Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 27-Mar-11, 15:12
Points: 12,480, Level: 48 Points: 12,480, Level: 48 Points: 12,480, Level: 48
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Are girls getting stronger?

Girls are outperforming boys in pretty much every field these days. Even physically now. More and more girls are taking up combat sports and finding that they can destroy male opponents - often with ease. Are girls getting stronger? or have they always been stronger than boys - but just discouraged by society from getting involved in sports? Should males be worried by this trend?

Pupstar
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pupstar For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Mar-11, 15:47
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,654 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default Re: Are girls getting stronger?

I think as the role of the Female evolves they get more active. Both physically and mentally. I think it shouldn't be surprising anymore that women can think and act the way men can, and even outplay us so often nowadays in those fields that are thought to be dominated by males.

Yes, they are becoming stronger. In every sense. And that is right and correct. They have been suppressed so hard for so long, that I think the momentum of their hitch will leave our mouths open.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Jan-12, 16:32
Points: 1,827, Level: 17 Points: 1,827, Level: 17 Points: 1,827, Level: 17
Last Achievements

where i live i see young women playing sport and young men playing video games i wonder what future holds?
Old 22-Jan-12, 06:55
Temporary group
Points: 2,438, Level: 20 Points: 2,438, Level: 20 Points: 2,438, Level: 20
Last Achievements

One thing I noticed is that teen girls are using techniques and holds usually found only on mixed wrestling vids. Many youtube videos have teen girls at home using legscissors more effectively the DWW girls did in the early years.
Old 27-Mar-11, 22:11
flippent

Girls are getting stronger as girls, often in the early teens they are physically larger now than boys the same age. They are also growing up differently, doing more physical things than before, while boys play video games. So yes, girls are getting stronger, I would say an average girl is now just as strong at least as an average boy.
Old 28-Mar-11, 23:09
Points: 12,480, Level: 48 Points: 12,480, Level: 48 Points: 12,480, Level: 48
Last Achievements

I actually think that girls have always been stronger than boys. It's well known that they develop physically way ahead of boys. The boys themselves don't really catch up untill the late teens. the difference now is in the lifestyles of girls - more are getting involved in sports and this means that theyare coming into more contact and competition with boys - this shows up an uncomfortable truth which we have been able to deny for centuries....

Will this trend continue for girls - will we see a time when girls maintain their strength advantage over boys into adulthood??? if it's just a case of lifestyle choice and attitude adjustment - I can easily see this happening....
The Following User Says Thank You to Pupstar For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Apr-11, 22:25
HongTaiyang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupstar [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Girls are outperforming boys in pretty much every field these days. Even physically now. More and more girls are taking up combat sports and finding that they can destroy male opponents - often with ease. Are girls getting stronger? or have they always been stronger than boys - but just discouraged by society from getting involved in sports? Should males be worried by this trend?

Pupstar
Wrong. And if you look at stats of mixed wrestling in high school etc. you'll see that boys generally beat girls more often AND with ease. Only a few girls beat some of the boys, and it's not with ease, not even close!

They've never been stronger, nor will they ever be. Boys are stronger, it's just biology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupstar [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I actually think that girls have always been stronger than boys. It's well known that they develop physically way ahead of boys. The boys themselves don't really catch up untill the late teens. the difference now is in the lifestyles of girls - more are getting involved in sports and this means that theyare coming into more contact and competition with boys - this shows up an uncomfortable truth which we have been able to deny for centuries....

Will this trend continue for girls - will we see a time when girls maintain their strength advantage over boys into adulthood??? if it's just a case of lifestyle choice and attitude adjustment - I can easily see this happening....
When girls develop physically it's only minor stuff like body hair, odor, etc. It makes no difference in strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippent [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Girls are getting stronger as girls, often in the early teens they are physically larger now than boys the same age. They are also growing up differently, doing more physical things than before, while boys play video games. So yes, girls are getting stronger, I would say an average girl is now just as strong at least as an average boy.
Girls are never larger than boys. They're generally the SAME size up until the early teens, where boys start to get bigger. Boys are naturally stronger than girls, always have and always will be sue to more muscle mass etc. Just biology.
Old 23-Jul-11, 17:41
Points: 24,768, Level: 68 Points: 24,768, Level: 68 Points: 24,768, Level: 68
Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,665 Times in 867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HongTaiyang [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Wrong. And if you look at stats of mixed wrestling in high school etc. you'll see that boys generally beat girls more often AND with ease. Only a few girls beat some of the boys, and it's not with ease, not even close!

They've never been stronger, nor will they ever be. Boys are stronger, it's just biology.
According to many statistical studies, up to about age 12-13 girls and boys are about the same size and strength, and there is great variation among individuals. This means that the strongest girls are about equal to the strongest boys and, therefore, stronger than most boys. As the boys go through puberty, they get bigger and stronger.

There may be more girls who are engaged in vigorous exercise, sports, and strength training than there were 50 years ago, so the top end of the girl's/women's bell curve, even after puberty, is probably closer to the top of the boy's/men's curve than it was.
The Following User Says Thank You to del For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Aug-11, 21:13
Points: 450,825, Level: 100 Points: 450,825, Level: 100 Points: 450,825, Level: 100
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 45,402 Times in 4,303 Posts

Read this from a female teacher on a forum, topic was about strong girls.
Blue Nun:
The school i work in is a rather small school in sweden, grade 1-9, with less than 200 students. There have been a few incidents the last year about strong girls. In one grade 8 class, a girl can beat all the boys in armwrestling. She have also challange three male teachers and won over two of them. The one who won is a very big guy, the two who lost have avarage build.
And we had a fight in the middle of the schoolyard, with ended with a 8-grade girl (not the same girl as above) pinning down and slapping an humiliated 9-grade guy who couldn't get loose.
And this spring, the grade 9 girls won aver the boys on both football and brannball (baseball) in their annual battle before they end school. It's the first time the girls have won the footballmatch, before the guys always won easily, but the last few years it have been more close, and this year the girls actually won.

I would also say that almost every girl on school is involved in some sort of sport, football, riding, judo, track and field and so on. And i would say less than half of the guys do the same. Many of the guys are just sitting in front of a computer or videogame when the school ends, and are clearly more unfit or skinny than boys where few years ago.

I have also notice the girls are more confident and bossy around the boys than before. The footballs girls are not shy about their stong legs, as they often where before, and often compare them next to skinny guys and tease them about it. This spring i also saw a few girls compare arm to a few "cool" guys and the girls was about even with them.

I would say there has been an definitive change in power between the girls and boys over the last few years in this school. The girls are not afraid anymore to train their strengh or show off their strengh.
I have more example, but it would take too long...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deepkick For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Aug-11, 21:18
Points: 450,825, Level: 100 Points: 450,825, Level: 100 Points: 450,825, Level: 100
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 45,402 Times in 4,303 Posts

Another reply on topic from another forum:
Hi all. Interesting stories here. I work since a year back as a gym instructor in a gym in our swim hall. It's a small standard gym, with lots of nautilus machines, and I instruct new members how to use them. This fall there is two new "teams" who regularly book up the gym. One is a girl ice hockey-team, and the other is a nearby company whos boss have decided all employees gonna work out together twice a week in our gym. I don't know exactly that the company do, they are some consultants, but they are 10-12 guys there, between 25 and 50 years, and they are all guys. The head of the company was very used to gym and a heath-nut, and wanted this gym times to support both his employees health and make it an social break from work. But almost everyone of his employees was not very used to training and I must say i was surprised how little weight they could lift. First timed I instructed them I had to decrease the weight many times when i saw how they struggle with their reps. Many of these guys around 30 looks strong with their business suit on, but have quite skinny arms then they take off their shirts. I can lift more on the machines than all of them except their boss and one other guy, but they seems to be cool about it and says it's natural since Im a "pro" in the gym.
Before i started as gym instructor, i guess i had this picture of mens natural strength, that 99% of adult men over 25y, had this "manly" natural strength that was far greater than the average female. But i must say that the picture has change a lot for me since i started working as gym instructor. The average guy is not as strong as i thought at all. We have many couples working out here where the wife lifts heavier on every machine than her husband.

And this was even clearer then i started to instruct the men from this company. Even if
the guys where manly, successful and good looking, many of them could lift even less than i did then i started training in the gym a few years ago. I must say i am a bit intrigued by this fact. But what fascinating me the most is to compare them with the girl ice hockey team. It's very easy to compare them for me, because twice a week, they have the gym right before the male company. They are around 15-18 girls, in the ages of 16 to 19 years old, and seems to take on the gym training seriously. When these teen girls work out almost everyone works out with heavier weights than the men, who use the gym after them. Then they are done training i have to move down the weights on every machine so the guys can getting started faster.
I was very surprised by this, i had never thought that teen girls could lift as much or even more than adult men, and i was thinking that the guys where so untrained in the beginning, and when the men started to work out here regularly, they would all pretty quick surpass the stats of the young girls. But now, after six month, i can see how the girls had actually increased their lead, and increased their strength faster then the men. I guess they are just more serious with their training, while many of the guys are more lazy and sits around and chats in the gym.

I have notice a big difference in attitude here in Sweden over the last years, about woman and gym training. First, there is a big trend of going to the gym, especially among younger woman. Almost every woman in my age now trains at gym, and there is today more woman than men that trains in gym. In our gym 75% of our members is females. And the attitudes in the gym have also clearly changed. Before the woman was in the gym to lose weight, and where often afraid to gain muscles. Now, most woman train in gym to be stronger or to complement their aerobic training with some strength-training. 10 years ago, one of the most common question to gyms instructors from woman, was how they should train to get slim but not to get "manly" muscles. Today, many woman complains they cant "see" any result of their training and ask me how to get more visible muscles in their legs, abs but also their arms. They often say they spend a lot of time and money in the gym and they want to "see" some result of it. I encourage them to lift heavier with fewer reps.
I think this trend is very interesting and i wonder what will happen in the future if this trend continues.

Last week i sat at the cafeteria after the guys had finished their hour and saw how the group of around 10 men from the company where talking, waiting for someone. The girl ice hockey-team had celebrated someone in the cafeteria and was also standing there waiting for something, talking and laughing out loud as teen girls do. When I was studying these two groups, one with serious adult men with ties and one with giggly teenaged girls who dressed very girly now, with makeup and so on, and it struck me it was very hard to believe that the group of girly-girls there where actually physically stronger than the group of important looking men, and the fact was fascinating me.

I have more stories to tell on topic, if you want to hear.

Trainer Camilla"

teen girls handball team

I used to be the team leader for a teen girls handball team. Handball requires a lot of strength and being big is quite a big advantage. I don't have a background as a handballer, I used to play soccer, so I am not a big man at 5'9 and around 140-145 lbs. Some years ago our team won the series, these girls were so happy. At the party after they armwrestled each other as they quite often did. But this time they challanged me. I know how strong these girls were, I have seen them working out since they were small. Even if they were 16-17 years old they were quite big and muscular, most of them as tall or taller then me and almost all of them heavier. I took on the weakest looking girl and lost big time. I thought I should have a chance but she was just too strong. Then the girls started to lift me up and throw me between them. It was quite embarrassing. The coach, trainer, a woman of 50 told them to stop since she could see my embarrassment. After this party I followed the coach home. I thanked her for saving me from the girls. She told me to start working out or women could have their way with me (jokingly). I then challenged her to an armwrestling match, quite stupid really since she was probably 30 lbs heavier and an ex handballer. Of course I lost again. She then showed me other ways of wrestling but that is another story.

Handballers ball

Trainer Camilla

Hi Robban.
Nice to hear more from Sweden here. Your gym sounds similar to the gym i work in. There is a few very big men who are gymrats and are stronger than the others, but the rest is pretty close, both female and male. I know it may not be "fair" to compare the two groups, as i know the girl icehockey team is much tougher and stronger than the average girl in their age. But it's still interesting for me to see how athletic girls can get such a clear advantage, even if their still in their teens.
Funny you mention armwrestling. There is one guy I this group, he is just a few years older than me (I'm 27). He is always funny, and chats a lot. I had to help him a lot in the beginning since he was very untrained. He had done progress but still uses low weighs, and he and his friend often jokes about it, and ask me jokingly if i ever have taken as big weights in the machine as he uses and want too see me prove it. When I do so easily he goofs around about i must be cheating and so on. I told him then I have teen girls after him who lifts a lot more than him he just says "noo way". It may not sound so here but he is actually a nice guy and often gives me compliments, both about my body and my looks, and it makes me feel good.
A few weeks ago he and a friend of his, sat down in the cafe when I was going home. I sat down and smalltalked a little, and he challenge me to an armwrestle. I asked if he was sure, and he answered he was feeling strong today. I giggled a little and accepted the match. I must say i enjoyed the feeling of pinning down his shaking arm without much trouble. I saw how two girls from the icehockeyteam were watching us from behind.
He didn't seem too surprised by his loss, but told me it was no strange he lost since I’m a professional gymrat who spends all my time in the gym. He annoyed me a little now and told him " So you think you would have a better chance against Jenny here?" And pointed at one of the hockeygirls who had been watching us. " Her? I think i would not have any trouble at all with her, but she is a little too young for me."
" Too young? I wouldn’t be soo cocky if i was you." i told him and turned to Jenny "Jenny, this guy thinks he can beat you in armwrestling, do you take his challenge?"
" Yes i do!" Jenny said eagerly and sat down in front of him. I knew Jenny pretty well from the gym, and she was a big and strong girl at 18 year, taller than both me and this guy. He seemed to hesitate a little then he saw how eager she was, but she grabbed his and put it to position. I started them and she took down his arm with one smooth motion all the way down. Both the guy and his friend looked surprised, but the two girls beamed with joy and her friend said " Wow, Jenny. you really smoked him, he had not a chance." And turned to the guy " Can i have a try also?" when he hesitated she almost pleaded him and he said "OK, that the f-ck...". This other girl was smaller and had big curly hair. This match was closer, but after a while, his arm began to shake and i head him shout out "no way!" as she
pushed his hand down. His friend said he was an embarrassment to himself, with ended with new challenges and soon his friend, who is around 40 y, had also lost against both the hockeygirls. During the last match, 5 more girls came from the dressing room and began cheering for the smaller Sara. When more girls wanted to join in, the two guys said they where sore and had to hurry, and quickly left the cafe. The girls giggled and had i few more matches against each others.
I must say I thought it was fun to see these two guys getting beaten by the hockeygirls, but at the same time, I felt a little bad for the guy, and that i had started the matches. This guy has always been nice to be, and I hoped he wasn’t mad at me.
But the next week we met again he just joked about it and said it was just good for a guy to be put in his place by a female sometime, and he said he actually thought it was a good lesson for his friend, who can be a jerk sometimes and needed a more humble attitude. I must say I was relieved about his cool attitude and happy he wasn't a bad loser. I have more to tell about this guy but I have to go now, I didn’t think this post would be so long…

(source) [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deepkick For This Useful Post:

Tags
female, female supremacy, girls, indian, strength, strong, superior