Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 23-Jan-12, 01:27
Points: 11,964, Level: 47 Points: 11,964, Level: 47 Points: 11,964, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Are girls getting stronger?

The women I've wrestled in sessions have definitely been stronger than I am, despite the fact I have had quite a height and weight advantage as a 6 foot 2 inches tall guy. But they've been much, much fitter than I am. I'm normally completely spent by the end of the hour, whereas one time I wrestled a woman who was in her fourth of fifth session that day and she still anniliated me.

Women do seem to be more into fitness than guys, so any overall strength gap between the sexes is shrinker. Of course, a male bodybuilder-type is still going to be stronger than 99.99% of women, it's when these guys lose in mixed wrestling matches, that I find it really sexy, even if I have doubts over whether it's truly competitive.
The Following User Says Thank You to robpeas For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Jan-12, 04:25
Points: 97,365, Level: 100 Points: 97,365, Level: 100 Points: 97,365, Level: 100
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,056 Times in 4,061 Posts

I remember Helen Von Mott writing in her yahoo group that a female bjj white belt would be able to "wipe the mat" with the average UNtrained guy. Certainly a bold statement, even from her!

and there's this, from an article last July:

Saori Yoshida, one of Japan's most decorated international athletes, has a room packed full of wrestling trophies and gold medals. As the most successful member of Japan's outstanding women's wrestling team, she has a message for the men of Japan, and you do not want to take Saori Yoshida lightly.

Time to toughen up, guys.

While Japanese men were a force in international wrestling back in the 1960s and 1970s, the last time a man from Japan won a world championship gold medal was way back in 1979. Takashi Kobayashi (48 kg) and Mitsuru Sato (52 kg) both lifted gold at the 1988 Olympics in Seoul and Hideaki Tomiyama won the 57-kg class four years earlier at the Los Angeles Games, but all of Japan's Olympic champions since then have been women.

In contrast to her male counterparts, since making her debut on the world stage in 2002, Yoshida alone has won the last eight world championship gold medals in the women's 55-kg class, as well as Olympic gold in 2004 in Athens and 2008 in Beijing. She is also the reigning three-time Asian Games gold medalist at 55 kg.

"In the past, our men won many gold medals," said the 28-year-old Yoshida after a recent workout at the Japan national training center on the outskirts of Tokyo. "I don't know why male wrestlers from foreign countries are stronger now. Maybe it's because of their diet or their body composition (strength), I don't know.

"Nowadays, lots of Japanese men like to spend time on their computers, instead of taking part in actual physical activities, and it seems like many have gone from being 'meat-eaters' to vegetarians or 'grass-eaters,'" Yoshida continued, referring to the recent trend of what are called "herbivore males" in Japan.

Yoshida contrasted today's Japanese man with Jamaican sprint king Usain Bolt. While Bolt likely spent much of his youth outdoors running, getting faster every day, Yoshida says, many of Japan's pampered young people prefer to stay indoors, staring at TVs or computer screens and avoiding physical exercise.

"The environment is too comfortable, and the economy is good so they can have an easy life," she says of today's softies.

Another factor for the decline in men's wrestling, according to Yoshida, could be the implementation of what has come to be known as "yutori education" in Japan's elementary and junior high schools. Characterized as "relaxed education" or "pressure-free education," Yoshida points out that this form of schooling, that takes the emphasis off finishing first, has led to a less-competitive breed of student.
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Jan-12, 06:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB112 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Well again I think its a silly assumption.

I have been beating women who are like 6foot+ and I am just under 5 foot 9.
You always talk about beating random no-name girls around your town, why don't you wrestle someone like Julie Squeeze or Yasmin and beat them before coming around and talking about how no girl can beat you.
Old 23-Jan-12, 06:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malco81 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I believe that they have more skills, but not stronger.
I think girls have definitely gotten stronger, even if they dont look like it. Take Cheyenne Jewel for example. She's 130 pounds and doesnt lift weights. If you put her on a bench, it would be doubtful that she could benchpress 135 pounds. I benchpress more than twice that, and I could not beat her in arm wrestling. No exaggeration at all, we arm wrestled to a draw after about 5 minutes. Its really amazing how some girls just have natural strength that you can't see. It happens a lot more with girls because they don't have the natural muscle that would go along with their strength.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Jan-12, 09:56
Points: 12,480, Level: 48 Points: 12,480, Level: 48 Points: 12,480, Level: 48
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Its really amazing how some girls just have natural strength that you can't see. It happens a lot more with girls because they don't have the natural muscle that would go along with their strength.
Very good point. We always associate physical strength with big muscles, but it's not always the case. Some of the strongest people I've known both male and female - were not necessarily that muscular. Physical strength can just be a genetic trait, so either gender can inherit it and this is what makes the notion that all men are stronger than all women so utterly ridiculous...

Last edited by Pupstar; 25-Jan-12 at 07:57.
Old 24-Jan-12, 08:23
Points: 97,365, Level: 100 Points: 97,365, Level: 100 Points: 97,365, Level: 100
Last Achievements

I read an article years ago, maybe in Muscle & Fitness magazine about "ligament strength" that could be developed only in one's youth, and would be invisible, but still as valuable as bulky muscle. And a lot of bodybuilders, while certainly strong, aren't as strong as they look. I hear some of them have joints weakened by all the repetitive lifting, a kind of arthritis. Bulky muscle is sometimes overrated, I think

So if somebody says a girl is stronger than she looks, I think it's entirely possible
Old 24-Jan-12, 08:27
ploicder

I hope so !!
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 24-Jan-12, 19:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I read an article years ago, maybe in Muscle & Fitness magazine about "ligament strength" that could be developed only in one's youth, and would be invisible, but still as valuable as bulky muscle. And a lot of bodybuilders, while certainly strong, aren't as strong as they look. I hear some of them have joints weakened by all the repetitive lifting, a kind of arthritis. Bulky muscle is sometimes overrated, I think

So if somebody says a girl is stronger than she looks, I think it's entirely possible
Lol. Speaking of bulky muscles being overrated, Cheyenne was teasing me about how my muscles were all show no strength while she was kicking my ass all over the room during our match.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Jan-12, 21:52
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Lol. Speaking of bulky muscles being overrated, Cheyenne was teasing me about how my muscles were all show no strength while she was kicking my ass all over the room during our match.
so next time make a video of your match, wear a mask if you must

There's a video of Lethal Veronica beating some musclehead in wrestling (and in a rematch too), and in response to some comments about it being BS, Xander Treffers, the producer who filmed it, insists it was the real deal. Although Veronica's solid, she's only 5'3 and doesn't have the bulging muscles of someone like her friend, Treasure
Old 25-Jan-12, 03:12
Points: 4,724, Level: 29 Points: 4,724, Level: 29 Points: 4,724, Level: 29
Last Achievements

Not only do I think girls are getting stronger, I believe guys -- and especially boys -- are getting weaker. Today's girls are taught to be more active, and one might notice that most if not all couch potatoes are men.
The Following User Says Thank You to rudy For This Useful Post:

Tags
female, female supremacy, girls, indian, strength, strong, superior