Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > General Discussion [Off-Topic]

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 30-Sep-14, 15:58
Points: 77,348, Level: 100 Points: 77,348, Level: 100 Points: 77,348, Level: 100
Activity: 64.3% Activity: 64.3% Activity: 64.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,666 Times in 2,347 Posts
Default Basketball players' strength

Oh, basketball players are very tough opponents for their height and strength. I remember this most breathtaking Bruce Lee's fight vs. basketball giant Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Kareem is placed on the final level (Hall of Unknown), after eskrimador Dan Inosanto (Hall of Tiger) and hapkido master Ji Han Jae (Hall of Dragon). It means, he is noted as the strongest enemy of Bruce.
Old 12-Oct-14, 20:42
Points: 57,594, Level: 100 Points: 57,594, Level: 100 Points: 57,594, Level: 100
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,751 Times in 1,917 Posts
Default Re: Big babes, biceps and basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobfish [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Kareem is placed on the final level (Hall of Unknown), after eskrimador Dan Inosanto (Hall of Tiger) and hapkido master Ji Han Jae (Hall of Dragon). It means, he is noted as the strongest enemy of Bruce.
It's been a long time since I watched Game of Death. Apparently there was only 15 minutes of footage that Lee had deemed worthy to screen and of course he never got to complete the movie before he died. Footage was heavily edited with body doubles and even cardboard cut-outs of Lee in some scenes. In other words, it was no where near the film it was supposed to be.

Kareem was supposed to be a fighter with no style - which was Lee's intended message for the film - limiting yourself to one style was ultimately detrimental to overcoming all challenges.

It's amazing that this kind of mentality is only just coming to light with the advent of the UFC. Lee was way, way, ahead of his time. For me, his death at such a young age, and such unfortunate circumstances, is one of the biggest losses in film history. Audiences really missed out by not having him around in the 80s when action movies really started to hit their stride. Even growing older, Lee would have been just was influential behind the camera as well.
Old 12-Oct-14, 21:26
Points: 77,348, Level: 100 Points: 77,348, Level: 100 Points: 77,348, Level: 100
Activity: 64.3% Activity: 64.3% Activity: 64.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,666 Times in 2,347 Posts
Default Re: Big babes, biceps and basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It's been a long time since I watched Game of Death. Apparently there was only 15 minutes of footage that Lee had deemed worthy to screen and of course he never got to complete the movie before he died. Footage was heavily edited with body doubles and even cardboard cut-outs of Lee in some scenes. In other words, it was no where near the film it was supposed to be.

Kareem was supposed to be a fighter with no style - which was Lee's intended message for the film - limiting yourself to one style was ultimately detrimental to overcoming all challenges.

It's amazing that this kind of mentality is only just coming to light with the advent of the UFC. Lee was way, way, ahead of his time. For me, his death at such a young age, and such unfortunate circumstances, is one of the biggest losses in film history. Audiences really missed out by not having him around in the 80s when action movies really started to hit their stride. Even growing older, Lee would have been just was influential behind the camera as well.
Yes, I know, in Game of Death many scenes, such as fight vs Karl Miller were played NOT by Bruce and he was dead before this movie came out. But here is the TRUE Bruce, not one of his clones. Bruce Lee here fights also eskrimador (this guy with sticks) and Hapkido Master Ji Han Jae (in golden trimmed gi). Kareem is here "unknown style" (basketball?) master.
Well, when I was teen I knew nothing about UFC, but watched Bruce a lot.