Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 28-May-17, 17:49
Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Mixed Wrestling HOF

Great, and you can put the physical HOF in the suite that's no longer occupied at Trump Towers!
Old 28-May-17, 20:42
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Zweig since it's my idea, I'd like a little input haha.
Impact on the scene absolutely matters, but the only thing we should consider? No way. Someone like Extreme Electra had no input on the scene but can make a case because everyone loves her. Lia Labowe has minimal impact, but there are no bad reviews after more than a decade in the scene.

Impact is a strong word. To me it means helping pave the way for others or doing great work for clients etc.

Do you have an email and we can discuss?
I also picked Mixed and not FF for a reason, but am willing to budge on that. Agree with some of your other stuff but if we really want to do this, we should do it together and put actual thought into this, before we put it out.
Sure, my email is [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register].
However, impact / influence is the only thing that should matter for a hall of fame, along with longevity. This is how hall of fame works in any organization. As much as I like Electra and Lia, they are nowhere near HOF status, especially Electra. They are a part of the scene that was developed by names I mentioned, which should be listed first. There can be a case for Lia in 5 years, since she has been on the scene for longer, for 15 years already. Electra however, while I agree that her dominating ability is unique, something absolutely beautiful, she hasn't been active for 2 years now, she comes and goes when she wants, the scene is a passing thing for her. If this changes, we can talk about it in 10 years.
See the [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], for example. This is a list of people who had a large impact on the development of the sport. Conor McGregor is a bigger star than anyone there, but he won't be inducted in the next 10 years. Ronda Rousey will be inducted sooner, since she had a large impact on women's mma.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 28-May-17, 20:49
Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,424 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Sure, my email is [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register].
However, impact / influence is the only thing that should matter for a hall of fame, along with longevity. This is how hall of fame works in any organization. As much as I like Electra and Lia, they are nowhere near HOF status, especially Electra. They are a part of the scene that was developed by names I mentioned, which should be listed first. There can be a case for Lia in 5 years, since she has been on the scene for longer, for 15 years already. Electra however, while I agree that her dominating ability is unique, something absolutely beautiful, she hasn't been active for 2 years now, she comes and goes when she wants, the scene is a passing thing for her. If this changes, we can talk about it in 10 years.
See the [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], for example. This is a list of people who had a large impact on the development of the sport. Conor McGregor is a bigger star than anyone there, but he won't be inducted in the next 10 years. Ronda Rousey will be inducted sooner, since she had a large impact on women's mma.
I will email you but I also think we should discuss here, since we probably won't change each others minds and the people should decide.

If all HOF only recognized impact/influence then great players would not be inducted. Like Terrel Davis of the Broncos and Sandy Koufax of the Dodgers. Greatness should be inducted. But I agree, longevity should play a role. But 10 years is an eternity in this business. If you spend a decade, you are in the discussion. It shouldn't have to be 15-20 years.

I do agree with you that Electra doesn't cut it. She didn't spend the time. But I think if she was active from 2011-2017, I'd consider her. She may have been the best one ever and I think if you are that great, you should sacrifice some longevity.

Either way this is a great discussion and I'm glad we can discuss rather than argue haha.
Old 29-May-17, 10:49
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
the people should decide.
A hall of fame shouldn't be a popularity contest. It never is in any other company / sport. Many younger people don't know who Deena Zarra or Judell Dulong was, or the extent of their influence on what came later. As I suggested, I think we should select a committee of people who have been around, and who know the scene's history well, and then discuss the names in private. And no way Electra's name should be in the mix for the first induction, or for the next 10, or Lia's for the next 5. Btw, if you think this would be a popular opinion to induct any of them, just look, in 2 pages no one has suggested either Lia or Electra even though you mentioned them in your original post.

Let me just point this out that we don't disagree completely. We both have Robin, Hollywood and Jennifer on our lists. I think Robin should be on the first list of 5. Hollywood and Jennifer Thomas should absolutely be in the discussion for the next 5 single inductions.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 29-May-17, 14:57
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
A hall of fame shouldn't be a popularity contest. It never is in any other company / sport. Many younger people don't know who Deena Zarra or Judell Dulong was, or the extent of their influence on what came later. As I suggested, I think we should select a committee of people who have been around, and who know the scene's history well, and then discuss the names in private. And no way Electra's name should be in the mix for the first induction, or for the next 10, or Lia's for the next 5. Btw, if you think this would be a popular opinion to induct any of them, just look, in 2 pages no one has suggested either Lia or Electra even though you mentioned them in your original post.

Let me just point this out that we don't disagree completely. We both have Robin, Hollywood and Jennifer on our lists. I think Robin should be on the first list of 5. Hollywood and Jennifer Thomas should absolutely be in the discussion for the next 5 single inductions.
Fair points. I'll email you. Just out of curiosity, how long do you think you need to be doing sessions for longevity purposes?
Old 29-May-17, 16:09
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Fair points. I'll email you. Just out of curiosity, how long do you think you need to be doing sessions for longevity purposes?
Cool!
I don't have a limit, to be honest, for how much a person has to be in the sessioning / video business to be in the discussion. But I know that the more the better. I don't recommend considering anyone who has been a part of the scene for shorter than 5 years, and would only recommend considering those who have spent below 10 years on the scene on very rare occasions. There are ladies who have been doing this for 30 years now or almost - Robin, Hollywood, Kristie - and continue to do it! People who have spent their lifetime on the scene / for the community, should be considered first. Judell Dulong spent over 30 years in the business, starting from private events in the 60s to her online presence in the late 90s. Joan Wise started in the 1970s, and their stores still exist today. Deena Zarra was active from 1970s to early 00s. All of these ladies besides being wrestlers were also running productions, creating content when very few did. There are no ladies among the active wrestlers of today who are close to that level of dedication and output, except Robin, who has been wrestling for 3 decades and running a production for 2.
I think the only ladies that are active today that should be in the discussion for the next 10 inductions after the initial 5 are Kristie Etzold, Jennifer Thomas, VeVe Lane.
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 30-May-17, 05:06
Points: 112,379, Level: 100 Points: 112,379, Level: 100 Points: 112,379, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 20,597 Times in 2,527 Posts

I'm a little partial but especially seeing that she has passed away FAR too soon, I have to say I would put my sweetheart Candy in for sure. She certainly had the longevity and I can attest to how sexy she was.
Glad to see Kristie on the for-sure list. I can say she had me in an 80 minute facescissors
Old 30-May-17, 05:44
Points: 2,415, Level: 20 Points: 2,415, Level: 20 Points: 2,415, Level: 20
Last Achievements

The late Kyla (Luciano) deserves to be part of this list, one of the best ever, and she really enjoyed what she did.
Old 30-May-17, 12:30
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The late Kyla (Luciano) deserves to be part of this list, one of the best ever, and she really enjoyed what she did.
Unfortunately I can personally attest that Kyla doesn't belong on the list. She LOVED what she did initially, but then got into drugs and was a zombie for many years.

I actually made out with Kyla and slept in the same bed at a hotel but never did anything more than kiss. We watched mixed wrestling videos all night bc SHE wanted to. But then drugs took over and she was sleeping for 20 hours a day. Literally. She kinda scammed me of $75. When I found out many years later she was dying I reached out to her and she actually remembered scamming me. I of course told her not to worry about it.

She was very cool her final months. We'd talk every so often and she was back to being a good person. Her death still hurts.

But there is just no way she belongs in the HOF in my opinion. And I think I knew her better than most. (Maybe not you, but most)
Old 30-May-17, 12:56
Points: 10,621, Level: 44 Points: 10,621, Level: 44 Points: 10,621, Level: 44
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,977 Times in 223 Posts

Lee Price

Golden Cat

Toni Lindel (Mary Lou Harmel)

Added after 5 minutes:

Laura Vukov

Christine Marshal

Deena Zarra, Joan Wise, Kasie Cavanaugh
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (20.6 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (25.0 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (66.0 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (31.7 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (224.2 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by goncrazy01; 30-May-17 at 12:53.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goncrazy01 For This Useful Post: