Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 03-Sep-18, 15:37
Points: 3,152, Level: 23 Points: 3,152, Level: 23 Points: 3,152, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Mixed Wrestling and height

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hector, Brazilian jiu-jitsu techniques perform the same basic function that punches do in boxing.

Concentrating force is central to playing most any sport, whether it's hitting a baseball, tackling an opponent in rugby/American football, or shooting a hockey puck.
Yes ,problem is that often this is not in mind.
Basics are important, but it's easy forget them .
Seem strange but not rare .
Old 03-Sep-18, 16:04
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector Hammond [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes ,problem is that often this is not in mind.
Basics are important, but it's easy forget them .
Seem strange but not rare .

BJJ techniques often require a lot of steps and have little nuances to master if you're going to apply them correctly.

Aside from having a black belt teach them to you, you learn them by applying them in grappling, when your opponent is resisting.

Studying BJJ is a never-ending thing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Sep-18, 19:28
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
BJJ techniques often require a lot of steps and have little nuances to master if you're going to apply them correctly.

Aside from having a black belt teach them to you, you learn them by applying them in grappling, when your opponent is resisting.

Studying BJJ is a never-ending thing.
What you say is underestimated by many martial arts practitioners. Often there is a run-up, as soon as they think that know enough, to go to learn another discipline or martial art. In the end nothing is ever deepened.
Old 06-Sep-18, 06:40
Points: 2,726, Level: 21 Points: 2,726, Level: 21 Points: 2,726, Level: 21
Last Achievements

I'm 6'2", and 220 lbs. and got destroyed in wrestling by my masseuse who was only 4'7 and 90 lbs! I couldn't believe how strong she was, she looked like a young girl!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikebarnes For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Sep-18, 09:57
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebarnes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm 6'2", and 220 lbs. and got destroyed in wrestling by my masseuse who was only 4'7 and 90 lbs! I couldn't believe how strong she was, she looked like a young girl!
Thank you , it's ainteresting example .I like this material . .
Old 06-Sep-18, 12:58
Points: 3,754, Level: 25 Points: 3,754, Level: 25 Points: 3,754, Level: 25
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebarnes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Holy crap! Where can I find this masseuse???
The Following User Says Thank You to rassel4fun For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Sep-18, 19:23
Points: 2,897, Level: 22 Points: 2,897, Level: 22 Points: 2,897, Level: 22
Last Achievements

Quote:
Hector, to supplement Anji's point, smaller females can beat tall males by giving them a choice: Surrender now, or I put you in a world of hurt.

It involves techniques like bending a joint the wrong way or shutting off the flow of blood/oxygen to the brain.

The bad guy has to either chill or, say, get choked unconscious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector Hammond [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Prove that brute force isn't enought in a match.
Are u talking grappling or a plain fight? Brute force can obviously be enough (combined with some experience of fighting (And I don't mean proffessional or a lot of training..).

I mean Bob Sapp won agains Ernesto Hoost twice. Nothing to do with grappling, but Antonio Nogueira, a world-class BJJ and SW-artist, had (I know nothing of martial arts, except what I''ve learned from boyfriends, and have seen too many street fights to believe "skill beats everything."

Skill matters very much, and espescially if we're talking grappling only (i've understood. from googling, it was created as self defence were smaller guys used leverage (and stamina/speed) to defeat bigger opponents.

Bob Sapp, big gorilla with the technique of....idk, gives world-renowned Nogueira some problems before he's out of gas: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

And while the likes of bob sapp are very rare... I don't think the strength difference between the two above are larger than - no offence at all, really - Anji vs random gym-"nerd" on steroids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma switrtch [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
t s still very funny to think metn think they make more chance because of height.
yes leverage is an advantage , but being smaller also has advantages believe it or not
and nothing beats skill , not height, not weight
Of course men has a biological advantage, and if weight doesn't matter in grappling.....why are there weight classes?

I read on sherdog (it's very fun to read about MA, I've found out the last weeks) a thread (and ime it's a general cultural thing (at least in the West - not sure about the res of the world) that a man don't hit a woman, but the opposite is fine and no one cares or even likes the opposite (in social experiments, for example) where there seem to be a significant portion of all males that hold back somewhat against women

And like:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Emma: this above does not insinuate that men hold back against you. I have no doubt you womanhandle most "bad" boys with ease, in wrestlling.

But you do not mean that literally, right? Or are you (indirectly, or throgh extension) saying you could beat Hafthor Bjornsson because you are far mor skilled?

Bulldozer1986 on dis forum has "won" against for example Gia Primo, by being stronger and larger. By "won" it was semi competitive and she couldn't make him clap. He has several session-reviews out, with pics in many cases, and if he was lying...he woldn't have lasted this long here.

