Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 22-Jun-11, 13:10
Points: 5,593, Level: 31 Points: 5,593, Level: 31 Points: 5,593, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Are girls getting stronger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupstar [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yeah, on average guys are probably stronger, but isn't that because females are socially conditioned to be less physically active and sporty? Try to imagine a scoiety where females were encouraged to do exactly the same amount and type of physical activity growing up as the boys. If that were the case I don't think we'd consider females as the weaker sex. I personally think girls are starting to realise their physical potential.
Girls are often encouraged to engage in sports and often do so today. I have seen read on some similar yahoo groups that girls make about 50 percent in martial arts classes these days. Dont know if that is true.
Anyway, I personally know quite a few girls who do a lot of sports seriously. They are in their 20ies, fit and look quite like it, but a man training equally seriously still has a big strength advantage over most of them. The girls dont mind, actually it is the opposite, they like strong men.

Quote:
Type in "girl beats boy" on Youtube - there are hundreds of examples of girls beating guys for real...
Thats becuase its cool nowadays. Take a look at action movies.
Not that I mind
Old 08-Jul-11, 15:46
Points: 5,498, Level: 31 Points: 5,498, Level: 31 Points: 5,498, Level: 31
Last Achievements

I think that girls are getting stronger now due to the opportunities available to compete in sports that used to be denied to them. Now they are able to take part in wrestling and other contact sports. Back in the 50's and 60's they were stuck with non contact sports and taught that they could never compete with boys on an equal basis. Now they are given the chance to go out and compete. I think they will only get better as time goes on.
The Following User Says Thank You to satellite For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Jul-11, 07:40
urban warrior

well if were talking about competitions of physicality like wrestling then you guys are all missing a huge point. wrestling or any competitive sport isn't all about strength. there are many other factors such as, technique, poise, mental tuffness, stamina, coordination, and balance to name a few. all good athletes know this and i think women can be competitive with men in physical sports if they keep these other factors in mind. remember raw strength is just one part of the game.
Old 16-Jul-11, 08:38
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,654 Times in 9,926 Posts

I totally agree with urban warrior.
Old 16-Jul-11, 15:18
Points: 38,470, Level: 86 Points: 38,470, Level: 86 Points: 38,470, Level: 86
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,117 Times in 324 Posts

I second that..my wife regularly wrestles with me and although shes alot smaller and lighter than me, she usually wins with her pins,scissors and choke holds, because she quicker and has more agility and stamina.I am also not in bad shape..3 times a week in the gym,arobics and run and swim alot
Old 18-Jul-11, 12:04
Points: 6,517, Level: 34 Points: 6,517, Level: 34 Points: 6,517, Level: 34
Last Achievements

I had a match once where chokes, hairpulling and punches were taken out of the equation, i.e a safe sane wrestling bout, I thought it would still be easy to pin my female opponent, we we were matched in size. I was quite shocked to find her superior leg strength gave her a massive advantage, she used them brilliantly in defence and in attack, I simply couldn't get near her and even if I did get her on her back she was so supple her legs could reach from anywhere and her bodyscissors and neck scissors were lethal. Found also when out of breath the first time I was never given a chance to get my breath back. Learnt never to underestimate again. I was genuinely impressed and had fought easier guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to ndf For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Jul-11, 12:53
Points: 75,235, Level: 100 Points: 75,235, Level: 100 Points: 75,235, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,746 Times in 631 Posts

Women often take better care of themselves, eat better, work out more and keep themselves in shape. The average guy might be stronger and heavier but he won't be as supple or quick and may have much less stamina.

I think another factor is that the guy tends to hold back, afraid of hurting the woman, whereas the woman doesn't hold back at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to sillver For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Jul-11, 19:00
Points: 12,987, Level: 49 Points: 12,987, Level: 49 Points: 12,987, Level: 49
Last Achievements

I totally agree that women are entering and excelling in all aspects of not only phyiscal activities, but also in every other area I can think of they can and do excell. Business, politics, religion, sports, military, etc. I think it's great! There is still a long way to go, some countries and cultures still consider women to be second class citizens, or property of their fathers or husbands.

Let's not forget though, sucess in business, politics, etc has also increased the stress of daily living for some women are more and more having heart disease, strokes, etc than before.

I think we have to look at the entire equation, not just a small niche where our fetishes lie.

I agree with Silver. When wrestling I do hold back, because I dont' want to cause injury; however, I've wrestled enough women who can legitimately beat me. Some are stronger or more skilled or in better physical condition. I'm not complaining, LOL.
The Following User Says Thank You to bob.earl For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Jul-11, 17:41
Points: 24,768, Level: 68 Points: 24,768, Level: 68 Points: 24,768, Level: 68
Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,665 Times in 867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HongTaiyang [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Wrong. And if you look at stats of mixed wrestling in high school etc. you'll see that boys generally beat girls more often AND with ease. Only a few girls beat some of the boys, and it's not with ease, not even close!

They've never been stronger, nor will they ever be. Boys are stronger, it's just biology.
According to many statistical studies, up to about age 12-13 girls and boys are about the same size and strength, and there is great variation among individuals. This means that the strongest girls are about equal to the strongest boys and, therefore, stronger than most boys. As the boys go through puberty, they get bigger and stronger.

There may be more girls who are engaged in vigorous exercise, sports, and strength training than there were 50 years ago, so the top end of the girl's/women's bell curve, even after puberty, is probably closer to the top of the boy's/men's curve than it was.
The Following User Says Thank You to del For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Aug-11, 21:13
Points: 450,825, Level: 100 Points: 450,825, Level: 100 Points: 450,825, Level: 100
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 45,402 Times in 4,303 Posts

Read this from a female teacher on a forum, topic was about strong girls.
Blue Nun:
The school i work in is a rather small school in sweden, grade 1-9, with less than 200 students. There have been a few incidents the last year about strong girls. In one grade 8 class, a girl can beat all the boys in armwrestling. She have also challange three male teachers and won over two of them. The one who won is a very big guy, the two who lost have avarage build.
And we had a fight in the middle of the schoolyard, with ended with a 8-grade girl (not the same girl as above) pinning down and slapping an humiliated 9-grade guy who couldn't get loose.
And this spring, the grade 9 girls won aver the boys on both football and brannball (baseball) in their annual battle before they end school. It's the first time the girls have won the footballmatch, before the guys always won easily, but the last few years it have been more close, and this year the girls actually won.

I would also say that almost every girl on school is involved in some sort of sport, football, riding, judo, track and field and so on. And i would say less than half of the guys do the same. Many of the guys are just sitting in front of a computer or videogame when the school ends, and are clearly more unfit or skinny than boys where few years ago.

I have also notice the girls are more confident and bossy around the boys than before. The footballs girls are not shy about their stong legs, as they often where before, and often compare them next to skinny guys and tease them about it. This spring i also saw a few girls compare arm to a few "cool" guys and the girls was about even with them.

I would say there has been an definitive change in power between the girls and boys over the last few years in this school. The girls are not afraid anymore to train their strengh or show off their strengh.
I have more example, but it would take too long...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deepkick For This Useful Post:

Tags
female, female supremacy, girls, indian, strength, strong, superior