Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 09-Dec-16, 18:39
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts
Default Re: How Does A Person Become A Jobber In Mixed Wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFKNIGHT92 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I have noticed that "Duncan" is probably the most popular male Jobber in mixed wrestling. That guy has been scissored and choked out by everyone from Skylar Rene to Lynsey The Muscle Tease. Could "Duncan" actually wrestle for the WWE? I'm just curious, if there's room for another jobber(me), in the world of mixed wrestling? I would actually like to be paid and not suffer a beating; like so many homeless people in the shefights videos. I hear that one of the Shefights wrestlers is currently serving 7 years in a Florida prison. Her sentence, I believe, is justified.
Zweig mentioned this, but the producer was sentenced to 7 years. Zuzu (Cindy) got 3 years.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

As to whether it was justified, well, opinions vary, and there's already a thread somewhere about that somewhere in here, but shefights was an extreme company. Most companies don't go as far as they did simply because there are legal, and, unfortunately for them, criminal ramifications.

The brutal beatdown videos that you do see, many of those, the guy getting beaten up owns the company. In other situations, the guy is well known and trusted. You might think you're taking a risk that if you do a video the lady will beat you up, but the lady and the company are taking a risk that you won't sue them. I've shot some videos, and there's always been a high degree of mutual respect. When I shot with Skylar Rene, she and I had a talk about my limits and how long past tap she could hold a head scissor. I even told her that she didn't need to go over 50% to get me to cry uncle with a headscissor and she respected that. The video I shot with her was a ton of fun. They try to make it look like she's beating up the guy, but before the camera's role, there's a fair bit of conversation about "what can I do, how hard can I go", yada, yada.

I e-mailed the maker of the she-fights videos and he was very straight forward. He had some videos on his site that were more body blows, not face punching and I asked him about being in one of those, but he told me, straight up, no face punches, no video. I see no reason why he wouldn't have been straight with the homeless guy, but he still got jail time.

Also, I don't think you should introduce yourself by saying, "Zuzu got what she deserved" if you want them to use you in videos. That's a bit of a red flag. Risk happens in wrestling. Injury can happen, to either the guy or the girl. The guy who manages the WB270 website says right up, front page, big bold red lettering:

Quote:
USE THIS LIST AT YOUR OWN RISK.

There is some risk of injury inherent in wrestling and some risk in contacting and meeting strangers. Remember also that the women on this list are people, who deserve courtesy and consideration, and who may have to deal with some rather unpleasant customers at times.
So if you lead with the concern "I don't want to get beaten up" and "Zuzu got what she deserved" . . . not the best intro.

That said, it's very rare to find a lady who will beat you up if you don't want it. Oh, there's the occasional video where the lady gets mad, like the Mikaela video at the wrestling event a year or two back, where she went harder than the guy wanted her to - but those are rare. Most video companies and everyone I've ever dealt with, has been 100% careful.

I've shot a few videos. I'm not well known and it's been several years, more S&M through rapturevision (I'm the "can't take the pain" guy). The guy who filmed those used to like shooting with me cause I was very expressive and quick to say ouch. I never had to act. My ouches were all real, but I wanted that. I like it when pretty ladies make me say ouch, up to a point, and limits were pretty much always respected, both in sessions and in videos, though there was one time, when a lady was doing something to me, and not listening to my "stops", but only once, and I was fine with it after the video. It wasn't a big deal, I just didn't like it at he time. That's happened in a session once or twice too, but it's pretty rare. Mostly the ladies respect the guys limits.

As for being paid. While Zweig is a gentlemen on this, the economics of the situation is simply that there's enough guys who are willing to shoot videos for free, that video companies and ladies rarely have to pay guys to produce videos most of the time. They have lots of volunteers. If you want to get paid, you're going to have to be one of the good ones. The right look, courteous, on time, clean, preferably on the short/small side and wiling to take a fair bit of punishment and not stop the camera just because you're having an unpleasant moment. You can beg the lady to ease up, but you can't waive at the camera and say "cut cut", unless you have a broken leg or something, then it's OK.

Video's are different then sessions. In a session, you can ask for what you want, be very specific and enjoy that fantasy. The video is the purpose of the video, not your fantasy, so sometimes, you'll do stuff that you can take, or embarrassing things like having her foot in your face or tapping out in a body scissor, that you might not do in a session and other times, you might be uncomfortable, but where you'd say "stop" in a session, the video is best if it keeps roiling, so, ideally, you have to deal with the discomfort.

