Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 09-Aug-12, 21:57
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,355 Times in 1,045 Posts
Default Pin vs Submission?

Hey guys,

Just out of curiosity, which do you prefer to see in mixed wrestling video matches:

Matches with scoring for pins (held for a certain count)
or
Matches with scoring for submissions (jointlocks or chokes, forcing opponent to surrender)?

Also, why do you prefer one or the other? If you like both, or like both within a single match (pins + submissions), feel free to mention that as well.

Regards,
Diablo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiabloNYC For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Aug-12, 22:03
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,355 Times in 1,045 Posts
Default Re: Pin vs Submission?

From my personal perspective, I prefer submission matches. But this is probably because my training background is in submission grappling and not American school-style wrestling or freestyle wrestling.

That being said, I do find pin matches to be "exotic" and different, just because I have such limited exposure to that style.

For a mixed match, where weight advantage can come into play, which the male typically outweighing the female, a submission style match would give the smaller opponent a good fighting chance. In a pins match, once your stuck on the bottom, you are in a pretty bad spot, but in a submission match, you can actually use craft and leverage to work submission attempts from the bottom.

What say you all?
The Following User Says Thank You to DiabloNYC For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Aug-12, 22:17
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Why a smaller opponent? Why not both the same size?
Old 10-Aug-12, 00:01
Temporary group
Points: 3,593, Level: 25 Points: 3,593, Level: 25 Points: 3,593, Level: 25
Last Achievements

I like pins a lot more.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadSoulKing For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Aug-12, 00:25
Points: 21,868, Level: 64 Points: 21,868, Level: 64 Points: 21,868, Level: 64
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,622 Times in 507 Posts

I can't stand pin matches. It feels like I'm being cheated. If I want that stuff, I'd rather watch an MFX facesitting clip. What I want is realistic, credible match-ups, preferably a one-sided outcome. I want to see an "alpha" female using superior skill and strength, to humiliate her rival. I want to see her enjoy putting on the hurt with excrutiating submission holds. And you know what really gets my goat? Releasing the hold as soon as the loser taps. I want to see a triangle choke held tight, whilst the loser taps like Fred Astaire.

If we can't have a KO, then at least lets have some sexy suffering and drag it out a bit. I'm getting fed up with using slo-mo all the time, because the "hot" part of the action only lasts a couple of seconds.
Old 10-Aug-12, 00:33
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Last Achievements

My ideas are exactly the opposite of yours.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freestylefan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Aug-12, 00:37
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylefan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
My ideas are exactly the opposite of yours.
Very good: that's what democracy is all about
Old 10-Aug-12, 02:38
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I can't stand pin matches. It feels like I'm being cheated. If I want that stuff, I'd rather watch an MFX facesitting clip. What I want is realistic, credible match-ups, preferably a one-sided outcome. I want to see an "alpha" female using superior skill and strength, to humiliate her rival. I want to see her enjoy putting on the hurt with excrutiating submission holds. And you know what really gets my goat? Releasing the hold as soon as the loser taps. I want to see a triangle choke held tight, whilst the loser taps like Fred Astaire.

If we can't have a KO, then at least lets have some sexy suffering and drag it out a bit. I'm getting fed up with using slo-mo all the time, because the "hot" part of the action only lasts a couple of seconds.
I agree 100%. Even though some long held pins (cross-body pin, for example) can be pretty attractive, nothing matches well applied submission holds.

Just my $0.02.
Old 10-Aug-12, 10:09
Points: 4,751, Level: 29 Points: 4,751, Level: 29 Points: 4,751, Level: 29
Last Achievements

The problem with pins is that you hardly ever see videos where they are applied in a credible manner. I mean, it's hard to believe that a woman could pin a male opponent who outweighs her by far.
I have hardly ever seen realistic pins, but I remember that some DWW videos had quite realistic (seemingly) ones. As to me, I love vids in which a woman is clearly superior and not only beats, but humiliates her male opponent. Whether that is by pins or submissions, I don't care too much. I find it quite a turn-on when she wears him out with strong submission holds and has him finally submit and admit defeat by holding him in a tight sgp which he can't escape because he's already too worn out.
Old 10-Aug-12, 12:54
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I agree 100%. Even though some long held pins (cross-body pin, for example) can be pretty attractive,
The good thing about cross-body, is that the aggressor can apply a kimura at the same time. Like a headlock can become a keylock. But instead of keeping them there and manipulating the joint for a bit of domination, as soon as there's a tap, they release the hold as if they're in the Octagon and bones are going to get broken. What I'd like to see is something akin to the Rousey/Tate finish, but obviously its not real, so we don't go to that extreme. Its not UFC, so we don't need refs. IMHO taps should be ignored at the discretion of a hot dominant chick who's enjoying herself with a bit of torture. Nowt wrong with that!

Last edited by Stewie; 10-Aug-12 at 12:59.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stewie For This Useful Post:

Tags
pins vs submissions