Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Stories

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 26-Sep-16, 07:18
gameking

Default Champion vs Champion

OOC: This is a rather different story in that it covers the build up on television and behind the scenes for an inter-gender wrestling match. Yes, the names are very pro wrestling but I'm building an entire universe in this story.

Part One

Quote:
Latest on IWF Super Spectacular XX Main Event
Published on January 05, 2016

We are three months away from the IWF's biggest event of the year, Super Spectacular XX. The wrestling extravaganza takes place at The United Center in Chicago, Illinois and tickets sold out in an astounding twenty minutes after they went of sale last month. The biggest question wasn't how fast the 23,500 tickets would sell, but what match would main event. Owner/Booker Raymond Parcell has yet to layout the main event for the companies biggest card and some within the company are concerned. Damien Sinclair, the current IWF World Champion has held the belt for the past nine months but the company has been struggling to find a credible challenger. It seems like "The A-Lister" Johnny Blade might get be tapped to face Sinclair in the main event, but that's quite the stretch. While Blade (And his valet/wife Marti) can draw the ire of the fans just by entering the ring, Blade has yet to venture into main events waters. It would be a tough sell for fans.

Don't count out Veronica Bell defending the IWF Women's Champion in the main event though. Bell has been the number two face in the company and her popularity is on par Sinclair. When Sinclair went down with a bicep injury last August, Bell's title defenses were bumped up to the main event of some house shows and the shows drew solid numbers. The big match for Bell would be a title defense against Layla Ortiz, the dominant Women's Champion during the 2000's. Ortiz left the IWF to pursue a career in acting and has done quite for herself starring in a series of blockbuster action films. Parcell and Ortiz have discussed a potential return under the presumption that Ortiz would put Bell over in a passing of the torch moment. No word on whether the two sides have met for negotiations lately but that match has been rumored for the last few months.

Stay tuned for updates.

IWF Super Spectacular XX takes place on April 3rd, 2016 and is available on pay per view and satellite.
Excerpt from "A Champion's Fight: My Life in Pro Wrestling" by Richard "Damien Sinclair" Worthington

Quote:
Chapter 24

I had been called by Parcell and asked meet with him at IWF Headquarters in Utica, New York on February 3rd. Parcell wanted to speak face-to-face about my Super Spectacular opponent. I heard through the grapevine that Johnny Blade would get the nod to face me in the main event. Johhny was a hard worker and drew great heat with his gimmick of being "The A-Lister", While it would be a tough sell for the fans to buy him as a legitimate threat, I had came up with a few ideas to legitimize him as a threat to take my title. I also heard that Parcell and Layla Ortiz has finalized a short-term deal for her to work the card in the much hyped dream match against Veronica Bell. I was already scheduled to team up with Bell on some house shows against Blade and Marti and I knew they would draw good numbers. I dressed in my best attire, a light blue suit since Parcell was big on looking presentable in public. I would be staying overnight to film talking head pieces for an upcoming DVD the company was producing.

When I arrived at the building, I was taken to Parcell's office right away and was shocked as I saw Veronica Bell sitting outside Raymond's office. Veronica was dressed in a blouse with a leather jacket and jeans with her black hair in a ponytail. Bell was a former track and field star for the University of California that shunned the Olympics for pursuing a career in pro wrestling. I respected Bell as a performer since she was dedicated to her craft and was the best female worker in company history. She was an old school baby face and probably the best pure face of the last decade. The kids loved her and little girls looked up to her as a role model and even a big sister. I appreciated that she lived the gimmick, taking time to visit sick kids during her down time and treated her fans with respect. Veronica was willing to cut loose with the boys every now and then. We shook hands and exchanged in small talk until the door opened and Parcell himself stood in-front of us. Parcell was in his late sixties and kept himself in shape at 6'2 and 255 pounds. The man is a workout maniac and tales care of himself by eating right. Parcell welcomed us in with his booming voice as we followed him into his large office that house a great view of downtown Utica. We both took seats at the desk and I noticed an easel with a black sheet over it. I presumed the mock-up poster for Super Spectacular XX was underneath it.

"I've brought the two of you here for this meeting and I please ask that you keep the contents of this meaning a secret," Parcell said sternly as we both nodded in agreement.

"Veronica, I hate to be the baron of bad news but negotiations with Ortiz broke down again last week. While I'd look to book a match between the two of you, her asking price is just too much. I apologize," Parcell said as Veronica seemed disappointed at first but cheered herself up internally.

"As for the main event for Super Spectacular XX, Damien will indeed be in the main event. However, I've decided that Johhny Blade is not a legitimate main event star yet, but his future is very bright," Parcell said as he rose from his seat. Parcell walked to the easel and pulled the sheet off to reveal the Super Spectacular XX main event.

Champion vs Champion
IWF World Champion Damien Sinclair vs IWF Women's Champion Veronica Bell

The two of us were in a state of shock as we stared at the poster. It was a Photoshop version with me on the left side holding the World Championship and Bell on the right side holding the Women's Championship. Parcell had a wide grin on his face as he sat down and the let the shock of the poster sink in.

"What do you say champions?" Parcell said enthusiastically.

"I'm up for the match if Damien is," Veronica said as she put me on the spot. I could say no but the idea of a Champion vs Champion match intrigued me. The two of them stared at me for what seemed to be an eternity before I responded.

"I think we can put on the greatest match in company history," I said confidently with a small hint of cockiness knowing that I had just raised the stakes. Veronica was surprised that I laid the gauntlet down as Raymond hoped that I could live up to the hype I had created. Nothing was concrete but Parcell seemed ecstatic that we were on board for the match. We both left and I said my goodbyes to Veronica when I received a text from Raymond, asking that I'd return to his office. I sat down and noticed that Raymond had a concerned look on his face as he sat down.

"This doesn't leave the room, but I want you to put Veronica over at Super Spectacular. Clean as a whistle," Parcell said thinking that he had dropped the bomb on me.

"I'll put her over clean, you have my word," I said as Parcell let out a sigh of relief.

The next day, the two of us took park in a clandestine meeting at Parcell's house as he laid out the feud. In order to placate NBC Universal and our sponsors, we wouldn't hit each other on television. This was an excellent idea since it was best to keep the two of us apart until the match itself. Instead, we would be filming interviews and training montages in order to hype the match for the next two months. NBC also granted us a network special two weeks before the show and we'd be teaming up against Blade and Marti. We would plant the seeds of discontent during the match, making it seem like we would come to blows but cooler heads would prevail. We knew that once the match was announced that the company would be raked over the coals, but Parcell didn't care about that. It would give the card some much needed publicity and we could prove them wrong by having a strong build-up. Parcell also told us that we'd meet after next weeks show for a photo shoot taking place at a secret location.

Part Two: The Announcement/Fallout, The Photo Shoot and Tag Team Mayhem.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Sep-16, 07:22
Points: 5,090, Level: 30 Points: 5,090, Level: 30 Points: 5,090, Level: 30
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Champion vs Champion

actually,that sounded awesome ,but then almost every story here gets based on femdom ,so hope u do something new
Old 26-Sep-16, 08:41
Points: 57,559, Level: 100 Points: 57,559, Level: 100 Points: 57,559, Level: 100
Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,746 Times in 1,915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by habib [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
actually,that sounded awesome ,but then almost every story here gets based on femdom ,so hope u do something new
G'day mate. Have you read some of my CAI pro-wrestling stories? In some of them, the men win.

Most recently, I wrote about Carl Fogarty defeating Nikki Grahame

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Here's another one where Bear Grylls (just) defeats Shona McGarty.

The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Sep-16, 09:20
Points: 5,090, Level: 30 Points: 5,090, Level: 30 Points: 5,090, Level: 30
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
G'day mate. Have you read some of my CAI pro-wrestling stories? In some of them, the men win.

Most recently, I wrote about Carl Fogarty defeating Nikki Grahame

Here's another one where Bear Grylls (just) defeats Shona McGarty.

thanks for that mate,awesome stories ,maledom is best for business,keep writing great stuff like this.
Old 26-Sep-16, 09:54
Points: 17,782, Level: 58 Points: 17,782, Level: 58 Points: 17,782, Level: 58
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,291 Times in 1,520 Posts

This sounds like a great storyline, King. I know it is a hell of a lot of work to create a whole company full of wrestlers, not to mention introducing the drama and build up for the huge intergender match, but I am already sold on it. I'd happily remortgage my house to buy front row seats. Thanks, mate.
Old 26-Sep-16, 17:04
gameking

Interview with Veronica Bell from "The Innovator: The Best of Veronica Bell" DVD released by the IWF in 2017

Quote:
When Ray Parcell told you about the match, what was your initial reaction?

Well, Ray had been rather coy with me in terms of my opponent since the Layla Ortiz negotiations had stalled out. It was talked that our match would go on last which has never happened on PPV, much less the biggest card of the year. I heard that he was trying to secure a deal with a Joshi organization to bring in a big star for a one night appearance. The three of us had a meeting at his office and I thought he was delivering the bad news* that's I wouldn't be in the main event. When he revealed the poster, I went numb when I first saw it.

How did Damien Sinclair react?

