Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 26-Jan-17, 00:02
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,066 Posts
Default Re: Shevchenko-Peņa (no odds available yet)

I cannot imagine that the action is especially heavy, but the money is slowly moving toward Valentina and I expect that trend to continue through Saturday. If you're a believer in Julianna, hold off on betting. But if you're all in on Valentina, go now while the price is still very good.

The cheapest current price I'm seeing on Valentina is -120, which means that's heading close to -150. The best number on Julianna today is +113, so I think it's reasonable to assume it'll get to +125 by fight time.

I love the women who hit hard, but damn that Shevchenko is a ring genius. And from what she's shown, she CAN take a punch, so even if Julianna gets to her face, it may not be enough.

Thanks for the clips, Brooksie.
Old 26-Jan-17, 00:24
Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I cannot imagine that the action is especially heavy, but the money is slowly moving toward Valentina and I expect that trend to continue through Saturday. If you're a believer in Julianna, hold off on betting. But if you're all in on Valentina, go now while the price is still very good.

The cheapest current price I'm seeing on Valentina is -120, which means that's heading close to -150. The best number on Julianna today is +113, so I think it's reasonable to assume it'll get to +125 by fight time.

I love the women who hit hard, but damn that Shevchenko is a ring genius. And from what she's shown, she CAN take a punch, so even if Julianna gets to her face, it may not be enough.

Thanks for the clips, Brooksie.
I don't know much about either fighter but I've thought for awhile that Julianna was kind of cocky. I've seen a few pieces on Valentina and she seems pretty cool so I'm going to root for her. I'm looking forward to seeing the fight especially since it's free.
Old 26-Jan-17, 01:01
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,193 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoswrap [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't know much about either fighter but I've thought for awhile that Julianna was kind of cocky. I've seen a few pieces on Valentina and she seems pretty cool so I'm going to root for her. I'm looking forward to seeing the fight especially since it's free.
Cocky yeah, but also a bit whiny. I didn't like her pouting and threatening to leave over not getting a title shot last fall. We were still waiting on the Ronda announcement but it seemed like it was coming and everyone knew she'd get the title shot if she decided to come back. Julianna started making too much of her record and acting like she should be in line ahead of Ronda, which was just silly. I'm not looking forward to seeing her in the spotlight, getting all the attention and interviews. She rubs me the wrong way the same as Ronda Rousey's persona bugged other folks. Valentina, on the other hand, would be a very interesting person to take center stage in WMMA. I'm hoping she wins this Sat. then goes on to defeat Nunes for the title.

PS - and I'm still wondering WTF is going on with Cat Zingano, another favourite. She says she's ready to fight and has been for a while now. I think it was on the Luke Thomas Show she said a couple of fights had fallen through but that was a while ago. Was expecting an announcement by now. Also Sara McMann vs Randa Markos added to the Halifax card in April. Gotta favour McMann heavily in that one.
Old 26-Jan-17, 01:15
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Cocky yeah, but also a bit whiny. I didn't like her pouting and threatening to leave over not getting a title shot last fall. We were still waiting on the Ronda announcement but it seemed like it was coming and everyone knew she'd get the title shot if she decided to come back. Julianna started making too much of her record and acting like she should be in line ahead of Ronda, which was just silly. I'm not looking forward to seeing her in the spotlight, getting all the attention and interviews. She rubs me the wrong way the same as Ronda Rousey's persona bugged other folks. Valentina, on the other hand, would be a very interesting person to take center stage in WMMA. I'm hoping she wins this Sat. then goes on to defeat Nunes for the title.

PS - and I'm still wondering WTF is going on with Cat Zingano, another favourite. She says she's ready to fight and has been for a while now. I think it was on the Luke Thomas Show she said a couple of fights had fallen through but that was a while ago. Was expecting an announcement by now. Also Sara McMann vs Randa Markos added to the Halifax card in April. Gotta favour McMann heavily in that one.
I love Cat. Hope she fights soon. I find Sara boring. Her fights always seem slow to me.
Who knows maybe the winner of Valentina/Juliana will fight Amanda for the belt in Buffalo in April 😁😁😁. Or would that be to soon?
Old 26-Jan-17, 01:59
Points: 4,833, Level: 29 Points: 4,833, Level: 29 Points: 4,833, Level: 29
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Actually Markos is facing off against Carla Esparza. McMann vs Carmouche.
They are different weight classes
Old 26-Jan-17, 02:13
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_gent [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Actually Markos is facing off against Carla Esparza. McMann vs Carmouche.
They are different weight classes
Thanks for the correction. I'm glad there are enough female fights for me to be confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoswrap [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I love Cat. Hope she fights soon. I find Sara boring. Her fights always seem slow to me.
Who knows maybe the winner of Valentina/Juliana will fight Amanda for the belt in Buffalo in April ������. Or would that be to soon?
I love Sara's physique, so her fights are never boring to me
Old 26-Jan-17, 05:12
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:
Who knows maybe the winner of Valentina/Juliana will fight Amanda for the belt in Buffalo in April ������. Or would that be to soon?
Not sure yet. I suppose it would depend on how easy a fight it is for the winner. If it's a tough fight they might need more than 2 mos. to recharge and train again. It seems to me there's a standard of no less than 4 months between fights for the ladies, but that's just my impression.

Quote:
Not sure yet. I suppose it would depend on how easy a fight it is for the winner. If it's a tough fight they might need more than 2 mos. to recharge and train again. It seems to me there's a standard of no less than 4 months between fights for the ladies, but that's just my impression.

Added after 1 19 minutes:

Last edited by stymie; 26-Jan-17 at 05:11.
Old 26-Jan-17, 21:10
stymie
This message has been deleted by stymie.
Old 26-Jan-17, 22:16
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Last edited by stymie; 26-Jan-17 at 22:32.
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Jan-17, 00:23
Banned
Last Achievements

New Shevchenko promo vid:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to brooksie For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Jan-17, 00:54
Last Achievements

Quote:
Thanks for the correction. I'm glad there are enough female fights for me to be confused

I love Sara's physique, so her fights are never boring to me
Sara does have an impressive physique. I think she hits pretty hard to. I kind of question her ability to take a punch though. She doesn't like to get hit.(I know you're asking who does). In between rounds in her fight with Alexis she told her corner she had to end it soon because she was hurt after Alexis had tagged her a couple times.

I also think she's had an up and down career. She's on the upside now and on a bit of a roll. But I was so disappointed in her after the Tate fight. Going into the third they were even and she starts the round out taking Meisha down and Meisha is able to stay on top of her the full five minutes. Sara looked helpless to get her off of her. And the ground game was supposed to be Sara's advantage. If I remember right at least one of the judges scored that round 10-8 Tate.