “But when I lift, I put it all to the side, and all I care about is that bar in front of me.”

During weekend powerlifting competitions, when the crowd is revved up and that bar is loaded with hundreds of pounds — Naomi squats 321 pounds and dead lifts 365 pounds — she turns into Supergirl.

It was Supergirl who stalked up to a heavily laden bar on a recent Sunday morning during a powerlifting competition in New Jersey.

“This is Naomi Kutin, the strongest teenager in the world in both the squat and the dead lift,” said the announcer, Geno Biancheri, the charismatic tournament M.C. known as the Pirate of Powerlifting for his heavy metal ringmaster style.

Naomi squatted more than 300 pounds in a preliminary lift. “That’s twice her body weight, as her opener,” Mr. Biancheri said.

Naomi started lifting competitively when she was 8 and quickly began setting national and world records in adult powerlifting categories. By 9, as a wispy 88-pounder competing in the 97-pound weight class, she squatted 215 pounds to break a world record held by a 44-year-old German woman.

Naomi is now 16, but her slim build makes her heavy lifts look even more incredible, and early on she gained the Supergirl nickname as a sweet description for a diminutive athlete. But the name has expanded into an intensely competitive alter ego for an otherwise shy and unassuming teenager.

“In school plays, I get stage fright, but I don’t have stage fright in powerlifting, even if I’m in front of hundreds of people,” said Naomi, whose modern Orthodox Jewish family follows strict religious rules.

While she must wear modest attire at her all-girls Yeshiva in Teaneck, her powerlifting outfit includes a singlet and T-shirt, as well as colorfully striped knee socks, always mismatched, and bright red high-tops.

To work herself into an adrenaline-fueled zone of concentration at the recent Sunday competition, she paced behind the lifting area, with heavy metal blasting on her headphones.

“I hate it — I only listen to it before I lift,” said Naomi, who approaches the bar with yells, growls, staccato breathing and pumping arms. It is an unexpected preparatory ritual from a teenage girl who spends her weekdays studying the Talmud.

Naomi often competes alongside her 14-year-old brother, Ari, and their father, Ed Kutin, both of whom are also accomplished lifters. Her mother, Neshama, assumes the role of manager. During the recent competition, Ms. Kutin cheered on her family and joked about her superstrong children shirking chores.

“They’re lifting in the 300- to 350-pound range, but you should be there when I ask them to carry in the packages,” she said.

In truth, she said, they are helpful. Years ago, Naomi helped with the groceries by carrying a 60-pound bag of dog food out of the supermarket. A bystander called it too heavy a load for a child.

“I told him, ‘We’re fine, you have no idea who she is,’” Ms. Kutin recalled.

As a child, Naomi was a standout in karate and could beat the local boys at push-ups and other strength exercises. Her father, a longtime powerlifter, asked her to join his lifting workouts.

“She said, ‘I thought you’d never ask me,’” Ms. Kutin recalled.

The family ran it by their rabbi, since it is an unconventional activity for Orthodox girls. And then Naomi was off and lifting.

Too young for a gym membership, Naomi worked out with Mr. Kutin’s weights in the basement next to the washer and dryer.

Mr. Kutin taught Naomi basic techniques and grounded her in the rudiments of athletic motivation: the first three “Rocky” movies.

“We thought when she first started that it’d be a kid fad, that she’d quit within three months,” Ms. Kutin said recently as the family trained in their cramped basement.

On the wall was her hand-scrawled sign — “No Fear” — next to a Jewish calendar.

Naomi cranked up the heavy metal music and loaded heavy plates on the bar for sets of squats, lowering into a crouch with the weight bar on her shoulders. Then came dead lifts, short hoists from the ground while standing.

Naomi is the subject of a documentary “Supergirl,” to be broadcast Dec. 18 as part of the Independent Lens series on PBS.

The Kutins are often the only observant Jewish family at lifting meets, and they bring a large box of kosher food and drinks. Fans and fellow competitors often give Naomi Supergirl memorabilia.

Because of Sabbath rules, they do not compete on Saturdays, when many of the female trials are held. Many tournament officials allow Naomi to lift on Sunday with men competing in the heavyweight category.

It is quite a sight: a wispy teenage girl lifting alongside musclebound and heavily tattooed men.

“Most women and kids don’t do that,” she said. “But men get more physically psyched, so I actually prefer lifting with the men.”
UPDATE:
New York Post Article:

ALSO: You can download the 2016 video here:

AND HER INSTAGRAM:

Last edited by stymie; 26-Jan-22 at 03:41.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Jan-22, 10:10
Females are superior

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapeartist [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Girls are definitely not becoming stronger than boys. Perhaps there is reason enough to believe that males are getting weaker, less aggressive and more docile by generation, due to less physically demanding lifestyles of the modern era. Maybe now, more than ever a trained and fit female is able to out wrestle a male.
Both things are not mutually exclusive and indeed I am positive that both things are happening at the same time. Besides what you said, more and more girls are working out and taking up sports, and they have much more self-belief in their own potential than ever. The new generations of females are on an empowerment high, they're enjoying testing their limits in a way they'd never been tested before and they're more focus than boys. If you combine this with boy getting weaker, lazier and less aggressive what you get is the tables turning to some extent.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Jan-22, 10:49
Points: 1,982, Level: 18 Points: 1,982, Level: 18 Points: 1,982, Level: 18
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Looks like there are more young girls doing weightlifting, cross fit and martial arts and if this mass grows, so will the average women strength, I believe.

For instance: I saw a girl who just turned 8yr (!) clean and jerk 56kg (that's more then I do..) squat 70kg and deadlift 100kg. Wait for her in a few years..

Tags
female, female supremacy, girls, indian, strength, strong, superior