Damien looked happy but I knew that he was a rather reserved person. He has a great poker face. When we talked after the meeting, he seemed happy. When we ran over the announcement angle at TV in Tallahassee, he suggested that I would grab the belt and stare down at it before challenging. That moment would play a big factor in the post match angle during the NBC special.

Speaking of the NBC match, what happened with the table bump?

I overshot my landing and it was my fault. I was stationed near the announce table and he would be shot into the ropes. Damien was supposed to run into me and I'd crash onto the mat below. The time came and I went way too far and crashed into the announce table, my right side taking all the damage. I was in such pain the day after I saw a doctor and she told me that I had a bruised kidney. It was only a mild bruise, but I had to sit out two weeks since I had blood in my urine. The company was lucky that we had a series of sit down interviews the week after the announcement plus training montages. It made up for my absence and the announcers played up that Sinclair might have intentionally ran int me. A blessing in disguise.

When were you told that you'd be getting the belt?

I wasn't told at the meeting since Sinclair and Parcell had another meeting that night and Parcell asked Damien to put me over. They were playing their cards close to the chest when it came to the finish. I didn't find out until we gathered at Parcell's house to lay out the match.

Excerpt from "A Champion's Fight: My Life in Pro Wrestling" by Richard "Damien Sinclair" Worthington
Quote:
Chapter 25

I arrived a TV on February 8th in Tallahassee not knowing what to expect. Raymond was announcing the main event to the boys that afternoon. We gathered by the interview set for a company meeting. Raymond, the wrestlers, the ref, the backstage staff and announcers all attended as I stood to Raymond's left side. Raymond talked about how the Super Spectacular main event Johnny Blade would be breaking barriers. Some of the boys looked concerned as Raymond continued on. He had a tendency to do this, speaking a hundred words when ten would suffice. Raymond finally announced that Veronica Bell would be facing me for the belt and the reaction was mixed. You either loved it or hated it. Johnny Blade was disappointed that he wasn't getting the match but Raymond met with him after the meeting. Raymond explained that Blade did nothing wrong and he would be facing me for the title tonight and he would be in the line for the post-Super Spectacular feud. When the wrestlers tracked me down, most of them were pissed that they'd be missing out on a payday. I didn't say much and vouched that Veronica was up to the task and we'd do good business. Raymond's staff was concerned that we'd be raked over the coals for making this match. Raymond understood but he stood firm and insisted with the proper build-up, that we'd shut those people up. An hour before TV started, he summoned me and Veronica to his office and laid down some terms for the match.

No attacks outside the ring. This meant using the railing, apron, steps or announce table during the match
No low blows or weapon shots of any kid.
No misogynistic talk from my end since Raymond wanted to portray us as equal competitors.

He also told us that the three of us would be gathering at his house to lay out the match and brainstorm any spot ideas. I went off to find Johnny Blade and go over the match tonight. Johnny seemed a bit down but I gave him a pep talk and told him that he had a bright future. "The A-Lister" was a great gimmick, a vapid Hollywood type inspired by Will Smith's son, Jayden. PEOPLE HATED HIM. His wife Marti, was a gorgeous redhead that played the gimmick of being a Beverly Hills rich girl to a tee and the two made a great combo. They were being slotted as the opponents for the mixed tag match for the NBC special. That perked him up a bit.

The match was nothing special but it did help to establish Blade as a potential main event star. Blade was a safe worker and I worked hard to make his offense look vicious before I launched my comeback. I was preparing to finish him off with a Double Arm DDT when he feigned an eye injury to the ref, distracting him. This gave Marti the opening to slip my title into the ring. Blade miraculously recovered, grabbed the belt and charged me. I shocked him at the last moment with a small package for the surprise win as the crowd cheered. I got the up, the ref raised my hand and Blade smacked me in the back of the head with the belt. The ref called for the bell as the duo started to attack me with stomps. The crowd was angry at Blade's antics as the attack continued until Bell ran in for the save. Bell was dressed in street clothes as we turned the tide against the duo as they got of out dodge rather quickly. The crowd exploded when they saw her running to the ring to save the day. I demanded the microphone from the ring announcer.

"Blade, I'm sick of you and sick of of your wife's cheap shots. I'm challenging you and Marti to a mixed tag match for IWF Live special on NBC," I barked at them as I turned around to Veronica. "As for my partner, I'm staring at her right now!" I said as I extended my hand to Veronica. Veronica emphatically shook my hand as the camera switched to Blade and Marti on the ramp, livid.

I dropped the microphone and turned around to stare at the duo as the announcers put over the big tag match. In the background, Veronica picked up my title and was staring down at it. I turned around and feigned shock at what I was seeing as I asked for my title. She gave it to me with an annoyed smile as she picked up the microphone as I prepared to leave. I had one foot out the door when grabbed my shoulder and motioned me to come back in.

"Damien, I respect you as champion. I know you respect me as champion and we're the flag barriers for the company. As I stared down into that belt, I thought of all the challengers I've vanquished over the past year. I've been a fighting champion but I want to prove myself as the greatest champion in the history of this company, so I'm laying out a challenge. To you," Veronica stated as a hush fell over the crowd.

"At Super Spectacular XX, I'm issuing a challenge for the IWF World Championship! You and me, one-on-one to see who the better champion is," Bell stated as the crowd exploded. The announcers sold it perfectly with a mix of shock and enthusiasm. I played up the idea that I was contemplating my decision. I stuck out my hand and mouthed to Veronica that we had a deal as the crowd went wild. The show ended with the two of us staring at each other, soaking in the crowd's admiration.

The sheets didn't see it coming, neither did the fans. The hashtag ChampionvsChampion was trending and about thirty minutes after the show ended, the IWF website confirmed that we'd be meeting in the main event. The next day, we met for a contract signing that would air "live" on the IWF website that night. We both dressed in formal attire, belts on our shoulder as we signed the contact in-front of Raymond and other officials. Flash bulbs went off as stood side by side and two posters dropped for the show. The prototype poster and an IWF Shop exclusive poster. The company commissioned Drew Struzan to create a beautiful hand painted poster. Only fifty of them were made and we charged fifty dollars for them. We both received complimentary posters but those babies sold out in a day.

The match was the talk of the wrestling world and the reaction was similar to boy's reaction. You either loved the match and thought it would be an amazing and ground breaking affair. Or you hated the idea of the match itself and thought we'd botch the build-up and make the industry look awful. Most inter-gender matches are booked to be one side male dominated beat downs until the female rallies, so we were walking on very thin ice. We wanted to break the stereotype and booking it as a face vs face match helped. The mainstream media, skewered us of course. They didn't bother to reach out to anybody in the company and played up the violence against woman angle. We understood that this would happen and a very media outlets defended us, including ESPN. Parcell advised that we shouldn't speak and put a press release defending the match. It didn't help to turn the tide, but we were confident that we could prove them wrong with a competitive and amazing match.

That day, we took part in the photo shoot to hype the match and the atmosphere was loose. I showed up in my gear which was nothing fancy. Black tights with red and white streaks on each side and black boots with the D.S. initials sewn on. I had my belt with me and Bell arrived with her belt and wearing her gear. Bell's black hair was in a ponytail (As was mine) and she wore a black and silver top with matching spandex tights. Bell was in shape with washboard abs and a very tight body overall. We started with the two of us standing in-front of each other holding out belts in the air with one hand. We took one of her staring up at me, a side-by-side, a mock tug-of-war and the two of us back-to-back. After the shoot was over, we took some funny photos including Parcell with both belts and just goofing off in general.

Excerpt from a IWF.com with Raymond Parcell in December 2016
Quote:

*Looking at the outtake photos* It was a hoot. Well, sometimes you need to have fun while creating fun and that's what we did. That day, we also set up a date at my house to lay out the match pool side since that was the tradition for the Super Spectacular main event. Usually, we'd meet a month out but we'd meet on March 27th,the Sunday before the card. It was unprecedented but I felt that we needed to keep the finish a secret. I even decided the rehearsal for the match would take place not at the arena, but at the ballroom at the Holiday Inn in Rosemont, thirty minutes away. The finish would be revealed on a need-to-know basis to prevent it from being leaked to the internet. The run sheet that I presented to my agent at the production meeting the afternoon before just had the match listed, the match time and ref. No agent assigned to the match, just the three of us laying out the match. We were hellbent on keeping the finish a secret to surprise the fans and all I knew was that Veronica was winning and we'd have a post-match ceremony. I didn't want to know the finish, I wanted to be surprised, just like everybody else. I think all the secrecy paid off in my opinion.
Up next, Part Three: Tag Team Mayhem, Interviews, Laying Out The Match and Super Spectacular Weekend
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Sep-16, 05:24
gameking

Excerpt from "A Champions Fight: My Life in Pro Wrestling" by Richard "Damien Sinclair" Worthington

Quote:

Chapter 26

On March 4th, I was sitting inside the United Center for the Super Spectacular XX press conference along with Raymond, Veronica and former wrestler turned announcer William St. Cloud. St. Cloud had announced the first five Super Spectacular shows before having a massive falling out with Raymond over pay. St. Cloud played a vital role in getting the product over, calling the matches like a real announcer while triumphing and justifying the heels actions and deriding the faces for breaking the rules. St. Cloud went on to win the mayorship of his hometown of Milwaukee, Wisconsin in a shocking 2004 election night upset. Despite the national attention St. Cloud received, the rift between the two was so deep that Parcell refused to run a show in Milwaukee in-order to piggy back off St. Cloud's celebrity. Parcell's secretary wrote a letter congratulating him and had Parcell sign it. St. Cloud held the job until losing in 2012 election and kept himself busy by appearing as a talking head on various political shows. St. Cloud and Parcell started talking at the end of 2015 and they came to terms on a deal in February. It was kept secret until a week before the press conference. It was short term deal starting with him calling the mixed tag match, moderating a sit-down interview with the two of us hyping the main event, appearing at Madison Square Garden for "William St. Cloud Appreciation Night" and calling Super Spectacular XX. St. Cloud was born with a sharp tongue, possessed a high IQ and you never knew what he say when he was presented with an open microphone.

St. Cloud stole the show at the press conference and helped to stem the tide of negative press we had received for making the match. A few old-timers derided the match as a publicity stunt and St. Cloud referred to them as being stuck in the past. He put over the two of us as being elite athletes citing Veronica's track and field career and my amateur wrestling career. St. Cloud and Parcell bantered back and forth with the former announcer taking credit to turning Parcell's hair grey and even messed up his perfectly coiffed head of hair. When it came for me and Veronica to answer questions, we were both cordial towards each over and I came off as a bit cocky while Veronica was up-and-coming challenger. We posed for pictures and boarded the companies private plane with Parcell, heading for the "IWF Live" special. The flight was fun as we barely talked about the match as we talked about our family lives and having drinks. Seeing the usually uptight boss cutting loose was a "hoot" if I could his own words. I was dead tired when I arrived in Los Angeles and didn't get much for sleep at the hotel.

The "IWF Live" special on NBC emanated from The Forum in Inglewood, California on March 5th and we drew a sell-out of 17,500 fans. The talent was required to arrive at noon, but the participants in the mixed tag team match were asked to arrive at ten for rehearsal. The ring crew had just finished putting the ring together as we did a basic run-through of the match and post match angle. Marti was a very limited worker so she would be in the ring with Veronica for a very limited period of time using basic offense. I would be working a good majority of the match with Johnny and Veronica would pick up the win with the Bell Ringer (Kryptonite Crunch) on Marti. The rehearsal went well and I requested to see Raymond in his office for a one-on-one meeting. We broke for lunch for thirty minutes and I met with Parcell in his office. I had two topics I wanted to speak with him about. First, I wanted to take an extended break after the show. Second, I wanted to speak with him about the length of the match. I met with Veronica in an unused office and pitched the idea of the two of us going fifty-eight minutes. She seemed concerned at first after I explained that we'd structure the match properly so we wouldn't blow-up halfway through. We both possessed great cardio, so why not show it off? We sat down and Parcell asked me if I thought the mixed tag match would be a success. I said it was going to be a good match since the crowd will be hot and the post match angle is key to whether the match would be a success or not. He also said we'd be taking the mixed-tag match on the road over until Super Spectacular which was fine with me. The matches would be easy and we could play up tension between the two of us.

"I want to take some time off after Super Spectacular," I said cutting to the chase.

"How long?" Ray said fishing for a response.

"Six months," I said bluntly as Ray swallowed his tongue for a moment. Ray was looking for what to say as I waited for his response.

"Well, this messes with what I had laid out for the next year. Depending on how Veronica does as champion, you would be in line to get the belt back in October. You two would finish up the trilogy at the next Super Spectacular and I was thinking it would be your last match," Raymond said catching me out of nowhere. I had considered retirement, but I wanted to go out on my own terms. "If you want the time off, you can have it and we can reevaluate our plans closer to when you return. Give me a few days and I'll concoct an angle that can give you a reason to exit out of the picture the night after the show. We have some up-and-coming heels that could use the rub by taking you out," Raymond said.

"If we do that, the focus won't be on Veronica being champion. It'll be on what happened to me and the long-term focus will be on my return, not Veronica's historic win. We do this and Veronica is sabotaged out of the gate and I guarantee you, you'll be on the phone with me looking to put the belt back on me for a fifth time," I responded praying that Parcell wouldn't explode into a volcanic rage over what I just said.

"Alright smart guy, what would you do?" Raymond asked in an annoyed voice.

"It's simple. We write up an article for the site saying that I am taking time off to rehab some nagging injuries.We put it up on the morning after the show, the announcers bring it up during the show and that's it. I temporarily ride into the sunset until fall," I said completing my pitch as Raymond contemplated what I had laid out.

"Let's go with it!" Raymond said excitedly. "Anything else you want to talk about?" Raymond asked.

"I wanted to talk about the length of the match. I know the main event for Super Spectacular shows run about twenty-five to thirty minutes. We've never had a main event go past that thirty minute mark despite having a sixty-minute time limit set. With the card being four hours this year, I want to go....fifty-eight minutes. We have the cardio to go that long without being visibly gassed and we'll structure the match in a way that'll keep the fans guessing the entire time. Once we hit that forty-five minute mark, fans will expect the match to be over soon. Once we hit fifty minutes, everybody is going to expect a draw, a bullshit finish so that neither one of us will lose. At the fifty-eight minute mark, I'll sen-" I was interrupted by Raymond.

"You've got it, just don't reveal the damn finish to me!" Raymond said laughing as we shook hands. I exited the room excited that we could go longer than thirty minutes. I tracked down Veronica and gave her the thumbs up and both agreed that we'd need to hit the gym hard to work on cardio.
Excerpt from the Wrestling Observer issue covering the IWF Live Special and The Injury

Quote:
Damien Sinclair and Veronica Bell defeated
Johnny Blade and Marti at 13:32: During the commercial break, they introduced William St. Cloud to a huge reaction from the fans. Cloud looked genuinely moved by the reaction as he took his seat at the announce table. Cloud was a bit rusty at the first calling the match with Nick West, but got comfortable as the match went on. Cloud played up the idea that there was tension between the two and it would boil up to the surface tonight. The duo showed good chemistry as West understands that his role is to be Cloud's straight man. Blade and Marti got their usual large amount of heat from the fans, Blade wore a throwback Larry Bird jersey to rouse some cheap heat from the fans. Bell came out first and got a large reaction from the fans and it was a bigger pop than Sinclair. Sinclair seemed annoyed by the fans reaction, but I was told that his reaction was pre-planned. The match was alright since Marti isn't a great worker and Blade is nothing special. Marti mostly took short cuts against Bell and got her shots in on Sinclair whenever she could. About halfway through, Damien went for a belly-to-back suplex but Blade flipped over and whipped Sinclair into the ropes. Sinclair ran into Bell and she was knocked off into the apron and sent into the announce table. The bump looked nasty as Bell's right side took all the punishment and looked to be legitimately hurt. St. Cloud was shocked by the bump so I'd bet money on the table bump being a botch. Bell stayed on the floor until the end of the match as Blade and Marti double teamed Damien. Bell managed to get onto the apron and got the hot tag and hit Marti with the Bell Ringer for the win. Cloud started to expound onto the idea that Sinclair deliberately ran into Bell in order to take her out of the Super Spectacular main event.

As Bell and Sinclair celebrated with their belts, Marti and Blade attacked the duo from behind. Marti's blows were visually weak in order to protect Bell. Bell and Sinclair ran the heels off and while Sinclair was jaw jacking with Blade, Bell picked up the World Championship and stared at it. When Sinclair turned around, he wasn't shocked like the first time he was a mixture of angry and annoyed. Sinclair demanded that Bell relinquish the title, but she kept staring at it. Sinclair went to take his belt back, but Bell refused to give it up. The two of them engaged in a tug-of-war with the crowd buzzing. Cloud was screaming that one of them should throw a damn punch. Sinclair got the belt back as he put it on his shoulder, patted it and mouthed that it was his. Bell responded with a powerful pat as she picked up her belt and left. St. Cloud was annoyed that they didn't get into a fight and he'd be getting answers from the two of them whether they like it or not. I give it *** for the post match angle alone.*Parcell was angry and the confronted the two of them, accusing them of going into business for themselves. They both claimed innocence and Parcell believed them. The table bump did receive some negative publicity from some sites, but it wasn't a tidal wave like many in the company expected.

Bell is out for two weeks with a bruised right kidney that resulted with blood in her urine. The company is changing the main event's for the next month to Sinclair vs Blade since Bell is on the sidelines. When Bell is cleared, she's expected to work short matches with Marti and participate in a non-wrestling capacity in the main event. Originally, the plan was to take the NBC match on the road but MSG will only see the rematch on Easter weekend. Parcell wants Bell to be fully healed before returning to the ring. The company will be filming sit down interview with the two on the March 21st edition of IWF BattleStars with St. Cloud moderating. It's expected that they won't touch each other in the build-up using sit down interviews and training montages to build the match.
Veronica Bell and Damien Sinclair Interview Segment from IWF BattleStars on March 21st

Quote:

We see a graphic that says "EARLIER TODAY" on the bottom left hand corner with three comfy chairs filled by three notable people. In the middle chair, William St. Cloud is seated dressed in a maroon leather jacket and jeans. In the left chair is IWF World Champion Damien Sinclair, wearing a collared shirt and jeans. The IWF World Championship is seated on his lap. In the right chair is IWF Women's Champion Veronica Bell, dressed in a chic leather jacket, jeans and a t-shirt. Much like her Super Spectacular XX opponent, Bell has the IWF Women's Championship seated on her lap. This is the first time we've seen Bell since the IWF Live special. We see the Super Spectacular XX poster and blown up stills of the two competitors in the background.

St Cloud: Folks, we are two weeks away from Super Spectacular XX and quite possibly the most anticipated main event in IWF history. For the first time in company history, we're going to see a Champion vs Champion match between Damien Sinclair and Veronica Bell. Before they step into the ring, they're stepping into my ring *St. Clair points at himself* for a sit-down interview. My first question goes to Miss Bell. How is your kidney and have you been cleared for action?

Bell: I have a hundred percent clean bill of health as of Friday morning. I've been hitting the gym, trying to get back in shape.

St. Cloud looks to ask his next question when Sinclair interrupts and St. Clair glares at him.

Sinclair: I'm happy that you have a clean bill of health, Veronica.

St. Cloud: Sinclair, since you want to talk out of turn, you can answer the next question. You've been the champion four times and your legacy has been said to be set in stone. I disagree. In my time, you would have been a preliminary boy and carrying my bags into the arena. My question to you Sinclair is how do you think your legacy will be looked at after the final bell on the 3rd?

Sinclair: Well, that's a stirring endorsement if I ever heard one. I wanna address this rumor that you spread that I deliberately ran into Veronica on NBC in-order to soften her up. That's bull. I want Veronica to be a hundred percent going into this match. Listen, you can say that I'd be a preliminary boy in your era but my legacy is set in stone. I'm a four time World Champion and I beat top flight competition every time. Last time I checked, you won zero world championships. Whether I win or lose, I'll be known as a fighting champion who took on all comers. That's why I accepted the challenge of Bell. If I win, I defeated one of the best wrestlers in this business, but there won't be any excuses if I lose. This isn't boxing when a boxer loses and his trainer starts to talk about how he was fighting injured to save face. I just hope Veronica has the same mentality if she loses.

Bell: There won't be any excuses from me.

St. Cloud: I expect decorum towards a man such as myself, so I'm putting you on notice. Treat me with respect or you can leave. My question goes to Veronica. Was your challenge to Sinclair an idea you considered for a period of time?

Bell: I've teamed up with Sinclair a few times since there's a certain allure to seeing the top two champions teaming up to turn back challengers. I consider Sinclair to be a friend and I hope he considers me one but something took over inside of me when I picked that belt up. In that moment, I knew that it was a make it or break it moment. I could either issue the challenge or just give the belt back and walk away and I choose to issue the challenge.

Sinclair: I do consider Veronica to still be a friend and I hope were still friends after April 3rd. As for Veronica picking the title up, I knew when I turned around and saw her holding the belt, I knew it was on. Some people have tried to figure out my reaction but I'll reveal how I was feeling. Annoyed. Plain and simple. What you did was out of line. When I fought for that belt and you see somebody holding what I worked for staring at the belt like that, I'm going to be one ornery human being.

Bell: I don't think I was out of line when I picked that title up. You may have worked hard to earn that title, but I started off at the bottom in this industry and clawed my way to the top. So if you're trying to belittle what I've accomplished in this industry, then Super Spectacular XX is starting a few weeks early.

Sinclair: I'm not belittling what you've accomplished in this business, but it comes down to a lack of respect on your end. I consider you to be the greatest Women's Champion in company history and if Layla Ortiz over in Hollywood wants to have a hissy fit over that, I don't care.

St. Cloud: I presume Parcell fed you that line, Damien. I've seen that the mood in the room has changed and I for one, like it. This is a question for the two of you, what's your strategy going into the match?

Bell: I know that Sinclair is considered to be a war horse and is considered to be a crafty in-ring veteran. I know that I can't be put into a compromising position because I made a mistake. I need to work smart in this match or I won't be walking out of Chicago with the belt.

Sinclair: I've been watching some of Veronica's matches and I can admit that I don't see many holes in her game. Veronica is a great all around wrestler, but cardio is going to play a HUGE factor in this match. You can be fresh as a daisy fifteen minutes in, but I'm taking you into deep waters if I can. I wanna see how Miss Track and Field is doing at the thirty-five minute mark. It's gonna be a war on the 3rd and I'm going to walk out of the United Center with MY title.

Bell: It'll be a war and only one of us will be left standing and that person will be me, with all due respect.

The camera pans out as The Super Spectacular theme begins to play full blast as St. Cloud tries to get some last words in. The two champions are staring at each other as we fade to black.
Excerpt's from the Wrestling Observer issue covering William St. Cloud Appreciation Night at MSG.

Quote:

William St. Cloud Appreciation Night at Madison Square Garden drew 19,742 fans. Before intermission, they did a segment honored William St. Cloud and it was said to be fantastic. Raymond Parcell came out and talked openly about his relationship with William and the ups and downs they had. Parcell admitted that he takes responsibility for the two having a falling out and regrets waiting so long to mend fences. Parcell introduced St. Cloud to a huge ovation from the crowd and the two embraced in a moment that many thought would never happen. St. Cloud was wearing his iconic pink suit, tie-dye bandanna and feather boa with sunglasses. St. Cloud's speech was fantastic too as he talked about how he missed wrestling and used him time away from the ring to let go of the grudges he developed in wrestling. St. Cloud talked about how being a grandpa opened his eyes. St. Cloud said the he called Parcell and the conversations started tense but they agreed to bury the hatchet so he could call Super Spectacular XX. St. Could doesn't know if he's going to around after the show, but this is a great way to end his career in the World's Most Famous Arena. Powerful stuff.

The main event was the IWF Live main event rematch seeing Damien Sinclair and Veronica Bell defeating Johnny Blade and Marti. This was much better than the NBC match. They played up the tensions between the two champions throughout the match with emphatic tags between the two. At one point, Bell was looking to tag Sinclair and Sinclair seemed leery to tag in. Blade and Marti took advantage of the tension between the two and dominated most of the match. They reenacted the NBC bump, this time with Bell running into Sinclair. Marti was tagged in, charged the Sinclair and raked him in the eyes. Since Bell was required to enter by rule, Sinclair was out of position, so Marti deliberately threw Bell into him. Sinclair bumped intro the railing hard, bringing it down as Bell looked concerned. The match ended moments later when Bell reversed an O'Connor Roll with one of her own for the victory.

As she was celebrating on the second turnbuckle, Sinclair entered the ring and pulled her down. Sinclair accused her of running into him on purpose as she proclaimed her innocence. The innocence turned to trash talking between the two as they engaged in a long stare down, going head to head. The crowd seemed ready to explode at the notion of the two of them finally throwing down but Parcell, St. Cloud and other officials came to the ringside and looked ready to break things up. Sinclair raised his title high in the air and while he did get cheered, you could hear some boos from the crowd. Bell did the same thing to a rousing ovation as Sinclair left first. Great segment that was shown on the go-home episode of BattleStars.
Interview with Veronica Bell from "The Innovator: The Best of Veronica Bell" DVD released by the IWF in 2017

Quote:
Take us through laying out the match at Parcell's house.

Well, Parcell had a limo pick Damien and myself up at six in the morning to take us to his house in Utica. It's about a four hour ride, so we talked about what we wanted to do in the match in the beginning. We managed to lay out the finish of the match, which was big. Damien told some stories about his various visits to Parcell's house, how he actually books by the pool, how to act and how to dress. Damien was dressed in a light blue business casual shirt with a white dress shirt and dress shoes. I was dressed in jeans, a sweater and a t-shirt. We got there around nine-thirty and his butler brought us to the pool. It was nice and breezy outside and Parcell came to the pool wearing dress slacks and shirt. He saw what I was wearing and I felt like I was going to melt into the chair when he said sternly "I don't like my World Champion's dressing that way". I apologized and quickly realized that he just told me that I was getting the title. That's his sense of humor I guess and I smiled widely when I realized. Raymond smiled back and so did Damien when I told him.

Words cannot describe the feeling inside me as Parcell explained that I was going over. Parcell had made his mind up after the original meeting and asked Damien to not break the news that I was getting the belt. They both told me about the responsibilities that would be thrust upon me and that I'd have high expectations in and out of the ring. I didn't say anything since I wanted to absorb what I was hearing. I knew a lot of weight was being put on my shoulders and I wanted them to be proud of me.

As for laying out the match, everything just flowed. Raymond veto'd one spot and threw a few ideas of his own in. We planned everything out from the entrances to the opening few moments but Raymond refused to hear the finish. The only point of contention between the three of us was the post match celebration. Well, it was more between Damien and Raymond. Raymond wanted Damien to get up after the match, go to the outside, grab the belt and take a long look into it before handing the belt to me in a passing of the torch moment but Damien refused it. Damien's logic was that if he did that, the attention would be on himself the whole time and not on my victory. Damien just wanted to do a handshake and leave the ring and let me have my moment. Raymond didn't back down but Damien didn't until Damien threatened to toss Ray into the pool. That got Raymond to back down!

Overall, it was a great experience.

Up Next: Super Spectacular XX Weekend, Champion vs Champion
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Sep-17, 03:21
gameking

Excerpt from "A Champions Fight: My Life in Pro Wrestling" by Richard "Damien Sinclair" Worthington

Quote:
Paranoia had overtaken the IWF offices when it came to the main event of Super Spectacular. After the go-home show, it was announced that win/lose/draw that Bell would be vacating the IWF Women's Championship after the match was over. It was done to throw off any suspicion that we'd book a draw or a schmooz finish with both of us keeping our titles. I had taken on the role of being the agent for the match by default. The IWF held their annual Fan Fest from Friday to Sunday at the UIC Pavillion and I was scheduled to do a four-hour autograph signing along with Veronica that Saturday afternoon. After that, we'd be whisked away to go through our a match at a secure location. Raymond put my entire family in a suite at the Hilton by the arena along with Veronica but this was going to be exhausting. I was already running on fumes from working out like a madman trying to match Veronica in the cardio department and was down from 237 pounds to a svelte 225 pounds. Why did I agree to go almost sixty minutes with somebody who could've qualified for the Olympics? I had fun at the autograph signing, posing for pictures and going through two sharpies. Veronica had a bigger line with plenty of female fans and some male fans, but I'm not one to judge. I went back to the hotel room and waited to be whisked off to the "secure location" to run through the match with Raymond. I got the text, was told to take a side exit and a car would be waiting for me in the back of the hotel. It was a beautiful limousine and I could only roll my eyes as Veronica did the same thing as we drove to Milwaukee of all places to run through the match. I'm serious. I love Milwaukee. The crowds are always enthusiastic and the food is pretty good. Try Ned's. Good thin crust pizza but this was bordering on insanity. We drove a total of three hours and then laid out the match twice for Raymond. I can understand why he was being so secretive about the match, he was taking a huge risk and if it failed, this would set the company back by a few years. I came back to the hotel and I was exhausted, crashing on a comfy couch for an hour before going out to dinner with my family. I went to bed around ten-thirty and got up the next day at five-fifteen, feeling barely refreshed.

I was anxious as we arrived at the arena. My kids were happy that they were meeting all their favorite wrestlers and they treated my kids rather well. Everybody else stationed in the auxiliary locker rooms at The United Center while I was stationed in the same locker room that the Bulls and Blackhawks change in. Chills came down my spine when I walked into the room. Veronica was there too and I think Raymond was paranoid that somebody might get in my ear about going into business for myself. The show was playing in the room but neither of us was paying attention as we were verbally running through the match one last time. We tweaked a few spots to add some drama and excitement to possible dull moments. To be honest, we barely watched the show as we just talked about everything except for wrestling. Bell was dressed in a black/silver get-up and looked to be in the fantastic shape for this match. I had a special black robe with red trim made for the match with my name written on the back of it in diamond. The penultimate match finished up and they cut to a segment St. Cloud and West talking about the main event before going to a beautiful video package. The package was set to "The Ecstacy of Gold" by the legendary Ennio Morricone with photos of the two of us growing up and our various victories in the company. There was a knock on the door and the PA called for Veronica first as she grabbed her belt and exited the room. A camera crew would be following her to ringside in a tracking shot with dramatic music playing. Ray didn't overuse this technique and reserved it for the truly big matches and I felt it added a bit of flair to the match. Veronica stopped at the gorilla position as the camera cut to ringside for her entrance. Bell told me later that Ray was giving her a last minute piece of advice. His advice was simple: Pace yourself. It's a big match, don't gas yourself out in the first half of the match. Her music hit, a catchy pop song that I found myself singing one too many times on the road and backstage. She came out to a thunderous ovation from the fans, slapping hands and looking to be in the best shape of her life. As she finished up her entrance, I heard the knock too as my son volunteered to wrap the belt around my waist and I put the robe on. The walk wasn't long but it felt like it took forever as I finally made it to the gorilla as the camera cut to ringside. Ray came up to me and give me a quick hug and thanked me for everything I had done for him. We both knew this was going to be my last match as my music began to play. My theme song wasn't anything catchy but it matched me no frills character as I came out a rousing ovation from the fans. Chicago was a great town for me as I came into the ring and went to my corner.

(From here, we go from the book to the actual match)
West: The two champions have made their entrances and it is now time for the most anticipated match in IWF history.

St. Cloud: Excuse me West, but am I in the match?

West: No.

St. Cloud. Then it isn't the most anticipated match in IWF history.

West: *Exasperated sigh* Let's go to Bill Evans, our ring announcer for the introductions. I don't know what I did to draw this assignment.

St. Cloud: Parcell knows what you did.

The microphone lowered from the ceiling as the immaculately dressed Evans looked over at both competitors before he made his introductions.

Evans: Ladies and gentlemen, this is the main event of the evening! Sanctioned by IWF Board of Directors, this match is scheduled for one fall with a sixty-minute time limit! It is my pleasure to introduce the challenger. Hailing from the Inland Empire, she makes her residence in San Bernadino County. A former Pac-12 Champion in track and field, She weighed in tonight at 121 pounds and her height is five feet, seven inches tall. A seven year veteran of the ring, she has held the IWF Women's Championship for a record breaking 722 days and tonight vacates her championship in pursuit of becoming the first female wrestler to hold a World Championship. VERONICA BELL!

Bell undid her belt and handed it to the ref as the crowd voraciously cheered for the challenge.

Evan: And now, the champion. He hails from Carthage, New York and is considered by many to be the greatest champion in IWF history. He has held the IWF World Championship a record breaking four times and weighed in tonight at 225 pounds. He is six feet tall and looks to cement his legacy tonight in one of the biggest matches in IWF history. DAMIEN SINCLAIR!

Sinclair's ovation is on the same level rivals the ovation Bell received as he takes off his robe to reveal plain old black trunks and boots. The belt is wrapped around his waist as he undoes the belt and stares at it for a moment before he hands it to the ref. The ref holds the belt high in the air as he calls for the bell.

DING!

St. Cloud: Early on, I think Bell will be able to dictate the pace but the longer this match goes, I believe Sinclair will thrive.

West: You can't forget Bell's background in track and field.

St. Cloud: I didn't but Sinclair has the main event advantage that Bell lacks. He's been in this spot before and this is Bell's first PPV main event and it happens to occur at the biggest show of the year.

Both fighters are gun shy as the feeling out process begins, cameras are going off at a record pace. Bell tries for a headlock but Sinclair slips out of it right away and backs off for a moment. They engage in a collar-elbow tie-up and Bell drives the champion into the corner as the ref breaks it up right away. Bell takes the middle of the ring as Sinclair takes a moment to engage with Bell once more. Sinclair initiates a collar-elbow tie-up and shows his strength as he pushes Bell across the ring with ease. Bell tumbles to the corner but quickly resets herself as Sinclair walks back and forth. Bell looks to initiate another tie-up but shocks the champion with a surprise arm drag much to the crowd's delight. Sinclair smiles for a moment as he gets back up and approaches Bell, looking to engage again. This time though, Sinclair quickly gets behind Bell and hits a quick roll-up that only draws one count. Bell smiles realizing that she had been duped by the veteran. Bell comes forward and Sinclair goes behind the challenger right away but he isn't going for another roll-up. Sinclair attempts a back suplex but Bell performs an impressive backflip and lands on her feet like a cat. Before Sinclair makes his next move, Bell nails a picture perfect dropkick to the champions back as she stumbles through the middle rope and outside the ring. The champ is hurting as Bell is apprehensive to go outside as the ref starts the required twenty count. Sinclair gets back up and Bell comes forward as he attempts to grab her boot but she jumps away. Bell looks ready to go outside but the ref tells her to back up as Sinclair enters the ring at the five count. Bell makes the mistake of charging the champion and Sinclair uses her momentum to execute a picture perfect hip toss. Bell nearly slid into the ring post but managed to avoid it just barely. Sinclair goes to Bell and tries another one but Bell gets her hand on the top rope preventing the move. Sinclair, in a moment of frustration, kicks the arm of Bell causing her to yell in pain as Sinclair hits another hip-toss. The crowd did not like that, not one bit.

St. Cloud: I was waiting for this moment West. Enough with the pleasantries, I want to see a down and dirty fight between the two.

The ref admonishes Sinclair for his actions as Bell is back up and takes the center of the ring. Sinclair tries an Irish Whip but Bell reverses sending him into the corner as she charges him. Sinclair jumps up and traps the challenger for a surprise sunset flip but Bell gets both hands on the ropes to block it. Bell launches a rocket launcher of a punch to the nose of the champion. The ref admonishes Bell for usage of a closed fist as she backs away from Sinclair. Sinclair gets back up and seems to be groggy for a moment before shaking it off. Bell comes right at him and unloads on the champion with a series of forearms that Sinclair is barely blocking as the crowd is unsure how to act. There are some cheers but some scattered boos as she whips the champion into the ropes. Bell jumps up in the air and nails the champion with a perfect Frankensteiner and grabs onto the legs but Sinclair kicks out at two. Bell is on fire as she motions for the champion to get back up as he rises to one and nails Sinclair with a picture perfect dropkick to the chest that sends Sinclair back down to the mat, clutching his chest. Bell grabs the champion to get him up but Sinclair dumps her over the top rope with a backdrop and Bell falls nearly ten feet to the floor. Bell hits the floor with a hard thud as the crowd groans as the backdrop is replayed on the big screen.

