Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 26-May-17, 06:01
Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,424 Times in 784 Posts
Default Mixed Wrestling HOF

So I wish I was out about my fetish because if I was, I'd start a Mixed Wrestling HOF. But since I never will be I figure I'd throw the idea out there.
I think HOF's should be very exclusive company. So someone like Extreme Electra who may have been my fav session of all time, wouldn't make it bc she wasn't there long enough. So my thing would be we pick 3-5 wrestlers and then 2-3 wrestlers every year. And after a few years limit it to 1-2 a year.

Here are my top 4 in order that should make the HOF. (I may miss some from the 70s,80s)

1- Robin. She's still around, done a million videos and still in great shape
2- Hollywood. From Glow to sessions, she has stood the test of time.
3- Lia Labowe. She's in videos, dominant AF in them and very skilled in all the vids.
4- Jennifer Thomas. I don't know if she's traveled as much as the others, but her work on this forum and in sessiongirls is outstanding and above and beyond. She does more for this industry than almost all the session wrestlers combined.

So who would your top 3-5 be? Don't give a list of 20.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NewYork For This Useful Post:
Old 26-May-17, 09:20
Points: 17,001, Level: 56 Points: 17,001, Level: 56 Points: 17,001, Level: 56
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,533 Times in 633 Posts
Default Re: Mixed Wrestling HOF

You have made a good start!
I would add:
* Kristie Etzold, who in my mind is in the same category as Robin and Hollywood, having been around for a long time and as sexy now as she ever was;
* VeVe Lane, who is so amazing both as a wrestler and as a dominant and sexy woman; and
* Sybil Starr because, well, she is Sybil Starr!
In twenty minutes I am sure I will think of plenty of others. My HOF would be huge!
The Following User Says Thank You to nicepuppy For This Useful Post:
Old 26-May-17, 11:24
Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,424 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepuppy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You have made a good start!
I would add:
* Kristie Etzold, who in my mind is in the same category as Robin and Hollywood, having been around for a long time and as sexy now as she ever was;
* VeVe Lane, who is so amazing both as a wrestler and as a dominant and sexy woman; and
* Sybil Starr because, well, she is Sybil Starr!
In twenty minutes I am sure I will think of plenty of others. My HOF would be huge!
Haha...you can't make the HOF huge, or it devalues the honour. So you need to limit it to 3-4.

VeVe has been around for a decade so I get her. Plus she does a lot for the mixed wrestling community. Sybil I would definitely consider later, but not on the initial list. Kristie is solid but I would put her below Robin and Hollywood.

But VeVe has a strong case. I forgot about her haha.
Old 26-May-17, 11:54
Points: 11,858, Level: 47 Points: 11,858, Level: 47 Points: 11,858, Level: 47
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Gia Primo

Nikki Fierce

Both are retired but have been very long in the biz.

Luzia from DWW

Raquel Very very god wrestler

Maybe Ariel X
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mixedwrestler08 For This Useful Post:
Old 26-May-17, 13:24
Points: 5,169, Level: 30 Points: 5,169, Level: 30 Points: 5,169, Level: 30
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Luzia

Robin

Lisa-Marie

Julie Squeeze
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kokowawa For This Useful Post:
Old 26-May-17, 13:25
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,689 Times in 9,926 Posts

Great idea, NewYork!

Some comments if I may:

The name
Firstly, I'd call it "Underground Wrestling HOF" or "Fetish Wrestling HOF", to include those that did f/f matches as well.

How do we pick?
I think we should start with 5 this year, and pick 1 each consecutive year. How do we pick the first 5? There are 2 options. We either organize a "committee" with people knowledgeable in the scene's history. Or we get forum members to first nominate 10 wrestlers. Compile a list of 10 wrestlers with most nominations among these, make a poll, and induct the first 5. I would prefer option 1 (committee), because I think option 2 will favor the current wrestlers heavily.

Guidelines
We would need to set clear guidelines for nominating / voting either within the committee or the member polls, that the sole factor in voting for / nominating an individual is impact on the scene. Here are some things to consider:
- Longevity (for ex Robin, Kristie Etzold)
- Being out there available for the community, helping other wrestlers come up (for ex Jennifer Thomas, VeVe Lane). The scene should not be a passing thing for anyone who is being nominated.
- Working for / with many producers, not being exclusive to one producer or to their own business
- Producing their own content, bringing new material to the scene
- Pioneering status, creating the path for others to follow (Judell DuLong, Beatrice Goffin)

Categories
After a year or two, after we see if this is working out, we can introduce a category for producers as well.

