Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: Who will be winner?
Ronda Rousey 158 61.72%
Jean Claude Van Damme 98 38.28%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-Nov-16, 21:06
Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Ronda Rousey: Official Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royh [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

47:13
I'm a big Ronda fan but I was disappointed by that.
Old 12-Nov-16, 21:49
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Ya know, I'd root for Amanda UNLESS Ronda is dead serious about facing Cyborg, otherwise, she'll likely quit with the title, and how unsatisfying would that be.
Old 12-Nov-16, 22:38
Points: 4,578, Level: 28 Points: 4,578, Level: 28 Points: 4,578, Level: 28
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

I wonder, if the reason she couldn't wait to get off the stage, is because she made such an ass of herself last time against Holly, and paid for it, big league.
I wonder if she beats Nunes, if a rematch against Holm is
the most marketable fight for Rhonda, instead of Cyborg
So she has the opportunity to avenge her loss.
Old 12-Nov-16, 23:27
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I wonder, if the reason she couldn't wait to get off the stage, is because she made such an ass of herself last time against Holly, and paid for it, big league.
I wonder if she beats Nunes, if a rematch against Holm is
the most marketable fight for Rhonda, instead of Cyborg
So she has the opportunity to avenge her loss.
I'd rather see her fight Holm again. I have no interest in Cyborg. By the time her fights start she's got a ten pound weight advantage on her opponents.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoswrap For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Nov-16, 15:29
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Explanation as to why people dislike Ronda Rousey

Read the whole piece and guess what? I still love Ronda Rousey.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoswrap For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Nov-16, 21:27
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Wow, Ronda's such a trash talker, lol

The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Nov-16, 22:38
Last Achievements

You know I wish someone would ask Dana if he really would have let Holly hold the title for over 13 mos. without having to defend it just so Ronda could rematch with her?

White: Ronda Rousey’s biggest issues were with the media, ‘she felt attacked’

Dana White thinks Ronda Rousey’s biggest issues during her layoff were with the media.
by Anton Tabuena@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]tabuena Oct 14, 2016

When Dana White announced that Ronda Rousey was returning to challenge for Amanda Nunes’ UFC belt, he said that the year layoff wasn’t due to any issues with her mentally.

“100 percent, it was never about a psychological problem with Ronda,” White told Colin Cowherd. “The thing with Ronda is, she wanted time off. She said she wanted to go away and relax. This girl worked hard for us for 3 years, non stop fight after fight, promotion after promotion, and she wanted time off.”

White said similar things with other outlets, saying that Rousey just really planned to have a layoff because of the busy schedule before the loss, and that she needed to take care of some minor injuries as well.

Earlier in the year though, Rousey herself opened up and admitted that losing was incredibly tough on her that she even contemplated suicide at one point.

When asked by Fox Sports’ Jan and Dan about this, and Rousey’s head not being in the right place after the loss, White gave a somewhat different answer.

“Ronda is so competitive. Who likes to lose? Nobody does, but she’s on the next level. I think she just wanted time,” White said. “She had issues. Her biggest issues, in my opinion, were with the media.”

“She just felt like the media completely turned on her when she lost. She felt attacked. She felt like these people in the media, that she gave three years of her life, cruising around, giving interviews to, completely turned on her when she lost.”

“I’ve been doing this for 16 years, and I’ve had my moments with the media,” he said. “The media can irritate you. If you go through something traumatic like she did losing, and you have to listen to some the things being written and said — I get it.”

Rousey returns at UFC 207 against Nunes, with a “possible” co-headlining title defense from Dominick Cruz as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Nov-16, 16:49
Last Achievements

Here's the audio:

Old 19-Nov-16, 18:19
Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,270 Times in 633 Posts

Again with Ronda's punching ? No lessons learned? We all remember before the Holm Fight , how she knocked out heavyweights in practice, how she can box with Floyd Mayweather etc etc....

Reality is-- if she gets in a boxing match with Amanda Nunes she's dead .
The Following User Says Thank You to Royh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Dec-16, 00:43
Last Achievements

Here’s What Joe Rogan Did to Ronda Rousey That Made Her FURIOUS At Him

UFC 193: Rousey vs Holm took place on November 15th, 2015.

It’s been over a year since then, and we’ve barely heard or seen anything from Ronda Rousey. She used to dominate the headlines and the talk shows and, of course, the MMA media, but lately it’s been relative silence out of the Rousey camp. After a tough loss, it’s understandable that some people prefer to keep to themselves a bit, especially after such a massive media overload leading up to the fight and for a couple years prior.

As we all know, Ronda was masterfully KO’d by Holly Holm, who put on a dominating performance and exposed a lot of weaknesses in the former Champ. Since then, the belt has changed hands a few times, ultimately waiting to see when Ronda would make her comeback. She’s finally got a fight announced, taking on the current champ Amanda Nunes.

It took months for Ronda’s face to heal after getting kicked by Holly, but time doesn’t heal all wounds…

Joey Diaz is a stand-up comedian who has a reputation of being a very real dude. Joe Rogan considers him the funniest stand-up comedian working, and he is best friends with Joe and generally has some ties to the world of MMA. On a recent episode of Joey’s podcast, he let it leak that Ronda Rousey is apparantly “FURIOUS” at Joe Rogan and a lot of the other MMA personalities for not standing by her better after her loss.

Prior to fighting Holly, Joe was on the record as one of the biggest Ronda-hypers of them all. He was driving the hype train with some of the over-the-top statements he’d make about her, in particularly hyping up her striking to out-of-this-world levels.

But after her loss, she feels like she’s been thrown under the bus by Joe, according to Diaz:

“I went to this place and bumped into this guy — I’ve met this guy a few times, he’s a big time MMA guy — and he pulled me over to say how mad Ronda Rousey was at Joe Rogan. Not only Joe Rogan, but anybody in that time period that she got knocked out, anybody who said anything of a negative air… she’s just furious, and she has a long list, and she’s very angry.”

Joey doesn’t go into details about where he ran into this guy, because that would probabally give away the identity.

Joe was just doing his job, he’s generally more than fair to fighters, especially ones that he admires and has a huge crush on like Ronda, but slowing down on the hype a bit seems to have rubbed her the wrong way. Ronda has held some serious grudges in the past, and has lashed out at people for strange reasons, so this isn’t inconceivable.