West: A desperate move by the champion in my mind.

St. Cloud: A smart move, not a desperate move by the champion. Bell started to gain momentum and by dumping her to the floor, Sinclair can gain his bearings and he resets the pace of this match.

Bell is hurt but Sinclair isn't going after her on the outside. One mistake and Bell could end taking a big move on the floor or tasting the steel from the railing or steps. Bell is slow to get back up and once she does, she rolls back into the ring at the count of five. Sinclair takes control as she lifts her to her feet and sends her to the mat with a bodyslam and takes off into the ropes. Sinclair nails an impressive leg drop right across the chest of Bell and goes for the cover. Sinclair only gets one and right away snatches the challenger in a chin lock. Bell is in pain but she quickly gets back to her feet as Sinclair goes for a headlock but Bell sends him into the ropes. Sinclair is coming at the champion at a hundred miles an hour as Bell displays her impressive athleticism with a leapfrog. Sinclair hits the ropes again and comes towards Bell as she nails a no-look leap frog and looks ready to catch the rebounding champion in a move but he snatches her into a surprisingly small package that nets a one count. Both competitors are showing signs of frustration at this point. Sinclair seems unable to keep with Bell's athleticism and Bell is falling for Sinclair's tricks. Sinclair whips Bell into the corner but eats two boots to the face as he stumbles backward and it didn't taste well by the look on the champ's face. Bell climbs to the second ropes and attempts a diving clothesline but the champion sidesteps her at the last moment, Bell eating the mat. Sinclair lifts the champion off the mat but Bell lifts the champion onto her shoulders for the Bell Ringer as the crowd is shocked. Sinclair slides out of it and brings Bell down with a sunset flip but the challenger rolls out of it right away. Sinclair gets back up and Bells grabs him for a bodyslam but Sinclair slides out and hooks the arms for the Double Arm DDT! The crowd is in a furor but Bell breaks free of it and pushes the champion into the ropes. Bell drops down and brings Sinclair down with a drop toe hold and takes off into the ropes. Bell nails a picture perfect running somersault senton on the champions back who screams in pain. Sinclair rolls onto his back as Bell takes off again for the senton but the champion brings his knees up at the last moment. Bell rolls out of the ring in great pain as Sinclair gets back up and leans against the ropes across from Bell. When Bell is finally to her feet, Sinclair takes off like a rocket and catches Bell straight in the sternum with a nasty baseball slide, sending the challenger to the floor. Bell is clutching her chest as we see the replay of Sinclair's boots smashing into the sternum. The ref starts the count as Sinclair goes under the ropes to the floor as he stares at the steel steps menacingly. Sinclair helps Bell to her feet and whips her into the steps but Bell shows off her fantastic athleticism and jumps onto the steel steps at the last moment. Sinclair charges and doesn't have time to put on the brakes as Bell executes a MOONSAULT of all moves from off the steps! The crowd becomes unglued as the replay is shown numerous times from various different angles as we see that both competitors are down and out. Bell gets up at the count of six and rolls Sinclair into the ring and tries for the cover but only gets the one count.

Evans: Ten minutes have expired, fifty minutes remain. Ten minutes have expired, fifty minutes remain.

Bell gets Sinclair to his feet and pushes him into the corner and lights him up with a series of knife edge chops. The sound of hand smacking chest is heard throughout the building as Sinclair can only absorb the punishment. Bell climbs onto the second rope and begins to unleash the tradition ten count punches as the crowd cheers along with every blow.

St. Cloud: It seems like the ref is willing to let them bend the rules a bit and I don't like it one bit. Call the match down the line pal and you'll find yourself bagging groceries at the Piggly Wiggly.

At the ninth punch, Sinclair sneaks out from beneath Bell and grabs both legs and sends Bell off the ropes with her face smashing the top turnbuckle. The crowd does not like that as Sinclair grabs Bell around the waist and drops her with a back couple and bridges it for only a two count as Sinclair smacks the mat in frustration. Sinclair brings Bell to her feet and pushes her into the ropes and lights her up with a series of European Uppercuts, the challenger doing her best to withstand Sinclair's blows. Sinclair whips Bell into the ropes and snatches the rebounding Bell into a sleeper hold, a move that has won maybe 12 matches in the last thirty years. Bell looks to be in good spirits through and is resisting begin rendered unconscious and manages to get her hand on the ropes. The champion gets his hands around Bell's waist but the challenger responds with a couple of quick elbows to the jaw. Bell takes off into the ropes and nails a perfect crossbody with a pin that only gets a two count. Bell is visibly frustrated as she lifts Sinclair to his feet and hits a quick snap suplex with a float over pin but the champion gets his shoulder up again at two. Bell is now stomping on the prone champion who is doing his best to block the kicks as the ref admonishes Bell. Sinclair manages to get ahold of Bell's left foot and gets back to his feet as he spins her around quickly and grabs ahold of her waist and hits a back suplex with Bell's neck bouncing off the ropes and she is hurting.

West: Those ropes are steel cable with rubber around them and Sinclair knows that by dropping Bell neck first on them, he can do some damage.

St. Cloud: He's softening up the neck and I don't blame him.

The ref is checking on Bell and keeping Sinclair at a distance as Bell gets back to her feet and is ready to go. Sinclair is in pursuit mode but Bell chops the champion in the throat and goes for a quick roll-up! Sinclair kicks out as the crowd is shocked by Bell's actions as it seemed desperate. Sinclair is back up as Bell nails the champion with a vicious series of elbows, Bell making sure that she has her free hand in the champs hair to keep him in place. Sinclair is throwing punches too but Bell backs him into the corner and slams his head into the turnbuckle, Bell showing a vicious side right now. The ref tries to break it off but Sinclair pushes his to the side and returns fire with a boot to the stomach that doubles Bell over. Sinclair lands a few crisp rights and lefts that have Bell stumbling backward at the crowd is split at this point. It's just fisticuffs in the middle of the ring with neither competitor willing to give an inch. Sinclair wins out on the brawl and knocks Bell into the ropes but Bell responds with a vicious flying knee that puts Sinclair to the mat. Bell looks a bit relieved that the knee worked and Sinclair looks like he had clock cleaned as Bell tries for a pin but the champion kicks out.

Evans: Twenty minutes have expired, forty minutes remaining. Twenty minutes have expired, forty minutes remaining.

Bell picks Sinclair up for a bodyslam but Sinclair slips out of it AND PLANTS HER A SIT-OUT NECKBREAKER OUT OF NOWHERE! He didn't get all of it but just enough to put Bell down for awhile at both competitors are flat on their backs. The ref starts to count them out as both competitors are back up at the counts of five (Sinclair) and six (Bell). Sinclair goes right after Bell and nails a double under hook suplex and follows that up with a jumping knee to the chest of Bell, causing Bell to clutch her chest as the champion plots out his next move. Sinclair climbs to the second rope, which is a rarity for him as Bell gets back up and walks into a flying shoulder block from him. Sinclair goes for the pinfall but gets nothing out of it as Bell kicked out right away in a surprising moment. Sinclair gets up and this time climbs to the top rope but Bell is up and smashed a punch into Sinclair's gut. The champion is seated on the top rope as Bell climbs onto the second rope but Sinclair hits a couple of headbutts that sends Bell off the ropes, holding her nose as she goes to the apron. Sinclair turns around and slams her head into the turnbuckle and grabs her for a suplex. An audible buzz is building as a struggle ensues between the two of them as Sinclair nearly gets her up but Bell manages to get a leg around the bottom rope to stop it. Bell shows some insanely impressive strength and lifts Sinclair in the air FOR A SUPLEX FROM THE APRON TO THE FLOOR! The crowd is going wild as we see numerous replays of Bell's feat as Sinclair goes from the second rope (Inside the ring) to the floor and he is hurting. The move took a lot of Bell also as she slowly makes her way to the top rope with her back to the champion. Bell is going for a moon sault off the top rope as the camera phones are lighting up the arena and Sinclair is up to his feet as jumps....AND SINCLAIR MOVES OUT OF THE WAY AS BELL WIPES OUT BADLY. The sound of Bell hitting the floor was brutal as the ref, crowd, the announcers and even Sinclair cringed at the sound of flesh hitting the mat. Sinclair is only on his feet because the ring skirt is helping to support him and even he falls to the floor again. The ref starts the count as neither wrestlers are stirring at the count of eight and that is not a good sign at all. Sinclair finally gets back up and rolls into the ring as Bell is finally back up at the count of twelve. Sinclair hits a beautiful plancha bringing all of his weight onto Bell who is sandwiched between Sinclair and the floor. Bell is hurting and Sinclair didn't come out of it unscathed as he rolls the challenger back into the ring.

Evans: Thirty minutes have expired, thirty minutes remaining. Thirty minutes have expired, thirty minutes remaining.

