Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 22-Jun-17, 01:40
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1
Activity: 11.8% Activity: 11.8% Activity: 11.8%

Legs Fix ucomfortable scissors?

Hello, I posted something similar to this before, but did not ask this specific question. A little background first. My girl scissors me once in a while, and even though she can put on a pretty good squeeze, she can only go hard at all for a short period of time. This is because she says her ankles really hurt after scissoring for a few minutes. Now keep in mind that she has says had bare feet and ankles when doing a headscissors. Maybe its technique or clothing, or idk what. My question is two-fold:

1. For the guys who have had a girl scissor them, has your girl expressed this specific complaint before?
2. For people with firsthand experience on the subject, what would work to make it more comfortable for her ankles? I know that wearing shoes may be one obvious answer, but I'm asking for your thoughts.

In the end, I would like her to increase her endurance for headscissoring, without something like sort ankles making an impact. And also, if there are any women on this forum, your input is also very much appreciated, since you hay have experienced it firsthand!
Old 22-Jun-17, 13:41
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default Re: Fix ucomfortable scissors?

When you are not used to scissoring, the tops of your feet will hurt if you squeeze hard. As you scissor more, you get used to it, and eventually the tops of your feet become tougher, and you can hold on to it for a long time.

For amateurs, foot pain as well as general ankle weakness is the main reason why they let go of a scissor-hold or guard position. Try standing up when someone has you in guard. If they are an experienced session wrestler or a BJJ expert, who spends all day squeezing their feet together in guard position, they will hang on to you just with their guard. You can even swing them around, and they won't let go, because tops of their feet don't hurt.

tl;dr scissoring often will greatly alleviate top-of-the-foot pain and make it a non-issue
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 23-Jun-17, 16:13
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts
Default Re: Fix ucomfortable scissors?

wearing boots helps. Might be strange in bed, but a few session wrestlers I know have said that boots help with the ankle discomfort.

Tags
headscissors, scissorholds, scissors