Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 07-Dec-15, 02:58
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts
Default Re: Holly Holm

Published on Dec 6, 2015
On Sunday, the Duke City (Albuquerque, NM) welcomed back local fighter Holly Holm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Dec-15, 03:38
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Last Achievements

The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Dec-15, 07:06
Last Achievements

Holly met up with her sponsor, KO Kortney Olson today!

Konfidence by Kortney
Page Liked · 1 hr ·

Holly Holm is humble as can be. We had a great time with her and ALL our #grrrls at our launch tonight in Las Vegas. To celebrate, the entire store is 25% off. Use coupon code HOLLYVEGAS — with Kortney Olson.

@grrrl_clothing we had an amazing official launch with our athletes @hollyholm @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]strongnurse @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]de18 @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]littlebrute and a TON of new #grrrlfriends in Las Vegas @ufcgymbluediamond @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]ooohlala @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]issareis007 @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]easypaleo @mommyreporter @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]oiles @sarahevans @leah @keairalashae #sisterhood #likeAgrrrl

Last edited by stymie; 11-Dec-15 at 07:12.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Dec-15, 21:19
Last Achievements

Old 12-Dec-15, 04:45
Last Achievements

Morning Report: Dana White responds to Holly Holm's team, insists she'll wait for fight with Ronda Rousey
By David St. Martin
@SaintMMA on Dec 10, 2015

More bad news for Miesha Tate.

After flying out to meet with UFC officials Monday to discuss her next bout, Holly Holm's manager Lenny Fresquez stated an interest in having the women's bantamweight champion make her first title defense to Miesha Tate.

Fresquez was concerned about Ronda Rousey's availability, doubtful she'd even be ready for a targeted bout at UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas.

Fresquez also made it clear Holm wanted to get back into the Octagon as soon as February rather than wait for Rousey. Holm stopped Rousey with a vicious head kick during the second round of their main event Nov. 15 at UFC 193 in Melbourne, Australia. Understandably, the 34-year-old champion isn't interested in an eight-month layoff.

Well, it sounds like Lenny came a long way for nothing.

Responding to Fresquez's comments, UFC President Dana White told Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times that "it's Rousey" next for Holm.

"We're real concerned with his opinion," White said "in a sarcastic tone."

Claiming to be in contact with Rousey "seven times a day" since the loss, White says he doesn't have concerns over her ability to rebound against Holm.

"Ronda is the fiercest competitor I have ever met in my life and she's also very proud," White said. "What made the world love Ronda is that Ronda absolutely 100% knew she was not going to lose. People rallied around this powerful female figure."

Parroting what Rousey recently told ESPN, White described the moment the former champ found herself in deep waters for the first time in her UFC career.

"Ronda's never lost a fight," said White. "She will overcome it and be back. She got clipped, stayed in there and tried to fight through it. She told me she was in there, she was rocked, and she'd never been rocked like that before. And the things that were going on in her head - what she was doing - she'd never been in that situation."

Presumably headlined by Holm and Rousey, UFC 200 is targeted for July 9 at the new Las Vegas Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Old 12-Dec-15, 23:15
Points: 59,324, Level: 100 Points: 59,324, Level: 100 Points: 59,324, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,113 Times in 170 Posts

I have a hard time believing Rousey won't lose the re-match. I am sure White wants the re-match, it stands to make a killing. But unless UFC is going to "put the fix in" I don't see Rousey winning. She didn't just lose, she got dominated. Holm frankly make Rhonda her bitch. Not picking on Rhonda, but I don't see her being ready to turn it around in that short of a time, especially without having another match to "fine tune" for lack of a better word.

If she fights Holm odds are she will lose again, and then it will be "game over" for Rousey. Don't think she will ever be back to what she once was as far as her celebrity status and money making potential. Obviously 12-1 is not a bad record by anyone's standard, but Rhonda Rousey the unbeatable real life super heroine rock star... that Rousey died in the Octagon that night. That mystique is gone and nothing she does will ever get it back.

If she immediately comes back and loses to Holm again than whatever she is holding onto will go away with it, and she will become "just another fighter" and likely be seen as "a footnote before the REAL women fighters joined UFC." She is putting it all on the line if she goes into that re-match that soon. If all she wants is to just be a fighter then that is one thing (although her recent comments of if she loses to Holm again she will retire tell me she wants to be THE GIRL on not be there) but if she wants to keep what is left of her rock star status and the boatloads of money, fame and recognition she has, then if she loses it will all be gone. No one will buy what she built her brand on.
Old 12-Dec-15, 23:38
Points: 57,602, Level: 100 Points: 57,602, Level: 100 Points: 57,602, Level: 100
Activity: 97.6% Activity: 97.6% Activity: 97.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,751 Times in 1,917 Posts

UFC obviously wants the fight and if they can make it happen @ UFC 200, Holly can wait until then. It'll be a huge pay day and do massive PPV numbers.

If Ronda doesn't commit to the July date, then let Miesha fight Holly.

The 125 flyweight division might be a saving grace for Tate if all else fails. Jedrzejczyk says she'd be happy to move into that division, a weight she has fought at before. Jedrzejczyk vs Tate is a fight we could see, providing Tate can get down to FW. She's not a particularly small Batamweight after all, but that would provide some compelling matches.
Old 12-Dec-15, 23:53
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,194 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFemwrestlingfan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I have a hard time believing Rousey won't lose the re-match. I am sure White wants the re-match, it stands to make a killing. But unless UFC is going to "put the fix in" I don't see Rousey winning. She didn't just lose, she got dominated. Holm frankly make Rhonda her bitch. Not picking on Rhonda, but I don't see her being ready to turn it around in that short of a time, especially without having another match to "fine tune" for lack of a better word.

If she fights Holm odds are she will lose again, and then it will be "game over" for Rousey. Don't think she will ever be back to what she once was as far as her celebrity status and money making potential. Obviously 12-1 is not a bad record by anyone's standard, but Rhonda Rousey the unbeatable real life super heroine rock star... that Rousey died in the Octagon that night. That mystique is gone and nothing she does will ever get it back.

If she immediately comes back and loses to Holm again than whatever she is holding onto will go away with it, and she will become "just another fighter" and likely be seen as "a footnote before the REAL women fighters joined UFC." She is putting it all on the line if she goes into that re-match that soon. If all she wants is to just be a fighter then that is one thing (although her recent comments of if she loses to Holm again she will retire tell me she wants to be THE GIRL on not be there) but if she wants to keep what is left of her rock star status and the boatloads of money, fame and recognition she has, then if she loses it will all be gone. No one will buy what she built her brand on.
The "invincible" mystique is gone for sure. But a rematch and a victory would go a long way towards rebuilding her brand and set up an enormous potential draw for the 3rd fight. Massive money!
Old 13-Dec-15, 00:28
Last Achievements

I think as long as Ronda gets rid of Edmond (or relegates him to holding her spit-bucket) and brings in some real masterminds she'd be hard-pressed not to at least do better. I'd definitely be interested in seeing how much this clobbering has fucked with her head when the fighting gets real again. I just wish Dana would have Holly fight sooner, we all wanna see her again, don't need RoRo for that.
Old 13-Dec-15, 00:38
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,194 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think as long as Ronda gets rid of Edmond (or relegates him to holding her spit-bucket) and brings in some real masterminds she'd be hard-pressed not to at least do better. I'd definitely be interested in seeing how much this clobbering has fucked with her head when the fighting gets real again. I just wish Dana would have Holly fight sooner, we all wanna see her again, don't need RoRo for that.
I wouldn't expect her to fight much sooner than July anyway, so it makes sense for them to hold her for the big event (UFC200). I'm more concerned that it's too soon for Rousey. Also too soon to change camps, although I doubt she'll do that regardless.

Tags
boxing, fighting, holly holm, kicking, mma, muscle