Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 18-Jul-18, 15:38
Points: 8,227, Level: 38 Points: 8,227, Level: 38 Points: 8,227, Level: 38
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Goodbye Viktória

It is a pity that Viktoria is calling it a day when she is at the peak of her powers. I only seem to remember her bad defeats. The thrashings that Kassidy gave her, the working over at a live event-LWS Sable gave her and even one of her early matches at DWW when Luzia hurt her. A London session wrestler even called her a big cry baby. I believe that Viktoria would be a much tougher proposition for her past conquerors now.
Old 18-Jul-18, 16:56
Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuk1 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It is a pity that Viktoria is calling it a day when she is at the peak of her powers. I only seem to remember her bad defeats. The thrashings that Kassidy gave her, the working over at a live event-LWS Sable gave her and even one of her early matches at DWW when Luzia hurt her. A London session wrestler even called her a big cry baby. I believe that Viktoria would be a much tougher proposition for her past conquerors now.
Not to criticise your post, as I know you wrote it with a positive slant and I definitely think it's true and fair to say that Viktoria became more and more an accomplished all-round expert technique/tactics wise in recent years as far as I can tell (and at her strongest physically I'd say too). My experiences, and testimonies of other guys on this website too can put her in the same sort of category as Venom for example in terms of ability to score loads of points in mixed sessions etc (and when I saw Venom and Viktoria wrestling each other in a session, they did seem nicely matched too for example).

But I think it's also true she was always very good, and none of us watch all available matches, and we can also be unaware of certain results. Viktoria's wrestling history does include a lot of impressive and excellent performances and results. She was arguably the best DWW wrestler by the time she won against Tiffany (probably not an easy thing to do for lots of quite big guys!). Antscha also did that I know, but Viktoria was probably already established as top Hungarian before that and so winning against the top Czech was very notable. And it was also a good measure of how she did on a level playing field so to speak (where neither she nor her opponent was trained in BJJ, and neither she nor her opponent had any artificial aids to increase strength). The style of wrestling the DWW girls learnt had no real defence against chokes I suppose and the opponent taking the back was not a major problem in DWW matches even if they would have control, so it was probably a shock when opponents first started choking her for example. So the rules and style of matches in some of these events started increasingly not to suit her I guess, just as she was taking part in more of them in the UK
and elsewhere. I know of course sometimes a girl would win against her without BJJ expertise and without taking steroids or anything either, and Sable could be an example of that although I didn't see either of their matches and had been under the impression one was a draw and the other very close.

So at DWW (once she was experienced enough - Luzia was younger than her but had been at DWW longer and I think as Czech girls her and Daniela for example may have had good wrestling training at school even for example - I also think Luzia did accidentally injure Viktoria a bit in their match you saw)
she had a lot of impressive results in fair match-ups with various girls like to name a couple Renata B and Reni. Then since then she also has some very impressive ones - for example a big win against Ina Black who was already a Sambo expert at that time despite being new on the scene (I suspect Jenny Sjodin may have won by less against Ina at the same event but only saw Viktoria vs Ina so can't be sure), a conclusive win against Tia who already had a very good reputation, big wins against the likes of Star*, Mysteria (LWS), Alice who again would probably put up good matches against a majority of guys in sessions. Of course, although I bought as many matches involving Viktoria as involving any other girl now, I still only saw a portion of them (not close to all of them obviously). I only saw the first one vs Kassidy, and I would say the fair conclusion would be Kassidy won fair and square but due to breaks for ends of rounds, or going off the mat etc, Viktoria was unlucky that it wasn't a much closer scoreline. On that note, Viktoria was actually really impressive vs Ariel X too (Viktoria was maybe at least approaching her best by that time or beginning to, as Star* would probably attest to!) and seemed in good positions she'd earned with a positive and skilful approach at moments the end of a round came or they reached the edge of the mat again. We know how good Ariel is said to be too don't we.

And I have no criticism for emotion/sensitivity (I would have to criticise myself if I did lol, it'd be fair to say probably!). It can have a good side too, and I have noticed sometimes Viktoria was kind to an opponent when she felt for them after winning by quite a bit (in a match she won vs Anita, another 'fair' opponent who shouldn't be underestimated I think, or Star* who was appreciating Viktoria's performance but seemed disappointed in herself). She has also been kind to me including by email, saying things like she wished me a great year from her heart etc, so I think Lurkermanau and Royh for example are absolutely correct to praise her personality and character. She is at her best when having fun I think too. To be fair I also found Kassidy a nice girl when I met her I should say - I guess the tension had been built up before their second meeting and maybe that had an effect on both of their reactions but like I say I never saw that particular match. I've noticed that Kassidy had previously (vs Felix for example) often said things like "are you ok, are you ok?" if she thought she hurt someone and maybe even to Viktoria in the first meeting too. So I am not making a contrast there but just commending Viktoria's personality in general (I remember she also acted as translator when some DWW girls were talking in Hungarian a long time ago for me which again showed consideration and kindness I think!).

So yeah, it's true (in my case, and maybe even moreso for some others from what I read on here) that in recent times Viktoria has been able to win by more against guys than excellent wrestlers (including Kassidy herself) have done (or even she won by a lot and they didn't win - showing that the guys have nothing against winning and Viktoria can legitimately beat them). But I think her earlier career, in the right context, was also impressive and she was already great at takedowns, scissors, grapevines, headlocks etc etc!

I hope this is reasonably easy to follow lol, but thought I'd add my thoughts here as my second contribution to the thread!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Armwrestlefan99 For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Jul-18, 17:58
Points: 8,227, Level: 38 Points: 8,227, Level: 38 Points: 8,227, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Armwrestlefan99, that is a really great summing up of Viktoria. You reminded me of some matches that i had forgotten about. She will be badly missed on the wrestling scene.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markuk1 For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Jul-18, 18:14
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuk1 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Armwrestlefan99, that is a really great summing up of Viktoria. You reminded me of some matches that i had forgotten about. She will be badly missed on the wrestling scene.
Thanks mate. I meant it when I said it wasn't a criticism of your post too!

Added after 11 minutes:

Regarding which bodybuilder girls are 100% natural - it is an uncertain topic of course.

Viktoria did show she could win against ones that I would think maybe were, while at DWW and before she'd started touring and doing events. Anita D, and also the visiting Nadia from Greece.

She possibly didn't have a lot of matches with bodybuilders in general, but yeah I thought that that could be a valid point in certain examples (but the BJJ one was probably more relevant as she was not only untrained in it herself but originally also completely unfamiliar with facing it and with wrestling with rules which favour it's use).

Last edited by Armwrestlefan99; 18-Jul-18 at 18:14.
The Following User Says Thank You to Armwrestlefan99 For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Jul-18, 19:55
Points: 5,169, Level: 30 Points: 5,169, Level: 30 Points: 5,169, Level: 30
Last Achievements

I watched her videos for the first time when she was in DWW. I didn't watch her video from other companies that much. my top 5 favorite matches and moments for her in DWW were:
1- Her match when she defeated Tiffany 3-2 when tiffany was not defeated for a long time
2-Her match vs young Luna which ended 3-2 for viktoria
3- the video where she ,antscha and Orsi b wrestled a guy named Josephus. one of the rare occasions in DWW mixed wrestling where you can hear trash talk and teasing during the match.
4-Her sensual match vs aniko and Orsi b
5- her matches vs Zsuzsa
Old 18-Jul-18, 23:10
Points: 3,565, Level: 25 Points: 3,565, Level: 25 Points: 3,565, Level: 25
Last Achievements

Great initiative Lurkermanau. She truely deserves this kind of gift, even though she may never know about it.

My personal memory of Viktoria is very fresh, as I saw her, for the first time and for my first session ever (so damn lucky..., specially considering the fact that she was supposed to retire a year or two before), in October, last year, when she was doing her last tour. What I discovered by meeting her in person, beside how unescapable her scissors were, was her classy attitude. She made me feel confortable just by her attitude, even though I was very nervous prior to the session, had a smile on her face the whole time, wrestled me in a funny way, and hugged me before I left...

I can't say if she was at the peak of her strength or not, because I only experienced, I would say, 5% of her strength and got crushed by her.

Great wrestling skills, awesome use of her legs, great sense of humour, classy attitude... What else?
The Following User Says Thank You to fredoMerik For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Jul-18, 08:31
Last Achievements

Having said I understood that occasionally a girl won against Viktoria without BJJ, it's probably good to add that she also won against girls that did have BJJ in their repertoire. I would think Lina already did when she first met Viktoria, and Tia too, and already in one of Viktoria's first visits there was Veronica Vicious (I was tempted to buy this at the time and since too, but somehow never did but it's billed as a great match and I've seen that the scoreline went in Viktoria's favour in the end):
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Viktoria might have been taller, but I suppose at that time not really bigger/stronger in general, so it would be a case of using her skills against the different (and unfamiliar) skills of Veronica.

To be fair to Mark (who was saying indeed that Viktoria could well win against opponents she lost against in the past also, in his last sentence of the original message) I've also seen that he said himself he saw Viktoria as very skilled. To mention Venom again, she also implied to me I remember that that was her opinion of Viktoria too.

But I also thought if I bumped the thread now, then more people might see the opportunity Lurkermanau opened up for tributes and great session memories to be posted, like the ones of fredoMerik above!
Old 20-Jul-18, 09:24
Points: 13,267, Level: 49 Points: 13,267, Level: 49 Points: 13,267, Level: 49
Last Achievements

I had a half hour session with Viktoria in 2015 at Alpha Femmes in London. She is a lovely girl...very polite and pretty. In terms of wrestling what stood out the most to me was her fluidity...she moved so smoothly...great session.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bum8 For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Jul-18, 16:20
Points: 653, Level: 9 Points: 653, Level: 9 Points: 653, Level: 9

Goodbye! All the best.
Old 12-Aug-18, 09:08
Points: 2,043, Level: 18 Points: 2,043, Level: 18 Points: 2,043, Level: 18
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkermanau [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hi,

Just hoping to get some help from the forum here. I know we are all anonymous contributors from many different countries, but just occasionally....we can all come together to create something that's really good.

As many of you know, Viktória or Viktoriam has officially retired from the scene. As per Viki's nature, she is happy to just slip away quietly with minimal fuss. But hey...after 15 years in the business and given her countless hours responding to emails, fulfilling sessions, her videos and giving all of us many happy memories...I would like to put together a thread she can look back on with pride and possibly a touch of nostalgia. Sort of...to Viktória, from us.

For those who have never met Viki...she is one of those rare individuals who actually got better every single year. Many wrestlers who defeated Viki 10 to 15 years ago would have possibly no chance against her now. She has arguably retired at the peak of her powers. She is also just as beautiful in real life now as she was when she first graced the DWW scene many years ago. But more than this...she is a very generous and genuine person. She will never talk herself up or criticize and complain. But she is one of those people that if, it came to a crunch..you would want her in the trenches alongside you.

I am hoping now that, those who have met and sessioned with Viki will use this thread to share their views and possibly just say... thanks for memories Viki....
She was the best, no doubt whatsoever.