With all said, here are the 10 ladies that I would nominate for the original poll / or committee discussion, in given order:

Judell Dulong
As a true pioneer of the underground wrestling world, Judell should 100% be among the first 5 inductees. While we know now that her business was conceived and operated by her then-husband, it takes away little from her importance to the development of the scene. California Amazon was one of the first who focused on competitive female wrestling, and they were by far the biggest business in the 1970s.

Deena Zarra
One of the first ladies who ever did sessions publicly, starting in the 1970s. Arguably the biggest name in sessioning from late 1970s to early 90s. Had her own production too. Bonus: she wrestled and beat Andy Kaufman on stage.

Beatrice Goffin
A true pioneer, one of the first traveling (majorly) wrestlers, a big fan favorite, worked with as many producers as were available during her time, had her own studio since the 1970s. Had events going on in Belgium for at least a decade.

Joan Wise
Joan was one of the biggest names in video business in the late 1970s and all of 1980s. She brought us Joan Wise, Green Eyes and Jaguar videos, helped many other wrestlers come up in the scene including Robin.

Robin
Like few others, Robin has devoted her entire life to the scene. She has been sessioning and doing video work for 30 years. Nobody beats that, except maybe the next lady. She has her own production which she started in late 1990s, and which is still going strong.

Hollywood
Hollywood was the star of GLOW in 1980s. She has been doing sessions and video work (predominantly pro-style) since early 1990s. One of the biggest names of the scene along with Robin in 1990s and early 2000s, and arguably the biggest name in the pro-style scene.

Helen von Mott
One of the biggest names in late 1990s and early 2000s. Worked for many producers starting in the 1990s. Had her own production, helped many other wrestlers come up. Helen is also the first jiu-jitsu black belt of our scene.

Jennifer Thomas
Jennifer is the person who is the driving force behind our community today. More than any other wrestler. Jennifer is unique. Her completely free SessionGirls website has helped many ladies for many years now. She is constantly doing interviews with wrestlers, helping all of us connect. She is also one of very few active participants of the forum among female wrestlers, being a part of our community since almost day 1. [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register].

VeVe Lane
VeVe Lane is out there, one of the driving forces of the community, always creating content, experimenting with styles, connecting with fans, doing interviews with other ladies. Her Doom Maidens studio has brought many ladies to the scene. VeVe herself has worked with a large number of producers, more than most wrestlers. Besides all that, she is a BJJ brown-belt (might be black by now), and considered the p4p best wrestler we have today.

Hana
The original star of DWW (1990s), one of the biggest fetish wrestling content producers of the day. Hana became popular due to appearing on videos, rather than sessioning, and being a part of DWW. Despite their popularity, I do not want to include anyone from DWW on this list, since DWW's exclusivity agreement with their wrestlers prevented them from truly becoming part of the scene, and they remained as models for one producer. However, Hana is an exception - for her this was more than a passing thing. After the break-up of DWW Hana went on to form FoxyCombat, one of the leading names in the catfight genre.

For future consideration, in given order: Kristie Etzold, Pippa L'Vinn, Shelby Beach, Monica, Honey, Sybil Starr, Nikki Whiplash, Ariel X, Mildred Burke, Bettie Page.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 26-May-17, 13:43
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Also for consideration: Amber DeLuca, Nancy Novak. Perhaps Cindy Huntress, although her time in the scene seemed a bit short, it was legendary.

Hey, how about a Hall of Shame....nah, just kidding
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 26-May-17, 15:10
Points: 16,821, Level: 56 Points: 16,821, Level: 56 Points: 16,821, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,626 Times in 947 Posts

Should include lee price and judell Dulong
The Following User Says Thank You to desertgoodguy For This Useful Post:
Old 26-May-17, 16:00
Points: 22,548, Level: 65 Points: 22,548, Level: 65 Points: 22,548, Level: 65
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,391 Times in 160 Posts

Excellent idea! I'm partial to some of the early fantasy wrestlers who around during the early transition from video to Internet in companies like Green Eyes, DT, Creative Films, etc.). Not the most skilled, but have shown longevity, variety of companies and sex appeal...

Francesca Le
Candi
Belinda Belle
Goldie
(agree with Robin, Hollywood and Kristie)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter54 For This Useful Post:
Old 26-May-17, 19:12
Points: 35,346, Level: 82 Points: 35,346, Level: 82 Points: 35,346, Level: 82
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,209 Times in 769 Posts

Obliusvy Hollywood and Robin and why not Tylene Buck and Quisha Page?