Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 21-Sep-17, 20:36
Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,259 Times in 314 Posts
Post Female athletes vs male athletes from different countries

I once made a thread titled [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] where I posted the stats which confirm that the average height of some European women is higher than average height of males from certain Asian, Latin American and Arab countries, sometimes even by a quite significant margin.

However those women being taller and bigger doesn't necessarily mean they could also outperform men from those countries physically and athletically. I kept thinking that if there was a contest of strength and athleticism between women and men from those countries surely the men would still be able to come on top due to their male genetics. Or would they? Ever since I saw the movie Octopussy I liked the idea of tall athletic European women overpowering local men in countries with smaller population. But could that possibly be realistic?

So I decided to see how the athleticism of women and men from those countries compares in sports where it can be objectively measured. I decided I'm going to compare some of the nations with the tallest and the most athletically gifted women with males from the nations which have the most horrible athletic results and underperform on international competitions. This way we could project what would happen if top female athletes from an athletically gifted nation challenged the entire male population of a certain nation to a gender battle and a test of overall athleticism and strength. Would the males be able to defend the honor of their country or would they be defeated and humiliated by a group of women? Let's predict what would happen from the data we have.

Please keep in mind that I will only compare facts and results from the sports where athleticism can be objectively measured so this isn't some complete fantasy.

For the first comparison, I picked Russian women vs the country of Nepal.

Nepal vs Russian women
♂ vs

Nepal is a big nation with 30 million people. The average height for the male population is 163cm or 5'4.25''.

The average height for Russian women is 165cm or 5'5''.

I picked a big nation like Nepal first so that we're dealing with a large enough sample of men. Also, Nepal is a country where sports are popular. The Nepalese play many sports at national as well as international level as well as for competition. The most common sport played in Nepal is football followed by cricket. In short, we're not dealing with some devastated country with no sports infrastructure, but instead it's a completely normal pro-sports country where men can pursue athletic careers. There is nothing holding them back so it's completely fair to assume that their top men should be able to beat female athletes. I'm pretty sure that if they actually held this sort of competition the men would be 100% confident that they can beat women no matter what country those women are from. There should be no excuses.

I will compare the Nepalese male records to Russian female records

Athletics

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

100m sprint

The male record for Nepal was set in 2011 by their Olympic athlete [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] at 10.5 although this was measured via hand timing so the old 10.71 record is still written on the Wiki page. Russian female record was set by Irina Privalova at 10.77. So this one goes to the Nepalese men.

(EDIT: I first misread and put the female 100y record here instead of the 100m, but I realized my mistake and corrected it now)

The record at 200m is tricky because the official one for Nepalese men is 21.92 but there is a more recent one measured by hand timing which is supposedly 21.5. Russian female record by Irina Privalova is 21.87 so I don't know which one we should count here.

Some more Nepal victories follow, although very very close ones:

400m 48.32 vs 49.11
800m 1:50.60 vs 1:54.81
1500m 3:46.38 vs 3:52.47

Men win these three.

At 3000m however, the Nepalese record of 8:23.59 gets smashed by [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] with 8:22.62!

5000m goes to Nepalese men

10000m however the Russian woman Alla Zhilyaeva wins with 30:23.07 vs the Nepalese male record of 30:39.1!

Nepalese men win at half-marathon and marathon. These endurance events are keeping their hopes up but we all know that those disciplines are not the real measure of athleticism when it comes to strength and explosiveness.

400m hurdles the Russian woman [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] wins with 52.34 over the Nepalese male record of 53.23!

3000 m steeplechase Nepalese men win this one.

Now we come to jumping, surely the top Nepalese men athletes should able to jump higher than any Russian woman? That's what a person might expect but...

High jump goes to... the beautiful [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] of Russia! Her record is 2.07m compared to Nepalese male record from 2015 which is barely 1.98m!

In fact there are plenty of Russian girls who beat the Nepal male record [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], Tatyana Babashkina, [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]... All of these women jumped over 2m and all of these athletic Amazons have athleticism that can't be matched by males from an entire 30 million nation!

Pole vault
The 3.85m Nepalese male pole vault record gets absolutely CRUSHED by the legendary [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] with her 5.05m world record!

Long jump
The 7.00m Nepal male record CRUSHED by [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] with 7.52m!

Triple jump
Will the 15.20m be enough for the men? Nope. [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] with 15.34m! One more for the girls!

Sadly I can't compare the shot put, javelin etc. records because women throw lighter objects in these sports.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] wins the 20km walk for Russian women with 1:24:47 compared to Nepalese male record of 1:40:48.

Nepalese men win the 4x100m and 4x400m relay.

Irina Privalova wins the 60m indoor sprint for Russia with 6.92 vs the Nepal male record 7.09!

Russian women also win at 60m hurdles with 7.69 vs the Nepal male record from 2007 of 11.04 at the Asian indoor games.

The final score for athletics is tied at 10:10.

Swimming

Most Nepalese swimming records have been set recently by [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] who is heralded as some sort of child prodigy on the Wikipedia. However his results are really really bad compared to Russian women.

50m freestyle 27.23 vs 24.82 by [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
100m freestyle 57.76 vs 53.94 by [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
200m freestyle 2:07.98 vs 1:55.08 by Veronika Popova
400m freestyle 4:31.54 vs 4:06.30 by [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

These women who absolutely smashed his best times are also much bigger than him and would tower over him like he was a little boy.

Can the males recover in other disciplines? No, it only gets much worse.

50m backstroke 34.74 vs 27.31 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
100m backstroke 1:17.35 vs 58.18 Anastasia Zueva
50m breaststroke 32.40 vs 29.52 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
100m breaststroke 1:11.24 vs 1:04.36 Yulia Efimova
200m breaststroke 2:50.45 vs 2:19.41 Yulia Efimova
50m butterfly 28.26 vs 25.92 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
200m individual medley 2:28.20 vs 2:09.56 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
400m individual medley 5:09.49 vs 4:36.25 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
4×100m freestyle relay 4:07.28 vs 3:37.68
4×200m freestyle relay 9:17.68 vs 7:48.59
4×100m medley relay 4:46.70 vs 3:53.38

This is just complete domination by women. Even if we bring up excuses that swimming just isn't developed over there in Nepal women simply shouldn't be beating male records of a 30 million country by such a wide margin. Russian female swimmers are much closer to performance to Russian men than Nepalese men are to Russian women.

(EDIT: I originally missed 8 more male vs female record comparissons on the short 25m course. Russian women win all of them by a wide margin)

Russian women win at swimming with 23:0

Olympic weightlifting

Well here comes a discipline where you would expect that males would get at least some pride back. This is a discipline that depends on strength and Nepalese MEN should be stronger than Russian WOMEN... Or are they?

Unfortunately I could only find 2 full male Nepalese records written down here on Wikipedia

The one set at the 69kg (152lbs) division at 225kg (496lbs) total was set just yesterday at Asian Indoor games by a guy named [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register].

The Russian woman record from the same (69kg) weight class however absolutely smashes his record! The beautiful [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] has a record of 276kg (608lbs) total.

In fact the Nepalese male record at 69kg is so bad that there are Russian women from 2 weight classes bellow (58kg or 128lbs) who were able to lift more than that! Marina Shainova has a record there at 237kg (522lbs). There are plenty of other Russian girls at that weight class who beat the male Nepalese record from two weight classes higher. [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] lifted a total of 233kg (514lbs) at the 2006 world championships when she was just 18 and 11kg/22lbs lighter!

The other record was set in April this year at the 85kg (187lbs) weightclass by [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] with 285kg (628lbs) total.

Women don't have a 85kg (187lbs) weightclass but it doesn't matter since Russian women from 75kg (165lbs) weight class beat the male Nepalese record from a weight class higher. Natalia Zabolotnaya had a total of 296kg (653lbs). So a girl who is 12kg/22lbs lighter embarrassed the bigger Nepalese male record holder!

There's also a nepalese male record of 125kg (276lbs) snatch by at the 105kg+ (231lbs+) weight class by [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] guy. He is however no match for [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], so once again a smaller Russian woman triumps over a bigger Nepalese male record holder. I honestly doubt you can find a male stronger than her in Nepal.

So even in weightlifting Russian women comfortably win with 3-0!

Keep in mind that those Nepalese records that aren't listed are probably even more pathetic and it would be even more humiliating for the Nepalese men if they would write them down and an even bigger score.

OVERALL SCORE

Nepalese men ♂ : Russian women ♀ 10 : 36 (individual events), 0 : 2 (sports)

Victory goes to the Russian women, a very dominant victory for the females and a humiliating defeat and total capitulation for the Nepalese men!

Conclusion

Russian women comfortably won with 36:10. Even if you score all the specific swimming victories with only 1:0 in total (instead of 23:0 for every single discipline) and you give the weird 200m record for Nepal that's still 14:11. Then even if you count all the weightlifting victories in specific weigthclasses as only one point it's still 12:11 for the girls. You can also score it as 2:0 as women win swimming and weightlifting while in athletics it was tied. The Nepalese men didn't have a clear advantage anywhere while the women completely dominated them in swimming and weightlifting! Also even in those instances where the Nepalese male record was better it was always by a very small margin while in some cases the Russian women completely crushed the Nepalese male record by a wide margin. There's no way you can give this contest to the Nepalese men even if you're being generous. Some people might say that swimming and weightlifting aren't well developed in Nepal but the Nepalese men lost by such a significant margin in those disciplines that it is just completely embarrassing. I mean, it wasn't even remotely close. I can't see how they could improve significantly enough to close that monumental gap.

Based on what we know and what we can measure Russian women are simply more athletic than Nepalese men!

This is of course not meant to put anyone down but rather to praise the athleticism of Russian women and female athleticism in general! I'm tired of people saying female athletes are not as good as men as this is only true when compared to absolute elite male athletes but as we see here top female athletes can be superior even to top male athletes of entire nations with millions of people. People really underestimate just how good elite female athletes have become, especially from countries where women are just incredibly athletically gifted.

Surprisingly, the results of Russian women are particularly superior over the Nepalese men when it comes to disciplines which require explosiveness and strenght. The Nepalese men mostly only scored when it comes to endurance like long runs but even there Russian women had some victories.

Like I said, I only included sports and disciplines where we can measure the athleticism objectively. We can only assume how they would do in other sports but given how successful Russian women are in volleyball, handball and other team sports they would probably give the Nepalese men an embarrassing beating anywhere but in soccer and cricket.

Lastly, do you think the Nepalese men would even dare to face the [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] or [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] after being so soundly beaten when it comes to measuring athleticism and strength?

Like I said, Russian female athletes deserve a lot of praise seeing as their results whooped an entire male population of a 30 million country.

Last edited by al89; 22-Sep-17 at 10:11.
Old 21-Sep-17, 21:44
Points: 57,597, Level: 100 Points: 57,597, Level: 100 Points: 57,597, Level: 100
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,751 Times in 1,917 Posts
Default Re: Russian women vs Nepalese men athletic comparison

Excellent research, Al.

A great read.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Sep-17, 21:49
Points: 6,346, Level: 33 Points: 6,346, Level: 33 Points: 6,346, Level: 33
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Sorry man...but this is the worst "scientific" research I've ever seen. You seem to have too much time on your hands. You compare things where a lot of variables are not comparable at all.
Old 21-Sep-17, 22:29
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Awesome research and write-up, Al! Thank you!
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Sep-17, 22:39
Points: 4,894, Level: 29 Points: 4,894, Level: 29 Points: 4,894, Level: 29
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Sorry man...but this is the worst "scientific" research I've ever seen. You seem to have too much time on your hands. You compare things where a lot of variables are not comparable at all.
A race is a race, jumping high is just jumping high, as is jumping long. No variables there. Lifting weights is just lifting weights, and where the weight classes don't equate the OP went with the lower class for the females. Who still won.

The only sports you can't directly compare because of different equipment (shot, javelin and discus) are disregarded.

What exactly is your complaint? What are the variables that are not comparable?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mez261uk For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Sep-17, 22:51
Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,052 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez261uk [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
A race is a race, jumping high is just jumping high, as is jumping long. No variables there. Lifting weights is just lifting weights, and where the weight classes don't equate the OP went with the lower class for the females. Who still won.

The only sports you can't directly compare because of different equipment (shot, javelin and discus) are disregarded.

Everything he just said. There are absolutely no variables when it comes track and swim records and weightlifting numbers. You sound like you are butt hurt from seeing these results. Are you a Nepalese man?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwertyuio For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Sep-17, 23:16
Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32

Thanked 1,259 Times in 314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez261uk [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Thanks man. I've been as fair to the Nepalese men as possible. Everyone here who remembers my posts knows that I have always been realistic about women vs men scenarios and I don't just post some fantasies. While I was writting this I wasn't even sure the Russian women are going to come on top, I was going record by record.

I gave the Nepalese men the benefit of doubt everywhere where different variables were concerned.

Also, I ignored the Winter Olympics results precisely because I wasn't sure about the variables.

For example there was this Nepalese guy at 2002 winter Olympics who did pretty horrible at the sprint with 4:48.42 in cross-country skying.

In the women's event, a Russian woman [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] won this discipline with 3:10.6.

So it all seems like another ass whooping of a Nepalese male athlete by a Russian female, however I honestly don't know enough about these winter disciplines and I didn't have time to research so I wasn't sure about the variables and if the women's events differ. The top male time (by some Norwegian) was 2:56.9 so it seems like a realistic gap between him and the female winner (which suggests that the men and women ran a similar race) and I was 99% sure that I can count this as another victory for Russian women but still didn't include it.

At the end of the day I never pretended that this was a "scientific" research or anything. I just made a fun thread with the data I could find and I was honestly amazed that the Russian female athletes came on top so many times, I didn't imagine this was possible considering how everyone always goes on about the overall male athletic superiority on the top level of the sports.

Also, almost every time I googled the Russian female athlete who bested the Nepalese male record a hot woman showed up. It was definitely fun writting this.

If I had more info I would include it but it's very hard to find data about Nepalese athletes and that Wiki list of records was the best I found. It's not that I have "too much time", it's rather that I don't have enough time to do something really "scientific". Also I never claimed to be an expert on athleticism. Just take it for what it is, a fun thread with some fascinating facts.

Quote:
Lifting weights is just lifting weights, and where the weight classes don't equate the OP went with the lower class for the females. Who still won.
This is what is the most fascinating really. It was just a total domination by Russian women. There is no way you can find any excuses for the Nepalese men. When a 19 year old 22 lbs lighter girl outperforms the male record holder at something where males should actually have the biggest natural advantage then this is just a total defeat. Look at that male also, he was in shape and obviously takes his sport seriously. The Russian girl is simply just superior and stronger than him.

Last edited by al89; 21-Sep-17 at 23:43.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to al89 For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Sep-17, 23:48
Points: 3,009, Level: 22 Points: 3,009, Level: 22 Points: 3,009, Level: 22
Last Achievements

What I would give to be a Nepalese male wrestler /sambo competitor competing against that Russian team, lol.
Old 22-Sep-17, 00:12
Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,667 Times in 868 Posts

Thanks! How would the results go with combat sports like boxing, mma, or Muay Thai? Would the Nepalese men fare any better there? I'd love to see those contests.
Old 22-Sep-17, 03:29
Points: 32,395, Level: 78 Points: 32,395, Level: 78 Points: 32,395, Level: 78
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,349 Times in 592 Posts

good post. Haven't really thought about this before. Nepal is not that athletic nation. I think Sri Lanka would do better against russian women. I don't have time to compare. But here is the link. [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to wrestpet For This Useful Post:

Tags
asian women, eastern men, female superiority, strength, white women