Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Videos

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 26-Aug-12, 19:43
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts
Default Tania Cinquini loses 2 mixed grappling matches

Tania competing in men's no gi division at Kutar BJJ tournament

Published on Aug 26, 2012 by taniacinquini

My first match in the men's no gi division.

I registered for the female no gi division but no other females showed up for no gi so I asked if I could compete in the men's division.

I feel that this was a good match (even though I lost) because he obviously had the strength and weight advantage, but I had the experience advantage.

I am a light weight blue belt from Alliance.

I am turning off comments because I can't stand the thought of reading all the sexist comments I'm sure I would get. I think that women should be given the option to compete with men if no women show up. It should be up to the competitor to decide if she wants to compete knowing she has a strength disadvantage.

I don't think it's that different from competing in the female open weight division against women who may be much heavier and stronger.

Another thought that I had was that women could compete (if they choose) with men who are one weight class below them. My reasoning for this is that women have about 10% more body fat then men (and therefore less muscle and strength). If the women were allowed to compete with men who were one weight class below, this would compensate for some of that advantage and even things out a little more.

Ideally women would always compete against other women but the reality is that there still are not very many women in the sport. Much of the time there are no females in my division or I will only have one opponent. I'd like to be given more opportunities.

Congrats to my opponent who went on to take first place.

Tania's second match in the Men's no gi division

Published on Aug 26, 2012 by taniacinquini

My second match in the men's no gi division.

I registered for the female no gi division but no other females showed up for no gi so I asked if I could compete in the men's division.

I feel that this was a good match (even though I lost) because he obviously had the strength and weight advantage, but I had the experience advantage.

I am a light weight blue belt from Alliance.

Comments on this video are by approval only so if you were planning to write something stupid and sexist, don't waste your time. Only intelligent comments

will be posted.

I think that women should be given the option to compete with men if no women show up. It should be up to the competitor to decide if she wants to compete

knowing she has a strength disadvantage.

I don't think it's that different from competing in the female open weight division against women who may be much heavier and stronger.

Another thought that I had was that women could compete (if they choose) with men who are one weight class below them. My reasoning for this is that women

have about 10% more body fat then men (and therefore less muscle and strength). If the women were allowed to compete with men who were one weight class

below, this would compensate for some of that advantage and even things out a little more.

Ideally women would always compete against other women but the reality is that there still are not very many women in the sport. Much of the time there are

no females in my division or I will only have one opponent. I'd like to be given more opportunities.

Congrats to my opponent who went on to take second place
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Aug-12, 19:52
Points: 21,868, Level: 64 Points: 21,868, Level: 64 Points: 21,868, Level: 64
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,622 Times in 507 Posts
Default Re: Tania Cinquini loses 2 mixed grappling matches

Good for her. Its the best way for her to improve.