But in his Yasmine video he didn't look like he weighed 108 kg and benches 150 kg and so on. But that may be because I only see him and her, and I imagine/picture her as a normal-sized woman, who is athlethic/fit....and I'm probably wrong.

I don't know these women, but neither "Arekah" could submit him (in semi-competitive)...

However...he hasn' been online since 17:th of August....I wonder if he was so emasculated by Yasmine that he doesn't dare log in anymore (joke!!!! Bulldozer is a good boy....whom however needs to be put in place :P)

Emma_Switch, may I ask: do you think you could take this Bulldozer in a fully competitive match? Because if skill beats everything...you should, or? Sorry if I asked something inappropriate
The Following User Says Thank You to Syrnothan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Sep-18, 19:45
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Last Achievements

Actually, girl wrestlers who are shorter (lower center of gravity) could have an advantage over taller guys, being better able to attack their legs and take them down.
Old 06-Sep-18, 19:49
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrnothan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Are u talking grappling or a plain fight? Brute force can obviously be enough (combined with some experience of fighting (And I don't mean proffessional or a lot of training..).

I mean Bob Sapp won agains Ernesto Hoost twice. Nothing to do with grappling, but Antonio Nogueira, a world-class BJJ and SW-artist, had (I know nothing of martial arts, except what I''ve learned from boyfriends, and have seen too many street fights to believe "skill beats everything."

Skill matters very much, and espescially if we're talking grappling only (i've understood. from googling, it was created as self defence were smaller guys used leverage (and stamina/speed) to defeat bigger opponents.

Bob Sapp, big gorilla with the technique of....idk, gives world-renowned Nogueira some problems before he's out of gas: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

And while the likes of bob sapp are very rare... I don't think the strength difference between the two above are larger than - no offence at all, really - Anji vs random gym-"nerd" on steroids.

I started to think about a general context, but I realized how the melee fight like grappling, wrestling can make a lot of understand this theme.
The answers that are coming up on this subject, are making me understand that without the mental ability to organize a strategy, in a fast way, physical strength alone is not said to win.
But I think that in order to achieve this goal, you need to have a suitable training session or be taken there.
Seeing how in nature smaller animals can overwhelm larger animals or in the history of a small country can resist and defeat a great, see Greeks against Persians, I think it helps a certain mental attitude. Surely reasoning or experiencing the battle as if it were a matter of life or death helps.
Today no one lives the sporting clash anymore in this way and the fact that often competes by weight category, means that we want to eliminate the very idea of ​​a competition where there are huge differences in level. This is very much the idea in the sportsman of tragedy of the proof. It is a taboo for today's society, as is the struggle between man and woman.
Old 06-Sep-18, 19:52
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrnothan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Of course men has a biological advantage, and if weight doesn't matter in grappling.....why are there weight classes?

I read on sherdog (it's very fun to read about MA, I've found out the last weeks) a thread (and ime it's a general cultural thing (at least in the West - not sure about the res of the world) that a man don't hit a woman, but the opposite is fine and no one cares or even likes the opposite (in social experiments, for example) where there seem to be a significant portion of all males that hold back somewhat against women

And like:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Emma: this above does not insinuate that men hold back against you. I have no doubt you womanhandle most "bad" boys with ease, in wrestlling.

But you do not mean that literally, right? Or are you (indirectly, or throgh extension) saying you could beat Hafthor Bjornsson because you are far mor skilled?

Bulldozer1986 on dis forum has "won" against for example Gia Primo, by being stronger and larger. By "won" it was semi competitive and she couldn't make him clap. He has several session-reviews out, with pics in many cases, and if he was lying...he woldn't have lasted this long here.

But in his Yasmine video he didn't look like he weighed 108 kg and benches 150 kg and so on. But that may be because I only see him and her, and I imagine/picture her as a normal-sized woman, who is athlethic/fit....and I'm probably wrong.

I don't know these women, but neither "Arekah" could submit him (in semi-competitive)...

However...he hasn' been online since 17:th of August....I wonder if he was so emasculated by Yasmine that he doesn't dare log in anymore (joke!!!! Bulldozer is a good boy....whom however needs to be put in place :P)

Emma_Switch, may I ask: do you think you could take this Bulldozer in a fully competitive match? Because if skill beats everything...you should, or? Sorry if I asked something inappropriate

With untrained fighters, it can boil down to the fight in the dog.

Royce Gracie showed in the early UFCs that skill could beat brute force. He defeated bigger, stronger fighters by taking them down and tapping them.

If memory serves, the only rules in those bouts were that you couldn't bite your opponent or gouge their eyes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post: