Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 31-Jul-18, 13:24
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: How common and realistic is it for a woman to be stronger than a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy899 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Actually Serena Williams was beaten by an old and out of shape male Tennis player who was ranked 203 in the world. He was described as having a diet of beers and junk food.

Not surprised in the least. The average guy is strong.

Average Joes don't usually fair well against female professional fighters:

From Japanese TV show: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

UFC fighter against guy: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

UFC's Miesha Tate vs. four guys: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 31-Jul-18, 18:55
Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,667 Times in 868 Posts
Default Re: How common and realistic is it for a woman to be stronger than a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
9/10 times guys will make up statistics to fit their beliefs. Because after all, 9/10 times Prof female tennis players are beaten by out of shape men. Happens almost all the time, about 9 out of 10 times to be precise. 9/10 Elite female volleyball players are bested by out of shape dudes, don't believe me? But wait...there's more! Studies have even shown that 9/10 female OLYMPIANS are beaten by out of shape Joes. These are the facts gentlemen and they are undisputed.
And 9 times out of 10, people from Peoria hit the nail on the head
Old 31-Jul-18, 18:55
G-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy899 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Actually Serena Williams was beaten by an old and out of shape male Tennis player who was ranked 203 in the world. He was described as having a diet of beers and junk food.

Not surprised in the least. The average guy is strong.
Ranked 203 is most certainly not an "average out of shape guy" regardless of his diet. Also, an obscure television GAMESHOW does not represent any definitive conclusions. There were television shows showing Ronda Roussey throwing ranked Judo men around like rag dolls, didn't mean a damn thing to naysayers, and I would agree. TV is TV. You can peruse YouTube for plenty of real examples of women legitimately defeating men on the mat, but hey, I'm sure those are "rigged" too. Again, not arguing that it's the norm, but I'm pretty sure you are selling women way short, especially pros. You say you are a tough guy, and that you may be. But there is a planet full of women out there and your personal experiences, real or exaggerated do not represent any statistical conclusion. Experiences do however shape your opinion which you are more than entitled to express, but also realize others have different experiences.

Last edited by G-Force; 31-Jul-18 at 19:08.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Aug-18, 03:37
Points: 3,518, Level: 24 Points: 3,518, Level: 24 Points: 3,518, Level: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Are you sure?
I find it hard to believe, could you post a link please?
I'm very interested.
100% sure. I can't remember if it was Japanese or what, but it was one of those random challenge shows. It was linked on this forum, and the lady was really pissed about losing.
Old 02-Aug-18, 08:30
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
This was 20 years ago. At the time, Karsten Braasch was 30 years old, an age when many male athletes are still in their prime. Serena was ~16 then, not yet even near her athletic peak.

Be that as it may, every male tennis pro on tour is a male tennis pro on tour. According to the ATP (men's tour) website, 1961 men have registered at least a point in the rankings this year. I would expect ALL 1961 players to win more than 75% of the *points* played vs the Top 20 women of the WTA (women's tour). I would expect all 1961 to have beaten a 16-year-old Serena.

I love those sports fans who go nuts claiming that Alabama could beat the Cleveland Browns or that Duke could beat the Phoenix Suns. Yes, Duke had 3 first-round picks this year, but EVERY player on the Suns is an NBA player.
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Aug-18, 10:41
Points: 1,900, Level: 17 Points: 1,900, Level: 17 Points: 1,900, Level: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
This was 20 years ago. At the time, Karsten Braasch was 30 years old, an age when many male athletes are still in their prime. Serena was ~16 then, not yet even near her athletic peak.

Be that as it may, every male tennis pro on tour is a male tennis pro on tour. According to the ATP (men's tour) website, 1961 men have registered at least a point in the rankings this year. I would expect ALL 1961 players to win more than 75% of the *points* played vs the Top 20 women of the WTA (women's tour). I would expect all 1961 to have beaten a 16-year-old Serena.

I love those sports fans who go nuts claiming that Alabama could beat the Cleveland Browns or that Duke could beat the Phoenix Suns. Yes, Duke had 3 first-round picks this year, but EVERY player on the Suns is an NBA player.
The fact that Selena wasn't at her peak is irrelevant. A modern day Serena would also lose to Braasch. In recent years she has now ADMITTED herself thst she wouldn't be able to take on a man in tennis and win. The reality is that a top 5 female tennis player would lose to a low ranked male pro.

And while 30 isn't that old, the point is that he was said to have lived on a diet of booze and junk food. He was hardly in tip top shape.
Old 02-Aug-18, 12:54
Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,438 Times in 903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling47 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
100% sure. I can't remember if it was Japanese or what, but it was one of those random challenge shows. It was linked on this forum, and the lady was really pissed about losing.
Could you describe it in a more detailed way please?
Old 02-Aug-18, 15:19
G-Force

Quote:
The fact that Selena wasn't at her peak is irrelevant. A modern day Serena would also lose to Braasch. In recent years she has now ADMITTED herself thst she wouldn't be able to take on a man in tennis and win. The reality is that a top 5 female tennis player would lose to a low ranked male pro.

And while 30 isn't that old, the point is that he was said to have lived on a diet of booze and junk food. He was hardly in tip top shape.
Hardly in tip top shape? Based on what? You are drawing conclusions based on what he supposedly ate? That makes zero sense. You make it sound like this guy is Homer Simpson. There are plenty of 30 year old men that eat junk food but are still in great shape, especially ATHLETES. It's called physical activity and genetics, not to mention 30 is still fairly young. This guy at that age and experience level was still close to being at the TOP of his game. A 16 year old is just getting warmed up. Anyhow, either way, this guy does NOT represent the average dude. Also, you clearly missed my original point. You don't beat someone at their own game. For the most part, the average untrained guy isn't going to beat a seasoned experienced woman in anything requiring learned skills and rules, and the internet is littered with more examples of this than the other way around.

Last edited by G-Force; 02-Aug-18 at 15:25.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Aug-18, 15:54
Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,923 Times in 486 Posts

Serena Williams won her first grand slam a year later. Even if she was young she still represented a very high level. Serena peeked very early. I'd argue she was close to her prime.

On the other hand it's also interesting to note that after the match Serena insisted that "this time next year I'll beat him."

``It was extremely hard,″ said the 16-year-old Serena. ``I didn’t know it would be that hard. I hit shots that would have been winners on the WTA Tour, and he got to them easily.″

That didn’t stop her from boasting that, ``this time next year I’ll beat him. I have to pump some weight. ... I have to work hard to be on the men’s tour.″

Venus, 17, wasn’t about to concede too much, either, especially since she broke Braasch’s serve once.

``I can beat men in the 300s and up,″ she said. ``He thought we couldn’t get a point. He didn’t think we could play. We showed him we could.″

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Unfortunately the two sisters didn't challenge men anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amazonia For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Aug-18, 16:02
Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,667 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
I'm sure that Serena never did or never would say that it would be impossible for her to win a tennis match against any man. She did not that she could not beat any of the hundreds of thousands or millions of male recreational tennis players - her comparison group is male pro tennis players.

So what we are left with is what everyone should have completely understood to begin with: a top female pro tennis player would lose to a much lower ranked male pro. That still puts her ahead of most men.

Tags
asian, indian, latina, pakistani, white