That said, I've had a blast in a number of videos I've shot. I remember many of them fondly. I'm a bit old for videos now, but I shot a bunch of them in my late 30s/early 40s and I had a blast. I regret not getting into the video game earlier, cause I'm nobody famous, so if somebody recognizes me, it's no big.

- - -

as a sidebar, there were video companies in the early 90s that might on occasion, take it farther than the male model wanted. Scott's ball busting, Velvet Kicks, the wrestling company out of Philadelphia, who's name escapes me, Kristie used to wrestle for them, they'd advertise for guys who could take "a real beating", but these days, companies with that approach are pretty much non existent. Everyone is more careful now, for better or worse.

I miss the 90s.

(too long?)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Dec-16, 08:17
Points: 9,908, Level: 42 Points: 9,908, Level: 42 Points: 9,908, Level: 42
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

I answered an ad on Craigslist...and it ended up being the start to some awesome adventures. Funny enough, it was Duncan who posted that ad...so I guess I learned from the best!

I have always been paid for my work. Always show up on time, clean, ready to have fun and take direction well.
Old 11-Dec-16, 18:39
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

A few years ago someone apparently in the know posted here about Clay. Said he just started writing producers and the mixed wrestling zone guy hired him, even flying him around the world to wrestle babes for his videos.
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Dec-16, 18:45
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicensetoKill [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
the wrestling company out of Philadelphia, who's name escapes me
Fight Time Video?
Old 11-Dec-16, 21:56
Points: 5,177, Level: 30 Points: 5,177, Level: 30 Points: 5,177, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

My understanding is that most companies and producers do not pay the guys who appear in their videos. In fact, many are now making the guys sign a Release, which allows the company to use the video for commercial purposes, and which renders them harmless from liability in the event the guy gets injured while filming - since "technically" he is working for the company.
Old 11-Dec-16, 22:24
Points: 3,257, Level: 23 Points: 3,257, Level: 23 Points: 3,257, Level: 23
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
We pay all our models, female or male.
My ex was always paid but I never even once took a single penny. Was offered, but always declined. Obviously I wasn't in it for the fortune, just the fame and fun.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave loses every time For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Dec-16, 22:29
Points: 3,257, Level: 23 Points: 3,257, Level: 23 Points: 3,257, Level: 23
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edavid [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
My understanding is that most companies and producers do not pay the guys who appear in their videos. In fact, many are now making the guys sign a Release, which allows the company to use the video for commercial purposes, and which renders them harmless from liability in the event the guy gets injured while filming - since "technically" he is working for the company.
Depends where you're located. In N.Y. those releases were actually law even back in the 1980/90's so everybody had to sign one for Joan Wise or other N.Y. based companies, or at least they should have. Other places I was never asked. From my experience most guys weren't paid, although if in a pinch Joan would hire a male model, most of whom made terrible film jobbers since they weren't really into it.
Old 12-Dec-16, 03:34
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillpinu [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I answered an ad on Craigslist...and it ended up being the start to some awesome adventures. Funny enough, it was Duncan who posted that ad...so I guess I learned from the best!

I have always been paid for my work. Always show up on time, clean, ready to have fun and take direction well.
Does Duncan have his own company? I've seen him in a bunch of videos, but I didn't know the company was his. Mixed Wrestling zone?
Old 12-Dec-16, 03:37
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave loses every time [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Depends where you're located. In N.Y. those releases were actually law even back in the 1980/90's so everybody had to sign one for Joan Wise or other N.Y. based companies, or at least they should have. Other places I was never asked. From my experience most guys weren't paid, although if in a pinch Joan would hire a male model, most of whom made terrible film jobbers since they weren't really into it.
Only one company I filed with had me sign a release, and it was in NY. I didn't realize it was a state law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Fight Time Video?
That sounds right. I saved a copy of one of their advertisements looking for guys to take a beating. I have it somewhere. At the time I was tempted. It was a fantasy, but my concern (like the OPs) was that it might go farther than I wanted. I was still crazy-curious though.
Old 12-Dec-16, 05:21
Points: 9,908, Level: 42 Points: 9,908, Level: 42 Points: 9,908, Level: 42
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicensetoKill [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Does Duncan have his own company? I've seen him in a bunch of videos, but I didn't know the company was his. Mixed Wrestling zone?
He and Darius were partners in a company, but Duncan gave up his part of it...however, when I worked for them, they were being subcontracted by a site that doesn't exist anymore, MarkF30.
The Following User Says Thank You to iwillpinu For This Useful Post:

Tags
becoming a jobber, foot worshipper, punching bag