Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 08-Sep-14, 10:46
Points: 4,282, Level: 27 Points: 4,282, Level: 27 Points: 4,282, Level: 27
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Default Top female fighters vs the world

Hi all, new to the forum looking for help.
I'm in a heated discussion online with a guy who by comparing the physical abilities and fighting skills of average men to average women and of top male fighters to top female fighters concludes that about 35 percent of ALL men in the world would be able to consistently beat the very TOP female fighters.

My guess is that it's closer to 1 in a 1000 guys.

I asked VeVe Lane and she said that 'almost any man can find a woman that will be able to beat him in some kind of fight' (depending on the rules.)

What do you good people say? How do I back up my claim with facts?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikegauger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Sep-14, 13:29
Points: 15,837, Level: 54 Points: 15,837, Level: 54 Points: 15,837, Level: 54
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,286 Times in 330 Posts
Default Re: Top female fighters vs the world

I'd go with about 1 in 100 since MMA training is increasing in popularity. There are certain things that these fighting women train for that the average joe doesn't know how to defend, and once they get going on them, it's game over for a guy if he can't escape. On the flip side, there is very basic defensive techniques that can escape or counter most of the typical finishers (arm bar, choke hold, etc) that could be mastered in a couple years. Once a guy has those down, his strength advantage will start beating those girls who've been training a lot longer.
Old 08-Sep-14, 14:58
Points: 4,282, Level: 27 Points: 4,282, Level: 27 Points: 4,282, Level: 27
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

It's important to say that we are talking about ALL men - every single one - from say 18 years to 120 in every corner of the globe v
MMA is getting popular in some countries, but the percentage of men globally that trains MMA or any kind of martial arts, boxing, wrestling must be pretty low.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikegauger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Sep-14, 15:50
Banned
Points: 16,177, Level: 55 Points: 16,177, Level: 55 Points: 16,177, Level: 55
Activity: 44.1% Activity: 44.1% Activity: 44.1%
Last Achievements

I`m not sure what 1/1000 or 1/100 means or what standard is used to say 35%. I can throw in an estimate of my own though.

In my occupation we train to deal with physical aggression, both offense and defense. I`ve been doing it for over 25 years and we train men and women of all ages and sizes. So, after all these years I`ve had a pretty good look at the spectrum.

My estimate is this, and I think it`s pretty close, I would take about 5% of the women we have trained to go against about 80% of the male aggressors I have seen. I wouldn`t take any of that 5% against the other 20% males by choice. I would absolutely prefer another man at my side.

I`m sure the very best female fighters could deal with much of that 20%. Perhaps cut it down to half? I dunno

But we would be talking female fighters who are probably 1 in a million to be up to the task of matching the top 10-20% of male capabilities. The strength of armies are men for a reason.

I enjoy telling stories about all the women who outwrestled me. Indeed, it is true that I have never once defeated a girl except during training exercises.
But the truth behind all that is, I like to lose to them and I never really tried to win.

I`ve known some pretty tough women, been married to a couple of them. In a dangerous situation every one of them would choose to stand behind me rather then in front of me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bruce911187 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Aug-19, 15:59
Points: 2,897, Level: 22 Points: 2,897, Level: 22 Points: 2,897, Level: 22
Last Achievements

Obviously Veve Lane is right about that.

But "every woman on the face of this earth can find a lot of men that would roflstomp her" is also true.
Old 05-Aug-19, 16:11
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegauger [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hi all, new to the forum looking for help.
I'm in a heated discussion online with a guy who by comparing the physical abilities and fighting skills of average men to average women and of top male fighters to top female fighters concludes that about 35 percent of ALL men in the world would be able to consistently beat the very TOP female fighters.

My guess is that it's closer to 1 in a 1000 guys.

I asked VeVe Lane and she said that 'almost any man can find a woman that will be able to beat him in some kind of fight' (depending on the rules.)

What do you good people say? How do I back up my claim with facts?

I'd wonder what evidence supports that 35 percent claim.

Second, it's doubtful 35 percent of men know freestyle wrestling and/or jiu-jitsu -- the tools women can use to beat guys.

A man must be proficient in MMA to win against the best females. That probably is less than one half of one percent of all guys.
Old 05-Aug-19, 16:32
Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,424 Times in 784 Posts

Less than 1% of all males can beat Rousey, Nunes and others. It's ridiculous. Some pro athletes in other sports would lose to them. That I'm actually curious about. Can someone with no MMA/fighting experience like JJ Watt beat Nunes? I would say yes but who knows? Can a MLB player beat Nunes? I'd prob say no.

That said, literally every women MMA fighter knows 1,000 men who could take her. And prob almost all of them are dating one of those men bc they wouldn't date chumps like us where they would win.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewYork For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Aug-19, 22:03
Points: 2,897, Level: 22 Points: 2,897, Level: 22 Points: 2,897, Level: 22
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

A man must be proficient in MMA to win against the best females. That probably is less than one half of one percent of all guys.
I'd give guys like Hafthor Bjornsson, Brian Shaw, and other extremely big/strong guys at the very least 50 % vs the best females, if we get rid of the rules and *live in a dictatorship and the führer tells them they have to roflstomp the woman or their families are kidnapped* (I'm meaning no offence - just giving the guys some motivation to go mad).
The Following User Says Thank You to Syrnothan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Aug-19, 22:42
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

NHB fighting is so unpredictable.
Old 06-Aug-19, 15:22
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrnothan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'd give guys like Hafthor Bjornsson, Brian Shaw, and other extremely big/strong guys at the very least 50 % vs the best females, if we get rid of the rules and *live in a dictatorship and the führer tells them they have to roflstomp the woman or their families are kidnapped* (I'm meaning no offence - just giving the guys some motivation to go mad).

Jerks always seem motivated to attack women.

MMA isn't a cure-all for self defense.

But like all combat arts, MMA is about hitting opponents' weak spots.