Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 27-Aug-18, 17:25
Session Wrestler
Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,126 Times in 333 Posts
Default IBJJF World Master Champion !

I just wanted to share that I competed this weekend at the IBJJF World Master Championship and took first place in my weight class at Purple Belt, won my first match in less than two minutes by submission: lapel takedown to kimura (shoulder lock) from bottom half-guard, unfortunately she didn't tap on time and hurt her shoulder, second fight was super tough against a Rugby player from Canada, super-strong and good cardio, I won by points to take the Gold.
Also while in Vegas, had a few fun sessions with customers that had booked before my trip, it made me realize how tough the ladies fighters are in comparison to most session customers, I wish tournaments were that easy !
overall a great experience and already have a few more request to go back to Vegas... maybe in December
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Last edited by Anji; 06-Jan-24 at 23:11.
Old 27-Aug-18, 20:41
Points: 4,199, Level: 27 Points: 4,199, Level: 27 Points: 4,199, Level: 27
Last Achievements

Default Re: IBJJF World Master Champion !

Congratulations on a well earned victory! I am sure a lot of hard work was required to prepare yourself for the event.

Any more competitions on the horizon? Please keep the community up to date .

Tim
The Following User Says Thank You to vantim For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Aug-18, 20:55
Points: 2,902, Level: 22 Points: 2,902, Level: 22 Points: 2,902, Level: 22
Last Achievements

well done Anji! You are brilliant! congrats! If you ever travel to Europe I would love to session with you. I guess alot of us in Europe would. Maybe next ibjjf tourney in europe?

what happened to her shoulder? over strained due to not tapping to the shoulder lock? is this normal in competition, is it busienss as usual for you athletes that compete? no hard feelings, just a hug and hand shake after the fight? also, dis you compete in the absolute as well? how much tougher is it in the absolute? do you often go for the abaolute or not? many thank for your reply and participation on this board.
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveAikidoWomen For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Aug-18, 20:58
Points: 4,461, Level: 28 Points: 4,461, Level: 28 Points: 4,461, Level: 28
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I just wanted to share that I competed this weekend at the IBJJF World Master Championship and took first place in my weight class at Purple Belt, won my first match in less than two minutes by submission: lapel takedown to kimura (shoulder lock) from bottom half-guard, unfortunately she didn't tap on time and hurt her shoulder, second fight was super tough against a Rugby player from Canada, super-strong and good cardio, I won by points to take the Gold.
Also while in Vegas, had a few fun sessions with customers that had booked before my trip, it made me realize how tough the ladies fighters are in comparison to most session customers, I wish tournaments were that easy !
overall a great experience and already have a few more request to go back to Vegas... maybe in December
Congrats!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to j94n For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Aug-18, 21:04
Session Wrestler
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantim [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Congratulations on a well earned victory! I am sure a lot of hard work was required to prepare yourself for the event.

Any more competitions on the horizon? Please keep the community up to date .

Tim
Thank you ! Hope all is well with you I am already signed up for JJWL worlds in sept, SJJIF Worlds in Oct. in Long Beach, Abu Dhabi Grand Slam in L.A is the same day as the JJWL worlds, so not that one this year, I will see how I feel as competition day nears
The Following User Says Thank You to Anji For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Aug-18, 21:14
Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAikidoWomen [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If you ever travel to Europe I would love to session with you. I guess alot of us in Europe would.
I certainly would as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to RNC For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Aug-18, 21:18
Session Wrestler
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAikidoWomen [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
well done Anji! You are brilliant! congrats! If you ever travel to Europe I would love to session with you. I guess alot of us in Europe would. Maybe next ibjjf tourney in europe?

what happened to her shoulder? over strained due to not tapping to the shoulder lock? is this normal in competition, is it busienss as usual for you athletes that compete? no hard feelings, just a hug and hand shake after the fight? also, dis you compete in the absolute as well? how much tougher is it in the absolute? do you often go for the abaolute or not? many thank for your reply and participation on this board.
Thank you, hope I can travel to Europe sometime, I did my European vacation couple of times in the past but it was long before I even knew what session wrestling was !
I was too exhausted for the open, it was easier at blue belt (won double gold 2016-2017) this is my first year at purple and competition gets tougher as belt progress. Also depends on how many pounds the biggest competitors have on you. Most are very friendly after the match is over, there are a few sore losers, but for the most part, we talk about the match after the fact.
I applied the Kimura slowly (I may post the video of the match) but she refused to tap, so I thought she was just flexible and crank it a little more up her back until she taps, a few minutes later I see her been attended by first aid guys and putting ice and wrapping her shoulder, I went to apologize, and she understood and said: "Is ok, it was my fault for not tapping sooner". A Kimura can cause Torn rotator cuff essentially and may require surgery, I checked her FB page and she posted about the injury but said that it maybe just a strain. (I hope so). I have never injured anyone in training or competition (or sessions, even the sensual one's in all my years as a grappler, I am usually very gentle and technical.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anji For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Aug-18, 21:26
Points: 2,902, Level: 22 Points: 2,902, Level: 22 Points: 2,902, Level: 22
Last Achievements

Very well done indeed. Best of luck on your next tournament. Thank for your prompt replies, much appreciated. Would love to see you in Europe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveAikidoWomen For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Aug-18, 00:30
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Congratulations!
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Aug-18, 05:06
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Congratulations, Anji! I've recently been taking some jiu-jitsu lessons to supplement my karate training and I'm astounded at how nasty jiu-jitsu can be. I'm sure a lot of what I'm being taught would not be allowed in tournaments.
The Following User Says Thank You to mermao For This Useful Post: