Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 06-Jan-18, 19:03
Points: 3,011, Level: 22 Points: 3,011, Level: 22 Points: 3,011, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Headscissors and Ear Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicensetoKill [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You should see an ear doctor. Not hard to find and even if not covered by insurance, an initial visit isn't expensive. It could just be a hard bit of wax wedged close to the ear-drum. DO NOT try to remove it yourself - see a professional (if you know a nurse with experience that would work). and a lot of standard primary car doctors can remove ear wax as well.

You can say, my GF and I were messing around and wrestling a little she squeezed me, not knowing her legs were stronger than my ears. That doesn't sound too odd, so it's not like one of those "a vacuum cleaner cut off the tip of my penis" situations where it's highly embarrassing.

Also don't ear candle. While it's not necessarily dangerous most of the time, it's not recommended and not that helpful. You should get a doctor to look at this. There's a 50% chance it's just blockage and not that hard to fix, there's also a chance that it's some bruising on the ear-drum which could get better with time, but more slowly.
Thanks for the concern. I did see a doctor 3 or 4 days afterward and she took a look around and didn't see any damage. She did say to try taking out the wax with some Debrox. It's better but not great. The doctor mentioned too that fibers or something could have been damaged and will take time to heal. So waiting it out for now. I think I'm lucky I did't rupture the eardrum and suffer immediate hearing damage. Makes me worried about the next session I want to do though, you know?
Old 06-Jan-18, 19:11
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Last Achievements

Ear protection in order
Old 06-Jan-18, 19:53
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindTunnel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thanks for the concern. I did see a doctor 3 or 4 days afterward and she took a look around and didn't see any damage. She did say to try taking out the wax with some Debrox. It's better but not great. The doctor mentioned too that fibers or something could have been damaged and will take time to heal. So waiting it out for now. I think I'm lucky I did't rupture the eardrum and suffer immediate hearing damage. Makes me worried about the next session I want to do though, you know?
So uh, did the doctor ask you what happened? What did you say? I've always wondered how I would play that off.
Old 06-Jan-18, 22:47
Points: 22,260, Level: 65 Points: 22,260, Level: 65 Points: 22,260, Level: 65
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,504 Times in 228 Posts

I’ve had a situation where a friend headscissored me. My story “Dancer Strength” has the details. Long story short, something happened on one of her headscissors. I wouldn’t call it ear pain, just some discomfort. As if my ear had to pop but when we I did it, there was no relief. It felt like I had water trapped in there for at least a month I’d guess. It’s much better now, but I do notice it pops easier nowadays. Almost involuntarily sometimes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jericho3 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Jan-18, 02:53
Points: 3,011, Level: 22 Points: 3,011, Level: 22 Points: 3,011, Level: 22
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
So uh, did the doctor ask you what happened? What did you say? I've always wondered how I would play that off.
I just said I got hit in the ear which created a suction effect. Which is true. She asked if it was a fight or fooling around with friends. I just answered friends. Don't think the Doctor would be too concerned in regards to the back story. What's done is done, they just need to decide what the next steps should be.
Old 07-Jan-18, 04:52
Points: 16,083, Level: 55 Points: 16,083, Level: 55 Points: 16,083, Level: 55
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindTunnel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Sadly I had a session where a girl applied a quick headscissor and I immediately I felt a pain in my right ear; like someone stuck a small knife in it. She had thick legs, so for the rest of the session I had to avoid her thigh clamp against that ear otherwise the pain would intensify. Later that night I noticed intense ringing and I got a terrible headache. That was about a month ago and I still have the constant ringing in my ear (tinnitus, look it up it sucks). Not the worst thing, I admit, but still wish it didn't happen.

I looked around this forum and it seems like I'm the only one with this bad luck
I got into a heated argument with my wife several years ago (Oct. 14, 1999 to be exact) and things escalated to the point that it became physical (her idea). She trapped me in a headscissor and my pride kept me from submitting until I couldn't take any more. She released me and my ears have been ringing ever since. It gets to a point you don't notice it all the time, but it is always there. So no, you're not alone on this one
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to du-man For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Jan-18, 05:39
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

Direct crushing of the ear like we're discussing here is a situation I don't think I've run into personally, either in sessions or while wrestling with girlfriends. Even Amazon Alex - who intentionally crushed the jaws and cheekbones of her opponents as a tactic - avoided my ears. A lady would need to have truly mammoth legs (or her victim a notably short neck) to be trying to use a standard head scissor and still end up delivering a lot of pressure to the outer ear. If it happens it means she's just misapplied the hold and I tap almost immediately. There's a better chance of it happening in a reverse, but it's still a slight chance and again it's not like you won't feel that it's happening. It's irregular, so tap. If it's a domestic situation and you happened to have ticked her off past a point at which she feels like doing this to you and ignoring your taps, well I'd say that's best avoided for many reasons besides this one.
The Following User Says Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Jan-18, 11:18
Points: 8,179, Level: 38 Points: 8,179, Level: 38 Points: 8,179, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markwebb [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I had no hearing in one ear (possibly wax build up) after getting ko'd by horrible headscissors! My gf was in a bad mood I think, I was all kinds of f'k'd up after those!!
So your girlfriend scissors you, when she's pissed? I'm inclined to say that I envy you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blackout For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Jan-18, 11:25
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
So your girlfriend scissors you, when she's pissed? I'm inclined to say that I envy you.
Wait, so those Scissorvixens stories actually happen??
Old 07-Jan-18, 18:46
Points: 2,415, Level: 20 Points: 2,415, Level: 20 Points: 2,415, Level: 20
Last Achievements

I had a very sore neck for days from a few head scissors; but Lia Labowe's were the worst in terms of my ears: they were literally blue for almost a week; something about the symmetrics of her thighs (she has this extra muscle I swear in her inner thighs that most don't have- sort of like in the forearm unique only golfers who drive the ball often) and her positioning while having it clamped on was always slightly higher than other wrestlers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cal For This Useful Post: