Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 13-Apr-17, 02:11
Points: 11,099, Level: 45 Points: 11,099, Level: 45 Points: 11,099, Level: 45
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Holly Holm

I live in Albuquerque and today while mountain biking in the foothills, I passed Holly Holm on the trails.

Amazing legs!! Tight shorts, just jogging down the trail. I came up behind her and said "on your left", she moved so I could pedal by and I said "Thanks, have a good run." She said "Have a good ride"

Then I saw her on my return trip a half hour later and she just smiled and moved aside and said, "you go ahead. I'm almost done" with a smile.

She really is a gracious and beautiful woman . . .that can kick my ass.

And the fact she has trail etiquette says a lot.

I wish her all the best in her next fight.

Last edited by rennurliart; 13-Apr-17 at 02:13. Reason: I can't type worth a sh&t
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rennurliart For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Apr-17, 03:00
Points: 9,308, Level: 41 Points: 9,308, Level: 41 Points: 9,308, Level: 41
Last Achievements

Haha! Awesome story, and I believe it 100%. Not being sarcastic at all. I can totally see this scene happening with Holly Holm!
Old 18-Apr-17, 21:43
Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,270 Times in 633 Posts

Holly Holm will be fighting.... Bethe Correia. Yes , the same Correia that was knocked out, standing up, via a punch by.... Ronda Rousey....

Can you imagine Holm , still one of UFC's best strikers, loses to a fighter that was knocked out by.... Ronda?

If Holm loses this one , it's rock bottom for her. End of her MMA career.
The Following User Says Thank You to Royh For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jun-17, 16:02
Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100 Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100 Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100
Activity: 81.0% Activity: 81.0% Activity: 81.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 153,793 Times in 13,793 Posts

She did it again...I mean the "headkick". Otherwise a boring match.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Last edited by jovanzi; 17-Jun-17 at 16:13.
The Following User Says Thank You to jovanzi For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jun-17, 16:34
Points: 5,218, Level: 30 Points: 5,218, Level: 30 Points: 5,218, Level: 30
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

I'm very happy that Holly won, and REALLY happy that she knocked Correia on her ass. There are very few fighters I dislike as this is The Fight Game and even though they can get loud-mouthed, many are very decent human beings in spite of it. As for Correia, she is simply a big-mouthed, overrated, arrogant, and nasty individual. My strong dislike started right about when she ran her mouth about Ronda's dad. That was way out of line, and the only thing that pleases me more than me shutting somebody's big mouth when they talk that way, is seeing it done by a person like Holly Holm. Holly is just a good soul and exemplifies what a true competitor is all about. She has been a champion in more than one sport and even when faced with defeat and abuse from "the Haters", she keeps her nose to the grindstone and comes back for more.

Go Holly!!!
Old 17-Jun-17, 16:54
Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32

Thanked 1,259 Times in 314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Corner Man [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm very happy that Holly won, and REALLY happy that she knocked Correia on her ass. There are very few fighters I dislike as this is The Fight Game and even though they can get loud-mouthed, many are very decent human beings in spite of it. As for Correia, she is simply a big-mouthed, overrated, arrogant, and nasty individual. My strong dislike started right about when she ran her mouth about Ronda's dad. That was way out of line, and the only thing that pleases me more than me shutting somebody's big mouth when they talk that way, is seeing it done by a person like Holly Holm. Holly is just a good soul and exemplifies what a true competitor is all about. She has been a champion in more than one sport and even when faced with defeat and abuse from "the Haters", she keeps her nose to the grindstone and comes back for more.
I'm not a Bethe fan but I think you're a bit unfair here. She never talked trash about Ronda's dad suicide, she just said to Ronda that she hopes she doesn't commit a suicide after losing to her. It's far-fetched to assume that she knew about Ronda's dad making suicide and that she made a comment about it because of it.

Also, all the successful athletes are arrogant individuals, especially the fighters. The ones who appear they're not are just fake. You can't be a fierce competitor and not be arrogant when your only goal in life is to be superior to other people. I never understood why people want athletes to be "likeable". They're not like regular people and shouldn't be like them. I actually often like if they're mean and nasty.

After the fight Holly Holm was making jokes and laughed about her knocked out opponent who could suffer head trauma because of it. I'm not holding that against her and I like her, but I doubt everyone would see that as a "good soul".

Bethe talks trash just like a lot of other fighters do. I think that the mostly American fan base just see the trash talk of non-English speaking fighters as more vicious and mean because of the cultural differences and a lot gets lost in translation, that's why not a single foreign (not born in an English speaking country) trash talker was ever popular in the USA why people like Brock Lesnar or Conor McGregor are loved by many. Another example is the Russian boxer Sergey Kovalev who fights today and is seen as this vicious psycho by the Americans because they don't understand his humor because of the cultural differences when he's actually a funny guy.

By the way I'm also happy for Holm, would like to see her fight Cyborg just to see how they match up.
Old 17-Jun-17, 16:54
Points: 2,671, Level: 21 Points: 2,671, Level: 21 Points: 2,671, Level: 21
Last Achievements

That head kick is so brutal. 1 Kick = KO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg holly-holm-bethe-correia-ufc-fight-night-111-1.jpg (266.2 KB, 53 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysBlue332 For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jun-17, 17:00

It was nice. She feinted going to the body and then delivered the kick upstairs. Up until that point the fight was competitive (boring actually, but still "competitive") but that was where her years of combat sports experience paid off, she just has more weapons than Bethe.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to al89 For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jun-17, 20:53
Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31
Last Achievements

I understood Bethe's strategy, but I didn't really like it. Bethe laid back and looked for openings, knowing that Holly is a counter striker that doesn't like coming forward. That did make Holly uncomfortable. But the problem is that Bethe is a volume striker; that's her strength. So she sacrificed that to play into Holly's weakness. And as we saw, it didn't work. Gotta do what you do best.
Old 17-Jun-17, 22:01

Holly's problem is that she doesn't have a jab. When you're a counterpuncher with height and reach advantage and your opponent doesn't want to open up you have to use the jab.

Holly should have just jabbed her to the body a bit, then feint to the body and go with the jab to the head and things like that. Just focus on landing a couple of clean jabs without getting countered. Even just landing 5 or 6 of such jabs would force Bethe to open up otherwise she would be losing rounds comfortably. This would then force her to fight Holm's fight.

Tags
boxing, fighting, holly holm, kicking, mma, muscle