Sinclair pins Bell but she places her foot on the ropes at the last second and the champion is shocked and frustrated. Sinclair waits for Bell to get back up and plants a boot in her gut and grabs her for the Double Arm DDT. He has the arms but Bell frees herself and lifts Sinclair onto her shoulders. Bell Ringer! But Sinclair slips out of it and transitions into a sunset flip but Bell rolls out of it right away and smashes her knee into the nose of Sinclair. That drew a visible groan from the crowd as Bell slowly climbs to the top turnbuckle and waits for Sinclair to rise. Sinclair is up and Bell launches a beautiful missile dropkick that connects perfectly as Sinclair hits the ground like he'd been shot. Sinclair is slow to rise and needs the ropes to get back up as Bell comes right at him and lights him up with a series of chops to the chest. Sinclair tries to dump Bell to the outside with a backdrop but Bell is one step ahead of the champion and lands on the apron. Sinclair turns around and eats a roundhouse kick from Bell as he stumbles backward as Bell springboards to the top ropes and looks to connect with a forearm but Sinclair moves out of the way. Bell nearly crashes and burns but rolls through but turns around and EATS A MASSIVE LARIAT FROM SINCLAIR as both competitors stumble fall to the mat. Sinclair drapes an arm on Bell's chest for the pin but Bell finds it in her to kick out just before the three. Sinclair is up slowly as he signals for the Double Arm DDT and gets ahold of Bell but she frees herself and nails a picture perfect Nothern Lights Suplex but Sinclair kicks out at two. Bell is frustrated as Sinclair is back up and catches a Bell kick and gives her a quick spin as the challenger walks into a vicious choke breaker, a chokeslam modified into a backbreaker but that only gets a two count. Sinclair almost drops the f-word as he picks the challenger up and tries for a bodyslam but Bell turns into a triangle choke out of nowhere! MIDDLE OF THE RING! Sinclair is struggling to escape the hold and seems ready to panic but pins the shoulders of Bell to the mat for a two count. The maneuver gives Sinclair enough time to break free of the hold and rise as Bell is on the warpath throwing a stiff kick to the stomach that pushes Sinclair against the ropes. Bell unloads with a series of Thai style knees as the ref tries to break it up as Sinclair rakes the eyes of Bell to get her off him. It draws some jeers from the crowd as Bell's vision is hindered by the dirty tactic. Sinclair takes off into the ropes and connects with a clothesline to Bell's neck, softening it up for the DDT. Bell gets back up and ducks a punch from the champion and jumps up on his back for a crucifix pin and gets Sinclair down but it only gets a two count.

Evans: Forty minutes have expired, twenty minutes remaining. Forty minutes have expired, twenty minutes remaining.

Bell is slow to rise as Sinclair hooks it but Bell breaks free and lifts the champion into the air and drops him throat first onto the ropes with a violent stun gun. Sinclair stumbles forward, holding his throat as Bell takes off into the ropes and uses it to catch the champion with a springboard back elbow, connecting flush with the champion's jaw. Bell takes off into the ropes again but the elbow fails as Sinclair catches her around the waist and puts her to the floor to suddenly lift her off the mat and plant her right on the back of the head with a DEADLIFT GERMAN SUPLEX. The move took a helluva lot out of Sinclair and isn't able to pin Bell as she gets to both knees. Sinclair is up and grabs her into a suplex but Bell breaks away and pushes Sinclair off him and goes for another kick but Sinclair grabs the boot and eats an enziguri. Sinclair is down as Bell gets him right back up and delivers a series of clotheslines, holding the arm of the champion as he eats four of them in succession.

St. Cloud: Sinclair is on que-

West: You can't say that! This isn't 1985!

St. Cloud: Fine, dream street.

Sinclair is indeed on dream street as Bell lifts Sinclair onto his shoulders for the Bell Ringer! She walks the champion to the middle of the ring in an impressive show of strength as the buzz in the crowd grows to a fever pitch! Sinclair slips out of it! Sinclair turns Bell around...KICK WHAM DOUBLE ARM DDT! HE GOT ALL OF IT AS HE HOOKS THE LEG AS THE CROWD CHANTS WITH THE REF! ONE....TWO.....KICK OUT RIGHT A MOMENT BEFORE THE HAND SLAPS THE MAT! Sinclair sits ups and mouths a certain four letter word. He drags Bell to her feet and pushes her into the corner and stomping the challenger repeatedly while mixing in a few right hands to boot. Bell is pretty much defenseless from the barrage as the ref forces Sinclair off the challenger as Bell slumps into the corner. Bell is up to her feet as Sinclair charges her but eats a stiff boot to the face, you can feel the hatred with that one. Sinclair is back up as Bell unleashes a fury of punches towards the champion whose looking to find an out but can't. Sinclair takes big punches and falls against the ropes, his knees wobbly as he stumbles towards the challenger. He puts up his dukes but it's almost comical as he walks into a suplex by the champion but he miraculously blocks it. Going on instinct almost. He tries one of his own but Bell blocks it and lifts Sinclair high in the air and keeps him there. It's a stalling suplex showing off just how strong the challenger and drops SINCLAIR RIGHT ON HIS HEAD WITH A BRAINBUSTAH! The champ looks to be completely out of it as Bell climbs to the top rope as the anticipation builds. Camera's are going off at a rapid pace as Bell stands up, crosses herself and NAILS A PERFECT 450 SPLASH ON SINCLAIR! Sinclair is badly hurt and it looked like Bell's knee might have grazed the head of the champion along with the fact that his stomach nearly imploded from the impact. Bell goes for the pin....ONE...TWO....NO! Sinclair's arm is underneath the ropes and that is technically a rope break in the match as Bell looks livid. Bell is arguing semantics with the ref as Sinclair ropes to the outside and looks concussed at this point.

Evans: Fifty minutes have expired, ten minutes remaining. Fifty minutes have expired, ten minutes remaining.

West: If you were Bell, would you start to panic at this point?

St. Cloud: I would not, she still has ten minutes to find a way to win. If this match hits the fifty-five-minute mark, then I'd start to panic.

Sinclair is being held up by the railing as the ref starts the count and he looks to be content to ride this count out. Bell finally goes to the outside at the count of six and rolls Sinclair into the ring. Bell is on the apron and climbs to the top rope once more and hits the still hurt champion with a perfect crossbody but Sinclair rolls through! The ref is poised to the count the pin but he tries to deadlift Bell off the ground but the challenger's maneuvers her way into a small package! Before the ref can even count, Sinclair reverses it and places Bell on her shoulders as the ref makes the count. ONE! TWO! KICK OUT! The two of them are back up to their feet but Sinclair boots Bell in the gut, bending her. The champion puts her head between his legs and tries to lift her but Bell drops her weight as Sinclair responds with a few choice clubbing blows to the back. Sinclair tries again but he fails as Bell tries to backdrop him but can't do it. Back to square one but Sinclair lifts Bell and drills her with A VIOLENT SPIKED PILEDRIVER! A move that is almost never seen in the company but the champion is looking to pull out all the stops at this point. Bell's head bounced off the mat like a basketball and looks to be completely out of it. Sinclair goes for a rather half-assed pin and Gorilla Monsoon would scold him for days for doing that. Bell barely gets the shoulder up before the three count, but she looks to be out of it. Sinclair is back up and has a look of pure shock on his face as he drags Bell to the corner and slowly climbs to the top rope.

Evans: Fifty-five minutes have expired, five minutes remaining. Fifty-five minutes have expired, five minutes remaining.

St. Cloud: Panic time.

Sinclair soaks in the atmosphere as he stands up and looks at the crowd and jumps off THE TOP ROPE WITH A SHOOTING STAR SPLASH! BUT HE MISSES! SINCLAIR IS CLUTCHING HIS CHEST AS BELL IS BACK UP AND LIFTS SINCLAIR ONTO HER SHOULDERS AND WALKS HIM TO THE MIDDLE OF THE RING. BELL RINGER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING (For reference: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register])! SINCLAIR IS HURT AS SHE GETS HIM UP AND PUTS HIM ON HER SHOULDERS ONCE MORE AS SINCLAIR LOOKS TO BE COMPLETLY OUT OF BUT HE SLIPS OUT ONCE MORE! HE'S TRYING THE DRAG BELL DOWN WITH A SUNSET FLIP BUT SHE DROPS HER WEIGHT! GRABS THE LEGS AS THE REF COUNTS!

ONE

TWO

KICK OUT AT TWO POINT NINE-NINE!

West: That might have been a huge mistake on her part.

St. Cloud: It is. I can see why Bell went for the second Bell Ringer right away but it gave Sinclair even time to plan his next move.

West: We are just about ready to hit the two-minute warning in this epic encounter. What should Bell do?

St. Cloud: Throw everything she has at him and only go for the pin. If she tries a submission, Sinclair will try to grit it out for two minutes to get the draw. Remember, there is no sudden death round in the IWF.

West: What about Sinclair?

St. Cloud: Slap on a sleeper hold and run out the clock. Get out with the belt. It's not the most exciting way to end the match but the fans aren't the ones competing. There are no two-minute warnings in wrestling.

Evans: Fifty-eight minutes have expired, two minutes remaining. Fifty-eight minutes have expired, two minutes remaining.

A timer appears on the screen for the fans at home as the two challengers begin to rise for the last two minutes. The crowd gives a resounding ovation for these two gladiators coming off their proverbial stools for the last round. Sinclair tries for the sleeper but Bell sidesteps it and snaps a few jabs towards the champion as he hits the ropes, barely able to stand. Bell comes at him but Sinclair snaps a kick to the challenger's chest sending her back. Bell knows she has to get him up for the Bell Ringer but Sinclair grabs her for the Double Arm DDT! Bell reverses! Bell jumps up on his back for the crucifix as we hit the one minute mark. Bell is desperately trying to pull Sinclair down but he stands his ground and kicks his legs out, crushing Bell against the mat. Sinclair sees that he has about forty seconds left and tries to get up BUT BELL STILL HAS HIS ARMS STILL WRAPPED UP! BELL IS PULLING WITH ALL HER MIGHT, USING EVERY LAST ONCE OF STRENGTH SHE HAS! SHE PULLS HIM OVER AND THE SHOULDERS ARE DOWN AT THE REF COUNTS!

3!!!!!!!!!!

St. Cloud: She did it! VERONICA BELL HAS PULLED OFF THE UPSET OF THE CENTURY! WHAT A MATCH!

West: We have a new IWF World Champion and HER NAME IS VERONICA BELL!

Evans: The winner of this bout....AND NEW IWF WORLD CHAMPION AT FIFTY-NINE MINUTES AND THIRTY SECONDS....VERONICA BELL!

The bell rings numerous as the crowd explodes into cheers as Bell slowly gets to her knees, absolutely exhausted at this point. Bell's theme begins to play as pure pandemonium erupts in the United Center. Litle girls are crying, hell adult women are crying. The timekeeper's hands ref that coveted World Championship. The ref hands Bell the belt as she stares at it, tears begin to form on the face of the new champion. The ref helps Bell up as she holds the title high in the air for the fans to see and they responds with loud cheers. In the background, we see Sinclair on his knees and he looks absolutely spent at this point as he stares down at the canvas. At first, it was a look of shock on his face but it turns into a look of a man contemplating his future in pro wrestling. As Bell is celebrating with the title, Sinclair finally rises and just waits for his moment, breathing heavily. Bell's celebration comes to a halt when she locks eyes with the former champion and a hush forms over the crowd as Sinclair offers his hand to the new champion. Bell shakes the hand emphatically as Sinclair nods his head and leaves the ring, slowly making his way to the back. The show goes off the air with Bell celebrating, catching an occasional glimpse of Sinclair in the background as he heads to the back, slapping the occasional hand.

West: I'm Nick West and we may have witnessed the greatest match in IWF history tonight. For William St. Cloud, have a good night everybody.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Sep-17, 11:59
Points: 17,782, Level: 58 Points: 17,782, Level: 58 Points: 17,782, Level: 58
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,291 Times in 1,520 Posts

Damn, nobody writes epic wrestling matches like you do, King.

Thanks for this, mate.
Old 24-Sep-17, 04:39
gameking

Quote:
I was absolutely drained when I made it backstage to a rousing ovation from the boys. Ray walked up to me and locked me in one of his hug that he was famous for. I plopped down on a chair and was handed a bottle of water in an attempt to re-hydrate myself. Veronica came through the curtain to the same ovation and we embraced with a hug before I went to the dressing room. My kids were tuckered out from the match so I quietly undressed and got back into civilian clothes before taking them back to the hotel room. We flew home to Carthage the next night and I didn't even bother to watch the show. In fact, I pretty much forgot about wrestling and went about living a normal life. Caught up on my shows, took a bunch of family vacations and cooked a lot of food. I worked out at the local YMCA and volunteered my time to some of the charities around town. Out of nowhere, Ray called me up in early July and asked me to attend Summer Spectacular that August (Ray had a thing for the word). Layla Ortiz slithered her way back into the picture once Veronica won the belt and Ray were booking her against Bell for the championship in a historic main event. Ray offered to fly me and my family first class to San Diego for the show. Another family vacation for the Worthington family and I didn't have to pay for it!

My job was simple, show up thirty minutes before the main event, wave to the crowd and watch the match. Ray paid me $25,000 for the appearance and I spent most of the weekend going around town with my family. Heck, I wasn't even asked to attend the Fan Fest. I conducted a lengthy podcast with Dave Meltzer for his site the night before and I'll admit, I like the guy. I attended the show and when they announced the special guests in attendance, I got a bigger pop than any of the celebrities in attendance. I also got to meet Hugh Jackman so that was cool. The match between the two was historic but it wasn't great. Bell did her best but Ortiz was never a great wrestler and relied more on her charisma to carry her. The crowd enjoyed it though and I caught up with Bell after the show. Her reign was doing pretty good, she was drawing better numbers than I was in my last reign and the match quality was pretty damn good. They were building Johnny Blade as her next big feud and they'd be headlining the fall show.

During the first week of September, I heard my doorbell ring on a Wednesday. I was home alone and I opened the door to find Ray standing in front of me. I was shocked to see him as he asked me if I had an hour or two to spare. I was doing nothing at the time so we sat down in the living room. He had a briefcase with him and he sat it on his lap.

"Enjoying retirement?" Ray asked me with a smile.

"Yep. You should try it one day, you'd like it, boss," I said with a wink.

"I'm never retiring," Ray said and I believed him one-hundred percent.

I was going to say something but Ray cut me off.

"I came here because I want you to come back. It would only be a part-time deal, until Super Spectacular in April," Ray said to me as he opened up the briefcase and placed a contract on the coffee table.

"No. I'm happily retired, Ray. I'm sorry, but I'm retired and I left after the best match in company history. I don't want to sully that with a short-term comeback," I responded and I could see that Ray was shocked by my response.

"I understand but just hear me out on this. I want you back as a heel," Ray said as he waited for my response.

"I'm not interested Ray," I snapped back.

"I expected to hear this and I'm not disappointed or mad. I figured that you would cost Bell the belt in November and NBC gave me a prime-time slot on New Years Day and that'd be the rematch. It wouldn't be a clean finish but you'd win and Super Spectacular would be a career vs career match between the two of you. I need to fill Miller Park and Bell vs Blade or anybody else wouldn't get the job done. You and Bell in the final battle would be enough to fill the place up," Ray said as I pondered my future.

"Give me a day or two to talk to the wife and family about this and I'll get back to you," I said holding my cards close to my chest.

"Sounds good champ and take a look at the contract when you get the chance," Ray said as he got up and shook my hand. I showed him to his car and went back inside to look over the contract.

Six months at $125,000 a month, starting in November.

My jaw dropped to the floor and I wouldn't be working that many dates either. My wife saw the contract and told me to take the money. The $750,00 would be used as a nest egg and I wouldn't have to work another day in my life. My house was paid off and the cars we had were close to being paid off so this money could be used for anything. My payoff for the Bell match was $1,950,000 and that was the biggest payoff I had received. I signed the contract and faxed it back to Ray at the office.

The Thanksgiving Throwdown was being held at The Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore, Maryland. Word didn't leak of my return since I staying in Landover and being driven in that night. I was stationed in an RV until it was time for me to turn heel during the Blade/Bell match. When the match started, I came to the gorilla position and waited as I watched the main event. It was a surprisingly physical match between the two as Blade had really come into his own as the lead heel. He could be a nasty bastard when he needed to be but he could still be a cowardly bastard that could take a beating. He still had Marti with him but he added Issac Coley as his "understudy" who'd assist him in cheating but when Blade would cut and run, Coley would take the beating. It was great since Coley was a damn good worker and the fans started to feel bad for booing him. This guy was talented but he was being lead astray by Blade. When the time came, Blade pushed the ref in-front of Bell as she went for a crossbody and the poor guy wiped out. He was either knocked out for real or he's a damn good actor. Marti came in first and Bell fought her off but Coley came out and a 3-on-1 mugging was going down. The crowd was livid as it seemed like Blade was going to cheat his way to the title that he did not deserve. Finally, I got my cue and emerged from the back wearing a grey suit and white dress shirt as the crowd began to stand and applaud. As I walked to the ringside, I had about a million thoughts in my mind and one of them was telling me to call an audible. I sucked it and entered the ring to a rapturous applause from the fans as the heels cleared the ring immediately. I took off my suit coat and goaded them to come back in and take me on. Bell slowly rose and I walked up to her, feigning that I was going to check on her when.....DOUBLE ARM DDT OUT OF NOWHERE! Silence overtook the crowd for a millisecond before a chorus of boo's reigned down upon the scene as the camera cut to the shocked reactions of Blade, Marti and Coley as Blade slowly slid into the ring and pinned Bell. Blade kept eye contact on me the entire time as I got out of the ring and grabbed my coat and walked to the back to intense hatred from the fans. Bell was out cold as the ref counted for the three as fans began to pelt the ring with trash and the announcers condemned me for my actions. Blade's music hit as Marti wrapped the belt around his waist to seething hatred from the crowd. The hatred intensified even further as Coley lifted the new champion onto his shoulders and paraded him around the ring. I was at the curtain watching the whole thing before I disappearaed to gorilla but I did get pelted with a soda from a pissed off fan.

I came through the curtain with a smile on my face. This was going to be fun.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: