Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 25-Apr-17, 01:49
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts
Default Re: The Movie - "The Sessionist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwfan53 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That last part is not a bad idea. I was thinking of script along the lines of a female version of Fight Club crossed with Million Dollar Baby.
I like that. Female fight club has potential. Million Dollar baby gives it a main character. Would your film idea include mixed wrestling/sessions or just F vs F. I think a mixed wrestling aspect would be fun personally.

Cons: It's been done, kinda/sorta. At least from a "professional" wrestling point of view.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] - below the belt, 1980, was similar, a lady gets noticed and is introduced to "Professional" wrestling. The movie falls pretty flat. There's not enough wrestling, the wrestling in the film is poor quality compared to WWE and the lead (sorry if I sound sexist) could be prettier. That said, it's an honest movie that tries to focus on her experience, not the hotness of lady wrestling. It was shot towards the end of the Moola era, when lady wrestlers mostly weren't pretty, a year or two before GLOW changed all that and made looks a big part of lady wrestling.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] American Angels, 1989 had a much more glamerous look to it, but it was basically the same story. "New girl", pretty and nice attempts to join the dangerous world of lady wrestling and meets "bad girl" in this case Mimi Lessons. (yum).

The big advantage to the WWE type flim is you can actually really sell a bad girl. It's believable that Mimi Lessons might not care one bit if she hurts her opponent. That doesn't sell with session wrestler against another session wrestler - that's more competitive.

I only saw the first one, never saw the 2nd, only clips on youtube. From what I saw, the wrestling was better in the 2nd one.

I think what might work is a story like Frankie's introduction, she came in all cockie, bigger than many of the girls, tons of attitude, and she was put in the ring against Liz Lightspeed to "teach her some respect" and liz made her look silly. They later became friends. But I think, a kind of get together, women paid to wrestle other women, but they also want to share information about bad clients so there's a friendship there. That type of scenario would allow for some mixed wrestling and fetish wrestling and stories too, stories about bad clients and funny clients.
Old 25-Apr-17, 03:06
Points: 6,813, Level: 35 Points: 6,813, Level: 35 Points: 6,813, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

How about it covers both M vs F and F vs F? How about one woman has aged out of a mid ticket mma career and does M vs F for extra money to supplement her regular job. Maybe professional trainer. Then she finds out about underground F vs F wrestling matches that have some serious money being bet on the side. I'm going wrestling rather than mma so you don't get women beat to bloody pulp on screen.

More character thoughts anyone?
The Following User Says Thank You to nwfan53 For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Apr-17, 05:35
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

An obvious question is, does the film have a "real sex" vibe, where it's more documentary like or should it have a real attempt at a story line and plot?

Or - one of each?
Old 25-Apr-17, 05:53
Points: 6,813, Level: 35 Points: 6,813, Level: 35 Points: 6,813, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicensetoKill [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
An obvious question is, does the film have a "real sex" vibe, where it's more documentary like or should it have a real attempt at a story line and plot?

Or - one of each?
HBO Real Sex? Haven't had HBO for a while - last episode was 2009 per IMDB. That could be fun but trying to get enough people out of the closet might be tough. Probably story line and plot along the lines that "Fury" probably got a lot of the flavor of being a tanker in WWII but was not a documentary.
The Following User Says Thank You to nwfan53 For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Apr-17, 04:42
Points: 13,581, Level: 50 Points: 13,581, Level: 50 Points: 13,581, Level: 50
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

I like the idea of an aging women MMA fighter that hasn't ever had any big pay days is coming to the end of her career. She needs to be doing something to pay the bills. So she turns to the career paths of personal training and session wrestling. That would open up a wide range of people to meet. Also I would have her be a single mom - more drama. Also yes there needs to be a little sex vibe to it. We all know SEX sells anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to AKgrappler For This Useful Post: